• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibos up for preorder

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Imagine this!

47 characters Amiibo
46 Kirby Amibbo (That's right! EVERY KIRBY FIGURE WOULD COME WITH A CHARACTER HAT)
6 Alt Characters Amiibo (Male Wii Fit Trainer, Animal Crossers, Classic Wario)

The figures look like kids meal giveaways. But I'll probably still buy a few....blah.

You need to take a closer look at them. And also take a look at happy meal toys again lol.

Imagine this!

47 characters Amiibo
46 Kirby Amibbo (That's right! EVERY KIRBY FIGURE WOULD COME WITH A CHARACTER HAT)
6 Alt Characters Amiibo (Male Wii Fit Trainer, Animal Crossers, Classic Wario)

Oh god don't give them ideas! Actually, I was thinking they could always do variants and such with these. Skylanders has quite a few of them (both Chase figures and Alt Deco figures) and DI has crystal ones. Just as long as they don't stick em with one retailer, aka "Toys R Us Exclusive Fire Mario!"

Im still hoping the price over here will be about $9.99. That'd be perfect for me, but I guess the range they were saying would be ok. Maybe $13.99 would be pushing it.

Kinda wish they weren't all based off the smash bros designs.
If they were based off the Brawl designs, I'd totally agree with you, but I love the art direction of Smash WiiU/3DS. I think they've nailed pretty much every character so far.

But I'm sure there will be more lines down the road. Especially for the more mainstream characters.

Ugh, no I don't. They look cheap as hell. They are boring and generic. They very well could be happy meal toys.
Do you eat at the secret, expensive LeBron James McDonalds?

Ugh, no I don't. They look cheap as hell. They are boring and generic. They very well could be happy meal toys.
If the casting and painting is anywhere near the level of the E3 display you're nuts. I have Nintendo happy meal toys, and they sure as hell don't look anything like that.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
How much did Skylander and Infinity figures debut at?

Blues1990

I'm honestly surprised that there's not a Zero Suit Samus figure.

Probably 2nd wave or something.

There are a number of characters that aren't available in the first wave, so it's inevitable that a second wave of SSBU/SSB3DS Amiibo's are in the planning stage.

I really hope they bring out some bundles too. Since I'm planning on buying a bunch (read: all), I would like to see some discounts for purchasing multiple Amiibos at a time.

AniHawk

ibbIaFKZvzpSJ9.JPG

iRNYNQUAM0Zuu.JPG

some pictures i took at e3

mario happy meal toys

When I was a kid the toys I liked the least were the static "action pose" figures like these.

No opposablility, stuck to a round base plate, and the pose they are in is either something generic and boring, or in the middle of an action that makes it a weird toy to play with.

I get that the hook of these is for their game compatibility, but as a fun toy for a kid to play with, I'd rather have spent that $15 (or however much they'll cost) on a cool Transformer /Beast Wars toy or saved up the cost of two of these figures and gotten a whole new GBA game.

Jomjom

Banned
When I was a kid the toys I liked the least were the static "action pose" figures like these.

No opposablility, stuck to a round base plate, and the pose they are in is either something generic and boring, or in the middle of an action that makes it a weird toy to play with.

I get that the hook of these is for their game compatibility, but as a fun toy for a kid to play with, I'd rather have spent that $15 (or however much they'll cost) on a cool Transformer /Beast Wars toy or saved up the cost of two of these figures and gotten a whole new GBA game.

These are not action figures. They are just statuettes for you to display.

These are not action figures. They are just statuettes for you to display.
Exactly, and when I was a kid I had no interest in buying or playing with toys like that. I feel like these might sell a lot better as actual fun toys kids would want to play with instead of statuettes that a collector would want. That's an area where I think they could actually set themselves apart from SKylanders, since those are basically just statuettes too.

I'm kinda surprised LEGO hasn't jumped into this area of game/toy hybrid market yet. They already come out with one or more games a year and have the toys already. Just put chips in some special blocks or minifigures and have them sync with some of the games they come out with. I'm sure that could be a marketing nightmare though, especially with so many licenses. I doubt you could put your Darth Vader in the Batman game or something, but it'd be a cool implementation to see.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I would buy the Villager and Link from this lineup i think.

Busaiku

Aren't Skylanders like $20 for 3 packs?
This is way too high.

Of course, I'd buy them, but I'm not the audience they want.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Guys, exchange never represents a good way to guess US prices, starting from UK ones. Otherwise, The Last of Us Remaster US price would be over 71$.

Plus, it seems it's a placeholder.

elektrixx

Banned
I hope someone hacks or mods these things so they don't take up so much damn room. These are impractical and go against the goal of my disc-free present and future.

Top Bottom