• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 5 | Because we didn't preorder thread 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Never got an answer a page or two back but didn't Megaman and Ike launch already in the US? Why are people trying to snag those figurines, I thought they were sold out everywhere? Has there been a restock?

Different retailers have different release dates/windows... also people are also trying to snag them in-store without pre-orders, as retailers will have a few to put out on shelves.

I just got Mega Man and Sonic! This place has Fox, Mega Man, Sheik, Toon Link, Sonic and others (commons) in stock for order RIGHT NOW!

Quote to see link! This is in the US.
Awesome, thanks! Just grabbed a Mega Man (my first Amiibo)

All I need now is Pac Man. Thought about grabbing the one from storeMIJ earlier but decided not to (would prefer a US version).....hope that wasn't my only chance

I got to Best Buy 10min before they opened and there were about 12 people in line. They only had 5 MKs for non-preorders and two of Mega Man; that was it. Luckily I had Meta Knight preordered there so I was still able to get him, but the two Mega Man figures were gone quick. At least I walked out with Meta Knight.

I went to TRU right next door (a lot of the folks at BB went too) and I was able to score a Sonic that they were just unpacking. So overall I was able to get two I was looking for today. Not too bad.
Sounds like we may have been at the same best buy with a TrU next door lol. The ones by Oakland Mall by any chance, assuming you're a fellow Michigaffer?

Marjorine

I am out on trying for these things on days of release without a preorder.

The people at Best Buy waiting in line were kinda mean and nasty, and it wouldn't have shocked me if a fight broke out. One guy completely lost it on a Best Buy employee at the counter because they didn't have Ike. A dude had three Meta Knights reserved, maybe a scalper, maybe not, and I think some people wanted to shank the fella.

It's sad. It's online preorders or importing from Japan from here on out. Which is how I just got my Meta Knight. I go to a lot of gaming release events and none of them are ever this nasty.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Nintendo is just leaving money on the table at this point. There's stoking demand, and then there's starving your market to death. I'm someone who would gladly buy more than half of the Amiibos released, but at this point I'm just going to do what it takes to get Ness and then stop paying attention.

Joei

hXBMxWG.jpg

Something from this is missing....

Oh, and all acquired without preorder, not that I'll do that again..

Mzo

Local BB only had enough for preorders. Dude waiting with me was cool but some bro that showed up at the last second raced us to the Amiibos. Sad there was nothing for my buddy but glad that prick wasted his time.

Got my preorders and the new Kirby game.

OK.

My Meta Knight from bestbuy.com just arrived.

Inside the box was also an opened Fido HTC Desire. No invoice, no explanation. Just an old-ass phone from a Canadian company (I live in the US). I'm not making any of this up. I do not understand.
Forreal? take a picture there needs to be a riot!

Hero

Got to a BB 30 minutes before open, no line. Decided to wait in my car when others started to show up and in their car. Then some kid got in line with another guy so I come out and join them and another dude shows up. 4 of us wait and thankfully we each walked away with a MK.

Also picked one up for a fellow GAFer that helped me out!

Zombine

Banned
Local BB only had enough for preorders. Dude waiting with me was cool but some bro that showed up at the last second raced us to the Amiibos. Sad there was nothing for my buddy but glad that prick wasted his time.

Got my preorders and the new Kirby game.

I couldn't have been fuckin bothered. I took my slow ass time walking back there. So many dudes jolted off it was embarassing.

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
Went to Best Buy, waited with some of the people from TRU last week. Everybody in line had a MK, good times.
Some people get theirs, and when it's my turn the clerk says hold on.
One of the guys preordered 8. The amount the store got was all actually his.
Long story short I'm the only one who didn't get it as the dude got 5.
I ask him right there to name his price. "I'm not a scalper, man." I ask him for real, what is his price to keep this toy from my 4 year old daughter and he ran off.
Edit: at least the group was there so that we could see the face of the Annapolis area scalper

Should gave whipped your phone out and took a picture of him right there in his face. His paranoia would have made him ask "wait what are you doing??" To which you slyly reply ".....nothing.." and walk off

Go home..create a site called The Scalpers Among Us, then post it to every social media site known to man.

Then start checking the news.

kubus

All of wave 4 is still up for preorder on Japanese site Yodobashi. You'll have to use a forwarding service like Tenso to get it to the US but they're up...

http://www.yodobashi.com/ec/category/index.html?cate=&word=amiibo&ginput=きせかえプレート+No.059
Trying to order with my Tenso address, it sucks though because I'll be living in Japan when they release. Just don't know what my address is gonna be :(
Hope Tenso will ship them to my place in Japan when they get there, lol

Also they take foreign credit cards then, I guess? Thanks for the heads up btw

For the link I posted earlier that has Fox, Sonic, Mega Man, etc... they also have a variety of commons for $9.77. Looks like Yoshi, Peach, and Donkey Kong.

Kirby is $11.99.

paolo11

Damn, just when I was about to check out for Megaman, it was sold out.

Please gaf, spare me a Megaman Amiibo .please please please.....

Trying to order with my Tenso address, it sucks though because I'll be living in Japan when they release. Just don't know what my address is gonna be :(
Hope Tenso will ship them to my place in Japan when they get there, lol

Also they take foreign credit cards then, I guess? Thanks for the heads up btw

Yeah, I was able to use my debit card without issue.

EDIT: Shit they already charged me, lol.

FaintDeftone

For the link I posted earlier that has Fox, Sonic, Mega Man, etc... they also have a variety of commons for $9.77. Looks like Yoshi, Peach, and Donkey Kong.

Kirby is $11.99.

Mega Man is now sold out there. I had one in my cart and ready to go but I never heard of the place and I hesitated and didn't order it.

So are we sure the AmiAmi set isn't entirely sold out? Someone said earlier they may be, and someone said that no one got any orders in since it was live for less than 60 seconds and we expect them to go live again later.

Is the latter correct?

Josh7289

Sounds like we may have been at the same best buy with a TrU next door lol. The ones by Oakland Mall by any chance, assuming you're a fellow Michigaffer?

From reading amiibo hunting stories I have found out that it is extremely common to have a Best Buy and a TRU at the same shopping center all across the US.

Kilau

Gold Member
Nononono, I'm so sorry, everyone. I wasn't clear.

I got my Meta Knight! He was in the box. It's just that the old, used phone from a Canadian carrier was also in the box with no explanation whatsoever.

Oh lol, glad you got your MK then.

I guess he was making phone calls while on the way, watch your back.

skaflone721

Neo Member

Chairhome

I just got Mega Man and Sonic! This place has Fox, Mega Man, Sheik, Toon Link, Sonic and others (commons) in stock for order RIGHT NOW!

Quote to see link! This is in the US.

Thanks! I ordered sonic, I guess they'll ship starting the 28th? I appreciate it. Now I'm just looking for Dedede...

Thanks! I ordered sonic, I guess they'll ship starting the 28th? I appreciate it. Now I'm just looking for Dedede...

It says "February 28th", but I was able to do an in-store pickup TODAY. I noticed that their Bowser, Toon Link, and Sheik also say February 28th, but they've had them in for a couple of weeks at least.

I can't say FOR SURE, but I think they'll probably ship out before then.

Kilau

Gold Member
Hit the little "Quote" link next to my original post and you'll see it in between the EMAIL tags.

Also just sent you a PM with the link to Fox. Looks like Mega Man is gone so GO GO GO!!!

Thank you for the link, I got a Fox order in.

Comments on the nowinstock page just posted the link and the site is dead lol.

That poor store is probably going crazy right now.

Is there any guide on using Tenso, or at least tips on what shipping method people use and what the cost comes out for 3 Amiibos shipped to NY from that site.

It really depends on what you end up choosing once Tenso actually gets your items. Shipping from Yodobashi to Tenso will be free. Tenso will offer you a number of choices to get the items to you once they arrive, from long 2-3 week shipping to next/2 day. Prices will be all over the place.

That said, all 6 of Wave 4 amiibos was US $61.45 for me, thats less than US retail due to our current exchange rate. Shipping on top of this won't be bad at all.

georly

My bestbuy had 8, about 10 people in line. not bad. I preordered online, so i wasn't going to get one, but i was there for kirby.

Ultimadrago

After reading today's stories I'm really glad I just imported Meta knight.

Same. I knew it would get ugly. At least there's Rosalina day to look back on fondly. I really hope no more of the Amiibo I want are exclusives.

My bestbuy had 8, about 10 people in line. not bad. I preordered online, so i wasn't going to get one, but i was there for kirby.

Totally going in to get Rainbow Curse today

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I thought about going to GameStop and Best Buy this morning for Mega Man....

But in the end, I don't care that much.. I'll stroll in later this afternoon to see if they have any.
they wont

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom