• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amplitude 2015 [OT] Rock The Disco Tech

Russ T

Banned
DLC when. ):

Man I just can't reliably get three bars on Digital Paralysis, and I need it to unlock the super hard mode. Either that or Dalatecht, which is one of my favorite songs and it pains me that I can't even reliably get TWO bars, let alone three. ):

I'm really bummed that there's a song forever locked out to me because I didn't back the KS. ):

FyreWulff

DLC when. ):

Man I just can't reliably get three bars on Digital Paralysis, and I need it to unlock the super hard mode. Either that or Dalatecht, which is one of my favorite songs and it pains me that I can't even reliably get TWO bars, let alone three. ):

I'm really bummed that there's a song forever locked out to me because I didn't back the KS. ):

I basically just learned to at least 2 bar Digital and then 2 bar Dalatecht to get Super.

Cfs62LiUEAACANN.jpg:large

And yeah, I wish there was some way to get the exclusive song.

Russ T

Banned
I basically just learned to at least 2 bar Digital and then 2 bar Dalatecht to get Super.

Cfs62LiUEAACANN.jpg:large

And yeah, I wish there was some way to get the exclusive song.

Yeah that's probably what I should do. I think I can get 2 bars fairly frequently on Digital. It's a hard one, though, dang.

cj_iwakura

Really? So there's a chance?

Thought they already "decided." Sounds like they are deciding again?

They'd be crazy not to. For one, it's an extremely thin release, and for another, there is a TON of money to be made off the Amplitude fan base.

Even if wasn't that successful, that's all the more reason to do DLC. Those who love Amplitude will go all in for good DLC, myself included.

Rainer70

They'd be crazy not to. For one, it's an extremely thin release, and for another, there is a TON of money to be made off the Amplitude fan base.

Even if wasn't that successful, that's all the more reason to do DLC. Those who love Amplitude will go all in for good DLC, myself included.

Same here. The Amplitude community is a dedicated base, clamoring for a sequel since 2003? Will buy any and all DLC.

Rated-G

Rock Band 4 just got Dope Nose by Weezer, maybe they could add the song to Anplitude as well as a nod to the original game.

I'd also love to see some more Freezepop. Science Genius Girl and Sprøde would be cool.

kgtrep

I'd support DLCs too. Wish I had more tracks to play for fun to offset the frustration from mastering the main tracks on expert.

cj_iwakura

Any interest in getting some score battles going? Thinking of starting with my favorite song, I.C.U.. Also, having to redo the campaign to get the unlocks I missed is kind of ridiculous.

Any interest in getting some score battles going? Thinking of starting with my favorite song, I.C.U.. Also, having to redo the campaign to get the unlocks I missed is kind of ridiculous.

It is, truly. I'm glad I found out now while I'm still new to the game. Gonna restart my campaign.

Forgot it was cross-buy. Got mine as well. Works out since I moved my PS3 with all my music equipment and have turned it into a sort of rhythm/music game station. Pro-drums and pro-keys on RB3 is pretty good.

Aselith

Got some nice support, HALP:

Harmonix support said:
If your code isn’t working or you didn't receive your code, please send us a message on Kickstarter and we’ll help you out there."

Kickstarter said:
If you’ve checked your BackerKit account and still don’t have your PlayStation 3 code (or any of your game codes, for that matter), please contact our Harmonix Customer Support team! They’ll be sure to get you sorted with the codes you should have.

Aselith

Yaaaaaay. The gear is looking great

and lol I wonder if they updated because they saw this thread

Not entirely positive this happened but I sent a PM to a Harmonix employee on Gaf about my PS3 code and he responded this morning and the update came out this afternoon so I think maybe he had a talk with someone.

cj_iwakura

Did another campaign run(and got my first gold score). The unlocks are good songs, but they don't feel right for Amplitude at all. Whoever was the project lead didn't seem to understand the core of the series, they just wanted to do this weird neurological story experiment and put Amplitude note charts to the result.

Even the psuedo-British narrator is out of place. Bring back Akrobatik, dang it. The Freezepop track isn't even that fun, the Transistor track is far from the best song on the OST they could've used(We All Become, anyone?), did they just throw darts at a list? We All Become would've been tough as hell.

The best songs are almost all in the second part of the campaign(which is funny because it was the third area in Freq/Amp that had the best tracks).

Maybe some high-end DLC could fix the damage, but I'm not holding my breath.

Russ T

Banned
Well I loved previous games' music and I love this game's music. It's all good! :3

We do need DLC, but there's no damage to fix! Besides "not enough content".

Man do I need DLC.

Where is my DLC? ):

My poster's arrived! It's quite nice, just a shame that I don't have anywhere to put it. PS2 case is on the way too.

So overall, I'm happy with my first kickstarter backing, and my first Amplitude game. The game didn't quite reach the scope that any of us were expecting, but it's still quite enjoyable.

cj_iwakura

I finished all the songs(still haven't unlocked Komputer Kontroller's yet though), and my favorites are easily I.C.U., Decode Me, Unfinished Business, and the Necrodancer track(even if it was a weak pick from a great OST). How do you unlock the hardest difficulty?

Russ T

Banned
I finished all the songs(still haven't unlocked Komputer Kontroller's yet though), and my favorites are easily I.C.U., Decode Me, Unfinished Business, and the Necrodancer track(even if it was a weak pick from a great OST). How do you unlock the hardest difficulty?

Unlock/beat all the hidden songs on the second-hardest difficulty, in one playthrough. Pretty sure. I haven't done it yet. ): ):

Been in the mood to go back to this recently and noticed someone on my friends list had a higher overall score than me so I have been working my way through songs improving my scores. Managed to surpass them and in the top 4% globally (just over 3.3k place) which I'm pretty happy about.

Also managed to get a top 2% score on Wetware on expert mode, had a couple of slip ups but managed to save them with one unbelievable save going into the next section.
https://youtu.be/qy4lQ50FDUI

Top Bottom