• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Andrew Garfield is "The Amazing Spider-Man" (official title)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

PhoncipleBone said:
Official, sadly. Well, the Marvel Studios thing is pretty suspect. As is the "in July" part.

not a marvel studios movie

posters are hardly recognizable as part of the Spiderman brand

fake as bigfoot

Replicant said:
WAT WAT WAT?

No way. Don't tell me Sony has hired the same incompetent designer who did the X-Men: First Class posters. *Shudder*

It first showed up on Total Film, then AICN ran it. But there is so much wrong with the poster.

The Marvel Studios part. The "in July 3" part.

I really want that to be fake, because it is really horrible.

xxracerxx said:
The fuck are you talking about?
Just echoing where the posters first turned up which said it was probably official. There is more on the poster to say it is fake than the sites in question can claim makes it legit.

I didn't look close enough after seeing it claimed as official on the sites, and admitted my mistake. Calm the hell down people.

zomgbbqftw said:
$220m for production and promotion. I thought it would be more tbh, SPE are doing this on the cheap...

None of that $220m would be marketing, sorry.

But TDKR has already been said to have $250m budget. Wasn't SM3 $300m, with Pirates 3 being $330m?

Replicant

PhoncipleBone said:
I didn't look close enough after seeing it claimed as official on the sites, and admitted my mistake. Calm the hell down people.

Nonsense! We want your head on a platter!!!
I'm not kidding. Go on, chop chop!

Blader

BattleMonkey said:
People think the movie is going to be filled with real stunt work and not tons of CG spider flipping and swinging? lol

But... it is filled with tons of real stunt work. We've seen a lot of it already.

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
big ander said:
I don't even see what the fake poster is. Just the barely-visible outside of his suit?

Fake, but just brightened it a bit.
fakespidermanposter.jpg

Blader

One of the VFX artists let it slip that a teaser for Amazing Spider-Man will be attached to Transformers 3.

Nizz

Blader5489 said:
One of the VFX artists let it slip that a teaser for Amazing Spider-Man will be attached to Transformers 3.
Awesome! Spiderman's my favorite superhero ever. Hope it delivers.

Salsa

much better than the PS3 font

lol @ SPIDERMAN MERCHANDISING being so big

that said, i was hoping for something more reminiscent of the actual Amazing Spiderman logo.

SalsaShark said:
much better than the PS3 font

lol @ SPIDERMAN MERCHANDISING being so big

that said, i was hoping for something more reminescent of the actual Amazing Spiderman logo.

It's for a licensing show that happens every year. Hopefully that Merchandising logo won't be on the final poster.

Oh shit I'm going to create a new thread on the gaming side.

THE AMAZING PLAYSTATION 4 FONT REVEALED.
Solo said:
Exactly - its the Spidey font, not the other way around.
Everybody calls it the spiderman font anyway, I think he was just saying PS4 font to make the obvious joke.

I don't love the new font, but I also don't really give a shit about how it looks. I feel like there isn't much correlation between that and the movie itself.

I use to love that Spidey drawing when I was young but I think it's terrible now. Look at his hands and eyes are all wrong.

Send it back please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom