• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Andrew Garfield is "The Amazing Spider-Man" (official title)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aparisi2274

AbsoluteZero said:
How's that broadway show coming along, by the way?

Well they are on v2.0 of the show from what I've heard. They fired the director, got rid of some of the cast, changed most of the storyline, and even changed some of the music.

This is one show I will not see....EVER! Unless someone hands me free tickets and says it's a comedy show

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
aparisi2274 said:
You know, with the amount of real stunt work being performed on this movie, I can't believe there hasn't been a serious accident.

Unlike Spider-Man Turn Off The Dark, they probably actually have real professionals working their rigs :p

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Extollere said:
Unlike Spider-Man Turn Off The Dark, they probably actually have real professionals working their rigs :p
Expendable, real professionals!

Anth0ny

Blader5489 said:
No, Sony still owns Spider-Man and Ghost Rider, and Fox still owns X-Men, Daredevil, and Fantastic Four. Everything else is now back under Marvel's umbrella and so they can start producing their own movies in-house (outside of the five I just mentioned).

Marvel sold the movie rights to all their properties to other studios back in the 90s, but most of those projects stalled in development hell, so the contracts expired and properties like Iron Man, Thor, Nick Fury, etc. reverted back to Marvel. Sony and Fox are the only exceptions because they keep putting new films out, which renews their contracts and allows them to hold onto their franchises.

So basically, Marvel will never get the rights back until Sony/Fox stops making those movies?

Which is never?

Damn it, I love the crossovers Marvel does with their properties. I'm hyped for Avengers. If they can get Spidey and X-Men back, shit would be god like. Civil War film? Hell yes.

Pachimari

From the filming yesterday. It's the "death of uncle Ben" scene:
http://i.imgur.com/FJD40.jpg

More of the same scene here:
http://www.onlocationvacations.com/...ng-pics-of-uncle-bens-death-scene/#more-24245

And a video of the scene:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7ufmve1V_k

Ben looking for Peter, the staff being frustrated at the audience:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxL8WUnTUS4

Peter sitting under a bridge:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rVWnv81bPs

Peter hearing a gun-shot, how it will look on screen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ0LVm8tIig

I don't think it's a spoiler as all us interested in Spidey knows the basics of his character and story - yet as of request, I have made the picture a link and added a spoiler tag. *rolls eyes*.

I'm still puzzled as to how we can get so much filming and photos out of the set, we never got so much material from the filming of the trilogy..?

Ulairi

Banned
Anth0ny said:
So basically, Marvel will never get the rights back until Sony/Fox stops making those movies?

Which is never?

Damn it, I love the crossovers Marvel does with their properties. I'm hyped for Avengers. If they can get Spidey and X-Men back, shit would be god like. Civil War film? Hell yes.

Or they can pay up and get them back.

NYR

aparisi2274 said:
You know, with the amount of real stunt work being performed on this movie, I can't believe there hasn't been a serious accident.
Stunt work happens all the time, there is a reason people make careers out of them. The difference here is everything is getting leaked so you are getting a view you're not supposed to, or are designed to be seen...

Davidion

Anastacio said:
From the filming yesterday. It's the
"death of uncle Ben"
scene.

Peter sitting under a bridge:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rVWnv81bPs

LOL, that's my train station. My hood's been lit up like a christmas tree for the past couple of days with them shooting these scenes.

That's one dingy ass alley way they're shooting the death scene in. Martin Sheen better have been paid a whole crap load to lie in there like that.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Anth0ny said:

Which is never?

I'm not ENTIRELY sure, but it's not impossible for the three studios to come to a mutual beneficial agreement which will result in a X-Men, Spider-Man, Avengers, Fantastic Four crossover-movie. The HALO-movie had two studios working together to cough up the dough, why wouldn't Sony, Fox and Disney come a similar agreement?

nemesun

neorej said:
I'm not ENTIRELY sure, but it's not impossible for the three studios to come to a mutual beneficial agreement which will result in a X-Men, Spider-Man, Avengers, Fantastic Four crossover-movie. The HALO-movie had two studios working together to cough up the dough, why wouldn't Sony, Fox and Disney come a similar agreement?
Because then they'll have to share the spoils 50/50? Sony/Fox will never agree to share their cash cow with anyone. Warner right now trying to wiggle themselves out of 50/50 contract with Legendary Pictures.

That's odd. Last year it was said that the budget would be in the $80 million range. And from the filming that's what it looks like. I seriously doubt the $220 mn figure.

Salvor.Hardin said:
That's odd. Last year it was said that the budget would be in the $80 million range. And from the filming that's what it looks like. I seriously doubt the $220 mn figure.
Agreed, $220 million is like what Batman 3 will cost.

neorej said:
I'd love to see someone write a screenplay for all those characters for a 3 hour movie that didn't cost 400 million dollars. Logistically impossible unless you loaded the cast with nobodies and/or centered it on one team.

M.D

I thought this sounds crazy as well, but according to Wikipedia these are the budgets for the first film series

Spider-Man - $140 million
Spider-Man 2 - $200 million
Spider-Man 3 - $258 million

According to Wikipedia Avatar budget is $237 million
I'm sure at one point I read that Avatar had the highest movie budget of all time so that must have been a mistake or wiki figures are wrong..

B.K.

M.D said:
I'm sure at one point I read that Avatar had the highest movie budget of all time so that must have been a mistake or wiki figures are wrong..

I believe people that say that count all the years of R&D that went into the development of the movie. Supposedly, the budget is close to $500million if you count all the time and money they put into all the motion and facial capture technology.

jett said:
Sounds like your average summer blockbuster to me. People really thought it was gonna cost 80? lolz.
But that was one of the reasons not to do a direct sequel to SM3. New director, new lead actor, lower costs.

jett

D-Member
brotkasten said:
But that was one of the reasons not to do a direct sequel to SM3. New director, new lead actor, lower costs.

But it is lower than SM3, and is assuredly much lower than what a Rami-directed SM4 would have cost. A movie of this type costing 80mill is ridiculous.

Dead

well not really...yet
Another person brings up a figure of 200 Mil

http://www.craveonline.com/film/int...on-being-the-worlds-greatest-stuntman?start=3

And we got great stunt people there who do parkour, who do skateboarding, and they were teaching Andrew Garfield certain elements of that. And certain elements you wouldn’t miss him doing. You know, $200 million is resting on his shoulders, so it would be totally impractical to put him in every situation but he’s in as many situations as we’ll allow him to be.

B.K.

Messypandas said:
not surprising. this is shooting on location in New York right? That shit cost clams, yo

It's not being filmed entirely in New York. They did quite a bit of filming in Los Angeles.

M.D

FAKE Logo and Poster

amazingspiderman-tsrscaleposter560.jpg

PHdLMEIPYZqqie_1_m.jpg

Edit: Sorry, I thought those were real.

Dany

Banned
1. The lack of the spiderman font is really really weird

2. I thought the entire point of making this a reboot was to make it for cheaper with sam raimi and actors quiting?

Replicant

PhoncipleBone said:
Official, sadly. Well, the Marvel Studios thing is pretty suspect. As is the "in July" part.

WAT WAT WAT?

No way. Don't tell me Sony has hired the same incompetent designer who did the X-Men: First Class posters. *Shudder*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom