• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

an irascible History of Five Immigrant Families

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amir0x

Banned
I come from a long proud line of Coals with a hint of Pearl in us. We got good hair.

lol

I always rented the fox and the hound, it reminded me of me and my brother...and it made me cry like a bitch

That one was OK, but I don't think it was on our movie rental kid rotation. Other films that was always on there was Goonies of course, Indiana Jones and Secrets of Nimh

iUpKRK518QU6e.gif

Claude

Catalina's bitch
Thanks for the name change, bish!

Edit: Oh god. What do I do in these threads? It's my first one, please be gentle.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
There once lived a family of immigrants from the land of Austria. They settled in England and all hell broke loose.

That family consisted of Jecht the eldest son, Joan the eldest daughter, and Jark the family father.

One day Jecht decided to play volleyball and began searching for a ball that would suit his needs at the local Sports Direct warehouse in his area. Upon recounting his plight for fun to his other sides, Jecht was met with a customer service clerk who was curious as to why the boy was mumbling to himself. To say the least, the customer service clerk then asked Jecht if he could be of service to which the boy responded 'yes'. Jecht began talking about all the good times he envisioned with the highly sought after ball he'd been looking for on this pleasant afternoon. The clerk cut Jecht off and told him what he really needed was a beach volleyball... The boy couldn't figure out why he would enjoy playing with a rudimentary spherical design with colors fit for elementary school children. Nonetheless, it was cheaper, and Jecht's family was fresh off the boat. In the end, Jecht listened to the clerk and purchased the oddly shaped ball for 2 pounds. He subsequently made his way to the beach. A short while after, Jecht stumbles, loses his footing, and his orientation. Jecht felt something come over him, a brief loss of consciousness; he decided to collect himself, and before he knew it, he'd found his person in a desolate part of town. Unphased the teenage boy decided to inquire about his current whereabouts and how he could get to the sunshine-filled paradise that is the beach. Fortunately, Jecht noticed a stranger in a red and enclosed phonebooth, he waited until the woman done talking to fill her in on his global positioning dilemma.

She hung the phone on the hook, the conversation was over now it was his chance, he uttered: ''excuse me, do you where is the bitch?'', oh how his verbal skills betrayed him as he had just cursed in broken English. He realized this and turned around, wondering if the tall blond lady had heard his potty mouth. After just a few feet, he heard the following: ''Wait, I know where she is, follow me!''. ''She, huh?'' that woman talks like my father. Jecht wanted to ask her if she was an immigrant too, alas his chance to pose such a question had passed. Jecht began to hear the sound of waves as the mysterious woman guided him through town. The tall blond lass lead him to a warehouse in disrepair, as she unlocked the steel door, he noticed a girl hanging from a crane, slowly being lowered into the water from the ocean. The woman told him to do with her as he liked, and she then vanished. Something clicked in Jecht's mind, he then yelled: ''wait a minute, this not beach?!'', the girl then awoke from her slumber and asked Jecht if he was there to finish her off, he responded in anger by saying he was not Finnish at all. Clearly, there was a language barrier preventing Jecht from getting the gist of what the blue-haired girl was saying. The young lady then realized her new acquaintance was not the sharpest tool in the shed and couldn't be the hired help that would sink her, for good. She requested assistance from the young man, to which Jecht casually responded: ''No, I don't want no treble!'', and left her for dead, the end.

Just kidding, he did help her out, unfortunately Jecht wasn't trained in crane operation, so he accidentally dropped the girl into water. Only the girl, who's name is not yet known, could not swim. She yelled for help, but then Jecht remembered of the beach volleyball he had purchased for his trip to the beach. Without a second thought, he pulled the ball out of his bag and launched it into the deep section of the warehouse, he then watched her flail around like a carp and finally cling to the ball. Jecht had just saved a life, a feeling like no other just came over him, a feeling that transcends language. And only God knows what happened next.[work in progress]

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Speaking of immigrants, my father was telling us this story about one of our supposed long distant ancestors. He was apparently rather high up in the court in China, but was also from the western part of China when Islam was spreading through central Asia. At some point he had a choice to make, between staying Muslim or staying in the court and eating pork. I'm glad of the choice he made.

eastmen

Banned
lol

That one was OK, but I don't think it was on our movie rental kid rotation. Other films that was always on there was Goonies of course, Indiana Jones and Secrets of Nimh

Fox and the hound was really sad. Goonies of course was amazing and my friend and I waited years to see the octopus scene.

I'd watch david the gnome whenever I got sick and of course some vhs tapes of other movies My sister allways said I was spoiled since we got a vhs player / camera (those days you'd need the vhs player to attach it to the camera to record) I think we got it in 83 when I was 2. So I grew up with being able to watch movies at anytime. My sister was 5 years older than I was

Bombadil

Banned
So what about these five families

Dunno. I described one of them.

What does Bishop want, anyway?

Is he serious? Can we just post something about irascible families and get a tag?

My family are immigrants. My father was irascible. There's one.

Russel Crowe threw a phone at a guy. That's two.

Mel Gibson is an immigrant. That's three.

George Lopez once beat up Carlos Mencia for stealing his standup material. That's four.

The conquistadors killed a lot of people. That's five.

Booyah!

Az987

all good things
I guess my tag has something to do with Fievel Goes West...

Or maybe its because Bish thinks I'm as handsome as Ryan Gosling who was in a movie called All Good things. Im going with that one. You're hot too, bro.

Bombadil

Banned
I guess my tag has something to do with Fievel Goes West...

Or maybe its because Bish thinks I'm as handsome as Ryan Gosling who was in a movie called All Good things. Im going with that one. You're hot too, bro.

Ryan Gosling's eyes are too close together. And his head is oddly shaped, like that one basketball no one wanted to be stuck with during gym.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom