• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Analogue Pocket. GBA, GBC, GB, Lynx, & More, 1440P Screen. HDMI-output with dock. $199, Launching May 2021.

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
Yeah, GameBoy games will be completely dated by then.
giphy.gif

Impotaku

What's the point of these review videos when these are limited productions, sold out and can't get one? Just rubbing it in?
Because while they are shilling it on youtube it gets people to give analogue the money for a year before any chance of seeing one delivered.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: TLZ

Chittagong

Gold Member
Got my order in. Finally I will get to play Mother 3!!

Spent way too much time on refreshing the front page to see the preorder button, instead it was already on the product page. And wasted some time with Apple Pay, not realising it had gone through. But hopefully I will still get in a decent spot in the queue.

Nice touch having the captcha code thing, hope it will weed out some of the bots.

Max_Po

Banned
shit.... can't pull the trigger... I got a MiSTER FPGA and the screen is gorgeous the size looks SMALL..

can't waste 400+ US on a paper weight...(unit + screen protector + dock + international shipping)

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful

Rival

Gold Member
I was tempted but will save my money to try to score a duo. I barely have any old game boy games anyways and not inclined to start collecting.

it’s a really cool device though.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful

ReBurn

Gold Member
But at least these will be constantly in production. The pocket afaik is limited.
There probably aren't a ton of people with a physical retro collection worth getting one of these for. Probably most people are going to go for a Chinese retro handheld and just play games from an SD card.

• Thoughtful

TLZ

Banned
shit.... can't pull the trigger... I got a MiSTER FPGA and the screen is gorgeous the size looks SMALL..

can't waste 400+ US on a paper weight...(unit + screen protector + dock + international shipping)
I was in two minds and about to pull the trigger at au$310, but that extra au$130 just for shipping pushing it way over the edge to au$440 is ridiculous.

Not paying that much just for that nice screen. :(

Huh. What's the better overall value proposition if I want access to more cores (with all said and done including jailbreaks)? Pocket or MiSTer?

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Our review of the Analogue Pocket is here! Is this portable system truly the Ultimate Game Boy? Find out in our review that discusses tech specs, screen quality, battery life, build quality, Sega Game Gear adapter. and most importantly, how well do the games actually play?! All this and more in our in-depth review of the Analogue Pocket featuring a ton of gameplay!

0:00 What is the Analogue Pocket?
1:15 Picture & Screen Quality
2:26 Pocket vs. Game Boy Screen Comparison
3:28 Old-School Filters
3:49 Playability
4:20 Save States!
4:38 Premium Feel + Button Feel
5:47 New Buttons, Headphone Port, & SD Card
6:55 Download NEW Game Boy Games via GB Studio
7:21 How are the speakers?
7:39 Dock Accessory + Controllers (And Super Game Boy Support?)
9:00 Battery Life
9:19 Wrap-Up & Verdict

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The Analogue Pocket Is The Ultimate GameBoy, GameBoy Color and GameBoy Advance! Powered by the Altera Cyclone V FPGA, A 3.5 Inch Screen with 10 Times the resolution of the Orginal GameBoy DMG and Stereo Speakers The Analogue Pocket has turned out to be an amazing Handheld and once we get a Jailbreak for the Pocket and are able to play Roms from an SD this will defiantly be a Must have handheld retro console!

Mato

Just got that dreadful email, I'm in group B, fucking bastards. I ordered about an hour and a half after orders opened. I wonder if they are secretively prioritizing heftier orders over leaner ones(I just got a Pocket, no peripherals). I plan to ask for a refund.

bender

What time is it?
Just got that dreadful email, I'm in group B, fucking bastards. I ordered about an hour and a half after orders opened. I wonder if they are secretively prioritizing heftier orders over leaner ones(I just got a Pocket, no peripherals). I plan to ask for a refund.

I ordered within a few minutes of pre-orders opening and am in group B as well. I ordered two units.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
I managed to get into Group A. I was straight on and was lucky to be able to checkout straight away.

I can't wait, the more I watch YouTube videos on the device the more excited I get.

Impotaku

That looks like the worst way to play those games, pacman vs you are passing the gba constantly between players as you get caught. Without those catches to latch onto that connection to keep it stable is gonna be pretty prone to connection loss. Not even mentioning how damn ugly that looks hanging out the bottom, i guess if thats all you have it's kind of doable but not what i'd choose.

When it comes to gba/gc link games i now use a gba micro & a modded link cable, perfect form factor for when linked.

Runs gba games perfect. Has a nice ips screen, and lovely form factor. 72 dollars with prime currently... also comes with all the games preloaded. Would make a nice gift..

does it run GBA without slowdown and does it scale the pixels evenly?
The Anbernic 351P/M has a screen that's the same 3:2 scale as the GBA screen except double the pixel count if you are looking for accurate pixels. From my experience it runs most GBA without slowdown, especially if flashed with custom OS and you know how to work your way around RetroArch. I picked one up early May after the Analogue Pocket was delayed the first time, its a solid portable device that emulates well up to PS1 games.

Gba games run flawless, snes games DO have slowdown, if thats your main reason to purchase dont get it, NES games run flawless, majority of cps,cps2, neogeo work and look flawless as well. Did I mention it comes preloaded... you dont have to tinker.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Ordered two pockets another dock, 4screen protectors and two more SMS adapters. Checked out at 10:03am CST and got Group B so I doubt it was based on order size.

I did pre order and receive my unit from the first wave in 2019 so they may have put me in group B because of that?

Last edited:
Top Bottom