• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Discussion Thread 2: I Got 99 Pre-orders But A Rosalina Ain't One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hooray! My Rosalina (U.S.) from Target just came in the mail. Two days early no less! She has a couple dots on her hair but otherwise. Lookin smooth!

OOVASpm.jpg

My collection so far: (I'm missing Marth and WFT. I have Toon Link, Sheik, Lucario and Rosalina but they aren't up yet)
WkqBlh1.jpg

So I went to my local Target today to ask about any amiibo they might have in the back, hopefully getting one more since I snagged a Sheik amiibo earlier this week. The employee told me they don't have any Toon Link in stock (but he checked his talzon instead of actually going in the back so who knows if that's true). He asked me when it was supposed to come out and I said I think last week. He said to try again tomorrow since he knows they're stocking the Rosalina amiibo tomorrow. I asked him how many they have back there and he said he thinks 8(!). 8?! EIGHT?!

I said to him I should probably come by tomorrow when they open and he said maybe to come around 10am or 12pm so that gives them enough time to stock them. Then again he also said they might stock them overnight. Not so sure how reliable this employee was. And their tiny shelf is already so full of Marios and Peachs. Where would they put anything else?! Anyway, he said he can hold a Rosalina amiibo for me in the back and took my name. That was really nice of him to do but I'm not so sure I actually have one guaranteed since he's been pretty unclear about everything else he told me. Tomorrow morning sure is going to be fun...

Go in at 8,dont wait for them to stock it. They can pull from the back if needed. I know at my store we are pulling all of them before the store opens so there isn't any crazy accidents that can happen with the opening electronics person.

Zalman

So I'm about to unbox my Samus. Do they start leaning over time even if it looks fine now? And is there a fix if it happens?

Jswanko

I thought I'd heard that if the Target scan street-dated items into a certain location, it doesn't show as available on brickseek? My impression was that unless items show as being on the sales floor, or are scanned in a location for items that are fine to sell, they don't show up on brickseek.

I'd suggest calling your Target to confirm if they have Rosalina for tomorrow or not, get at least an estimate of how many, and maybe a promise that it will be limiting 1 per person tomorrow. Maybe ask if they plan on handing out tickets as guarantees for those waiting in line, just in case there are line jumpers/runners. < This is my plan.

Ok thanks. Guess I'll give them a call today after work

Crom

Bah, just chatted with a CS rep, mine are on backorder too. Fuck Nintendo.

Nintendo hasn't supplied as many Amiibos as they should but I would blame Toys r Us on this one. They handled the whole Amiibo thing with utter incompetence. They canceled peoples' orders. Took new preorders and then put a bunch of Amiibos on Ebay without knowing how many they would receive

G0523

Go in at 8, don't wait for them to stock it. They can pull from the back if needed. I know at my store we are pulling all of them before the store opens so there isn't any crazy accidents that can happen with the opening electronics person.

Good to know, thanks. I thought it was weird that when I asked about the Sheik amiibo earlier this week, the Target employee actually went in the back and got one for me. But when I asked about the Toon Link amiibo today, a different Target employee just looked at his talzon to see if they had any in stock. We were standing near the back doors too...

Good to know, thanks. I thought it was weird that when I asked about the Sheik amiibo earlier this week, the Target employee actually went in the back and got one for me. But when I asked about the Toon Link amiibo today, a different Target employee just looked at his talzon to see if they had any in stock. We were standing near the back doors too...

Last I checked, if you search for the amiibo by name on the pda or my device they do not come up for some reason. You have to scan the actual item. I haven't checked to see if the dpci makes it searchable or not.

DSN8kaH.jpg

My Target Rosalina showed up today along with my AmazonUK Lucario. Rosalina's wand bent but it might be an easy fix, though.

I might still go to Target tomorrow since I need Toon Link.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Called my GS since they tend to get their shipments around Noon-ish. Still no update on the shipments of Wave 3 amiibo, but said to keep checking. I mentioned how Rosalina was getting a 1 per customer limit, and considering that the employee has had experience with scalpers (all the Pokemon Rumble U figures were bought by one guy & it seems he was going around the state to different GS locations to buy all he could), I'm hoping they'll impose the limit as well.

Mecca

I'm very glad my Target has 2 entrances, and one of them is near electronics. Won't have to run to beat people tomorrow morning lol

Lucky. The Target I'm thinking of going to is on the 2nd floor and you need to either run up the billion stairs, wait 20 minutes for an elevator or ride up on a slow ass escalator to top.

Got my Sheik in the mail from Best Buy today. I didn't think UPS delivered on Saturday...

As always (for me anyway) the box was in perfect condition from Best Buy.

Ugh, Best Buy called me to tell me there is a limit of one Amiibo per customer per day and they were canceling one of my orders because I ordered two Bowsers. The thing is, I didn't. I ordered a Bowser and a Toon Link. Now I'm stuck on the phone waiting for them to pick up to ask WTF?

Rocky

Banned
Nintendo hasn't supplied as many Amiibos as they should but I would blame Toys r Us on this one. They handled the whole Amiibo thing with utter incompetence. They canceled peoples' orders. Took new preorders and then put a bunch of Amiibos on Ebay without knowing how many they would receive

Being that its not just TRU getting minuscule amounts of Amiibos, Nintendo is ultimately to blame for under-producing them.

These are intended to be used with the Smash Bros game, so they should have at least made the sets at 1:1 ratio so that there's a set of Amiibo out there for every copy of Smash shipped.

And to make matters worse, Nintendo stupidly announces that some of them will be limited, thus causing this mass panic and scalpers to go on the prowl.

StAidan

Just got off the phone with my local Target, unfortunately they couldn't tell me a whole lot. They have none of the new amiibos right now, but there is a truck coming tomorrow morning that MIGHT have them, and if not then maybe Tuesday.

So basically, I run the risk of missing out if I'm not there at 8am, but who knows if it will be worth the time anyway. I'm supposed to be at church at 9am, so I'd be cutting things close either way.

Somnid

These are intended to be used with the Smash Bros game, so they should have at least made the sets at 1:1 ratio so that there's a set of Amiibo out there for every copy of Smash shipped.

Sure if you expect everyone who bought smash to drop $600 on figurines, this makes perfect sense. However that's a crazy pants assumption.

Mecca

Pompadour

Man it been a whole month since I ordered little Mac from a a third party seller for $20 and still haven't showed up. I should contact the seller soon because there no tracking info either.

What third party seller did you order from? I bought a $20 Mac (shipping included) from a Samurai-Japan-Shop on Amazon and they aren't responding to my messages. Their ratings have plummeted this past month and suddenly all of their products are "Currently unavailable" so I'm assuming I've been scammed. I chose the cheap shipping option so technically they have until February 20th to deliver the package.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom