• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 5 | Because we didn't preorder thread 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neverfade

Got the last of 5 MKs at my Bestbuy... Nothing else new. Very sad. Must find Dedede.

Edit: They had 5. I was 5th in line. I got one.

zroid

Banned
Went to Best Buy, waited with some of the people from TRU last week. Everybody in line had a MK, good times.
Some people get theirs, and when it's my turn the clerk says hold on.
One of the guys preordered 8. The amount the store got was all actually his.
Long story short I'm the only one who didn't get it as the dude got 5.
I ask him right there to name his price. "I'm not a scalper, man." I ask him for real, what is his price to keep this toy from my 4 year old daughter and he ran off.
Edit: at least the group was there so that we could see the face of the Annapolis area scalper

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Well, a friend of mine who split up to head to another Best Buy managed to secure a Meta Knight for me. If my Lucario from Amazon UK gets here safe and sound, I'll have survived getting all four US exclusives.

What am I doing with my life, etc etc.

Now to batten down the hatches for the wave 4 slaughter.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
According the Best Buy I was at, a guy waited 5 (FIVE!) hours to be greeted with a Meta Knight that had a bent box. the employees were laughing because he bitched about it and refused to take it.

I hope it was a scalper.

melman101

I get to Best Buy in Yonkers at 9:50am. There is already a line of people out the front. Maybe like 7 - 10 people. Then they let in a stream of people. I ask where is Meta Knight. He says go to Gaming. I run over there cause this other kid does. Then we get to gaming, and they say run back to customer service thats where they are. When we get over there, they say, those are only for pre-orders, go to gaming. By that time, the line is malformed, and there is a group of angry kids standing around in gaming, and the dude goes we only have a little bit. So f’ that. And I went home.

--------

I got them coming in the mail, but would like to have an extra one. Oh well.

I just got Mega Man and Sonic! This place has Fox, Mega Man, Sheik, Toon Link, Sonic and others (commons) in stock for order RIGHT NOW!

Quote to see link! This is in the US.

Josh7289

OK.

My Meta Knight from bestbuy.com just arrived.

Inside the box was also an opened Fido HTC Desire. No invoice, no explanation. Just an old-ass phone from a Canadian company (I live in the US). I'm not making any of this up. I do not understand.

lol saw the line at my local best buy. my friend who works there said theres only a couple for non preorders so i said fuck that. ANYONE selling a US meta knight for a fair price?

Went to Best Buy, waited with some of the people from TRU last week. Everybody in line had a MK, good times.
I ask him right there to name his price. "I'm not a scalper, man." I ask him for real, what is his price to keep this toy from my 4 year old daughter and he ran off.
Edit: at least the group was there so that we could see the face of the Annapolis area scalper

Got the last of 5 MKs at my Bestbuy... Nothing else new. Very sad. Must find Dedede.

Hmz...

LiK

I spoke to Shipwreck and his BB had 8 MKs but they're only allowing one per customer. He couldn't get me an extra Mega Man :(

Akim

Banned
People that got Metaknight...

Can you give more information other than I got it? Like what time you got there, were there tickets etc..

Piscus

At least you all know what he looks like now. Hopefully this will shame them into stopping.

He don't care about the shaming, he just cares about that $$$$$. Did he look like this?
latest

rjinaz

Just bust a Dedede on amazon for $20.77. It's supposed to the US version, we'll see. Only 6 left last I checked. Good seller rating with over 300 transactions last 12 months.

Edit: All gone now.

Why though?! Why can't it be like that for both. This drives me NUTS!

Rosalina was just as much a clusterfuck. I was unable to find her. I actually just picked up my metaknight at bestbuy, and this was in 2 degree temps. The store got 8 (more than I expected) , and handed out tickets (thankfully) one per person.

I preordered an extra shulk, but it's not coming till may 1st. I am willing to trade one for a new american rosalina when the time comes, if anyone is interested. I am in Connecticut.

Zombine

Banned
Why though?! Why can't it be like that for both. This drives me NUTS!

Like how are you going to get an exclusive figure and have none for walk ins? Not to mention the few that were got picked off by employees the night before.

I know how the place operates, I used to work at this store and they're shady as fuck.

Chucker

He don't care about the shaming, he just cares about that $$$$$. Did he look like this?
latest
Nah, this dude was like 40.
Edit: the dude in front of me, Dustin (if he reads GAF?) even offered me his, but the clerk said it was spoken for as well. I'm gonna find this dude on CL.

Armaly

I want to get into Amiibos. The only ones I want at the moment are Ness, Lucina, Mega Man, and Lil Mac. So Ness and Lucina aren't available for US pre order yet, right? I know Mega Man released today and Lil Mac is going to be hard to find. Anyone know a good site to import Lil Mac? Now i'm tempted to go out and look for Mega Man but it's around -3F atm.

Kilau

Gold Member
OK.

Inside the box was also an opened Fido HTC Desire. No invoice, no explanation. Just an old-ass phone from a Canadian company (I live in the US). I'm not making any of this up. I do not understand.

Wait, what? That is crazy.

Legit worried about my order now.

OK.

Whaaaaaaaa

A BB employee or postal worker took it man.

Fox Mulder

I want to get into Amiibos. The only ones I want at the moment are Ness, Lucina, Mega Man, and Lil Mac. So Ness and Lucina aren't available for US pre order yet, right? I know Mega Man released today and Lil Mac is going to be hard to find. Anyone know a good site to import Lil Mac? Now i'm tempted to go out and look for Mega Man but it's around -3F atm.

If you live in the US you should really pick different characters to want.

How about a Mario, peach, or pikachu instead?

According the Best Buy I was at, a guy waited 5 (FIVE!) hours to be greeted with a Meta Knight that had a bent box. the employees were laughing because he bitched about it and refused to take it.

I hope it was a scalper.

A scalper wouldn't care, and just list it without a good picture. That is a guy that just wanted it for himself and got laughed at for being a big nerd. :c

FaintDeftone

I got to Best Buy 10min before they opened and there were about 12 people in line. They only had 5 MKs for non-preorders and two of Mega Man; that was it. Luckily I had Meta Knight preordered there so I was still able to get him, but the two Mega Man figures were gone quick. At least I walked out with Meta Knight.

I went to TRU right next door (a lot of the folks at BB went too) and I was able to score a Sonic that they were just unpacking. So overall I was able to get two I was looking for today. Not too bad.

They pass out tickets?
Nope, everyone just walked in a line to the pickup area and after the first few people got theirs, the manager was saying how they were out except for pre orders and only about 3 people got them. I'm not too bummed since I wasn't all too hyped for MK, but I did the same thing for Lucario at TrU and got one no problem.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!

You should have chased him down through the parking lot, weaving between cars before tackling him to the ground, then shoving a $20 bill in his mouth and walking off with a Meta Knight in your hand like a boss. Would have been some Bourne Identity/Daniel Craig Bond shit.

Piscus

A scalper wouldn't care, and just list it without a good picture. That is a guy that just wanted it for himself and got laughed at for being a big nerd. :c

Yeah, I feel kinda bad. I would be PISSED if I waited that long, only to get a damaged one. Not everyone who keeps their's in the package is a scalper...

So, the details of my Best Buy as i now have to endure being more sick from going out:

5th in line at about 9:30
No tickets, but everyone in line was respectful
We got in, they kept our line together, brought us to the customer service desk, and had the amiibos behind the counter, one AMIIBO per person. However, they only got MM and Meta Knight. Had 8 extra Meta Knights, and Gunstar walked away clean...

And now excuse me well i go become dead to the world

Never got an answer a page or two back but didn't Megaman and Ike launch already in the US? Why are people trying to snag those figurines, I thought they were sold out everywhere? Has there been a restock?

Gartooth

For the store I went to, I arrived at 7:20 and was first. Three people came together at 7:40 and by then they were out of MK. No idea how many MM they had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom