• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anarchy Reigns(NA/EU) |OT| Sega, I wish I could hate you to de- *$30* I LOVE YOU SEGA

snkryo

I just bought the game a few days ago for $20 at gamestop an I played my first game of team ball and I got to say even though we lost and got our butts kicked it was fun.

I really should start looking online for strategies since everyone was doing shit I could not do.

Multiplayer is so much fun and it's a shame the already smallish community dwindled so quickly. Alas that is what happens when you have such terrible netcode and balance issues.

Roto13

No way. The multiplayer game looks insanely fun... First platinum game I ever played is godhand, going through all of their games atm. How long is the singleplayer?

Pretty meaty for a brawler.

You might be able to find one or two people on here to play online with.

Finally 100% the game, I enjoyed it very much. Good combat, nice soundtrack and characters. Only complain I have is that on missions that you have a PC ally the monsters and bosses seem to ignore them and only attack you, its a pain on the hard difficulty. Anyway, great game... thanks Platinum Games!

MEATfast

Banned
It's still easy to get into a game on PS3. I don't know about 360 though. I heard the 360 community is smaller than the PS3 one.

No. only purchase if you're interested in single player.

I was able to get a couple of matches going just the other day at primetime (8PM EST, PS3). Including a 8 person tag battle. I wouldn't say it is dead yet. The best MP modes are probably the 4 player variants - so it really doesn't take a ton of people to get a fun match going. The interface for online is a pain though and having split player and ranked match only makes it worse.

Proven

It's still easy to get into a game on PS3. I don't know about 360 though. I heard the 360 community is smaller than the PS3 one.

I'm glad that they forsaw the need to add bots, but I would like it for one game, released on a console, and including an online multiplayer mode, to design more around the fact that that multiplayer will be dead in a few months.

Platinum did something with the $30 cost, as it added a number of people who would have been on the fence towards the Day 1 ferver, but still.

khaaan

How do you guys do it? I gave up on Hard Mode. D:

If you're going through Jack's levels, spam his heavy attack. It catches enemies in a loop that they rarely break out of. Another easy way to get some damage in is to use weapons in the environment. Tires or a pole through the opponents head is a great way to keep them still and vulnerable. From there you can catch them in another heavy loop or use your special.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
How do you guys do it? I gave up on Hard Mode. D:

Rampage and items

Durga fight is the hardest encounter on hard and it's a joke if you just go to the nearest sign, rampage and just keep throwing it at him before fucking him up. Can probably do it without Rampage if you lure him away from it first as enemies just run straight at you to close large distances.(He might dodge out of the way though so wait for him to commit to a move first)

If you're ever having trouble just farm for the right items in free roam mode before the missions. but it's not really that difficult to where you need to.(unless you're going for platinums, which are made alot easier with items)

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Did anyone ever do the Gargoyle fight in single player with no deaths? How is that even possible?

If you're referring to the turret section there are a bunch of options you have for dealing with it:

• Rampage while on turret
  • bring shield item(s) into mission and pop them on while shooting
  • bring cloaking item(s) into mission and pop them while shooting(though it causes them to break formation and they become harder to hit)
  • just block and roll and wait for them to approach you and trigger the ground fight. turret is completely optional to begin with for that mission

the ground combat section after that is just the same as any really

Has anyone figured out the fast rank trick PlatinumGamesJP about (he said you can get to level 50 within 25 minutes)? Here's something else that mentions something similar:

http://answers.pubarticles.com/7494...in-anarchy-reigns-multiplayer-1357696596.html

Here is the guide to unlock all characters in Anarchy Reigns Multiplayer:

Durga, Douglas, Garuda and Big Bull are all before rank 10.

Upwards of rank 10, you get Rin Rin, Fei Rin and Ai Rin in this order. I think its 14, 16 and 18.

Max is 20 and Gargoyle is 22.

Theres a nice trick allowing you to get 7-8 ranks per match. It involves Baron.

RubyEclipse

Sega of America
I return with more Bayonetta unlock codes! As before, NA only and one-time use, so first to grab them get them. :)

PS3:

HM8Q-2ENG-TJ3A
5J7A-TBN4-ELJ8
CL2R-86N8-E2J9

X360:

XWMMH-QM2MV-MTJWJ-XQKQ6-F2M7Z
Q376H-GT4GK-GCDMV-7Y36C-J944Z
JMWJ6-3FJDR-HD929-46R3J-T2D9Z

Enjoy, anarchists!

emiliano

What a wonderful game is! It makes me want to buy a gold subscription to see what people can do with these great game mechanics. I hope to find enough people online here in Euroland...

Apoc87

Banned
Just making sure

Is every function of the online multiplayer available in offline simulator, since I don't have gold?

Also, if so, is there a random abilities and character select for the enemies, or do I have to do that manually? I want to just jump into a bot match quickly.

RubyEclipse

Sega of America
New week, two new NA PS3 codes for Bayonetta!

3HBB-KFNP-RG53
JLJT-FBNM-CNN8

First to use them get them. Enjoy! (For 360 players - totally haven't forgotten you, I'll be back later this week with a couple unlock codes for you guys too.)

RubyEclipse

Sega of America
As promised, 360 Bayonetta codes for the Xbox players:

JFYV7-WXXHJ-VDP6H-K9CJ9-KR3QZ
3GJC2-7KRTK-KTCGY-XVYCF-29DGZ

Gotta go fast!

Roto13

The PS3 codes were apparently gone within 40 minutes, but the 360 codes lasted five hours?

I guess one version of the game is more popular. :p

New week, two new NA PS3 codes for Bayonetta!

3HBB-KFNP-RG53
JLJT-FBNM-CNN8

First to use them get them. Enjoy! (For 360 players - totally haven't forgotten you, I'll be back later this week with a couple unlock codes for you guys too.)

I keep missing these.....can you say if there's ever going to be a way to buy Bayonetta? I would gladly pay a buck or two.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
u acutally dont have to complete the game four times.

just go Hard Black - White - Red then Normal White- Black - Red. then chapter select the other two chapters for the last achievements on hard

so basically do one playthrough on hard starting as one side, one playthrough on normal starting as the other side, then stage select the two remaining normal/hard complete the game stages (plus the one left out in stage 4) to get the two remaining achievements. instead of doing the game 4 times

kiyomi

I forgot about this, but if anyone in the EU wants a DLC code, I believe I have one to give away. You gotta have an EU PSN/EU copy of the game, though. Hit me up if you want it.

I forgot about this, but if anyone in the EU wants a DLC code, I believe I have one to give away. You gotta have an EU PSN/EU copy of the game, though. Hit me up if you want it.

very generous offer, but i need ntsc ps3. i'm sure someone will be along shortly to take it off your hands, though.

Top Bottom