• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

3phemeral

What's the deal with wallpaper resizing? I looked up the Flyers' resolution and got to work in Photoshop creating wallpapers. Problem is the tablet wants to resize the images to a square. Is there a way to set wallpaper as is?

I did the same thing. Made a wallpaper to exact resolution size of my GNex and it wanted me to crop it.

But then I realized I could use Multi-live wallpaper and set it to display the entire image with no edits and all was well.

3phemeral

I couldn't hold out waiting for the next update on my GNex after seeing all those nice ROMs on XDA. If it comes out soon-ish, can't say I wouldn't be disappointed, but I'm assuming it will be integrated into these custom ROMs eventually (I hope).

sangreal

What's the deal with wallpaper resizing? I looked up the Flyers' resolution and got to work in Photoshop creating wallpapers. Problem is the tablet wants to resize the images to a square. Is there a way to set wallpaper as is?

Yeah, this is really annoying. I guess it is so the wallpaper works in both directions

jokkir

For anyone who tried 4.0.4 already: how does it compare to 4.0.3? What noticeable differences do you see? I'm thinking of going back to stock rom but idk if I should especially since I'm using a pretty good and fast custom rom.

DXPett1

Interesting timing by Google given the rise in complaints about the Nexus series and general state of ICS.

Not complaining though. Time to spam the update key combo on my GSM Nexus

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I've been using Feedly now for well over a year... maybe even a year and a half and I will never go back. You checked that one out?

Nope but I will now.
3AQmK.gif

I think I've used Feedly on PC. Sounds familiar.

Interesting timing by Google given the rise in complaints about the Nexus series and general state of ICS.

Why would you be spamming the update key on your GSM GN? They specifically made a point to say it's not coming to the device yet.

Futureman

interesting timing WHAT?

it's just an update. Like... it was in development whether people were complaining about ICS or not.

jokkir

Wait, people were complaining about ICS?

Also, do you think there will be a new Nexus phone by years end? I'm thinking of getting the Galaxy Nexus but if there's a new one coming out soon, I might as well just wait for that. Or get the S3 but idk, I prefer the stock android.

tfur

Why would you be spamming the update key on your GSM GN? They specifically made a point to say it's not coming to the device yet.

Its either GSM/HSPA or CDMA/LTE. I believe this mentions that it is coming to the GSM/HSPA version. Unless I misread.

gcubed

Its either GSM/HSPA or CDMA/LTE. I believe this mentions that it is coming to the GSM/HSPA version. Unless I misread.

yes, it is releasing to the GSM version now, but its usually a very slow inital roll out. I would expect full by next week

Cipherr

And very convincingly on both ends too. The real world GPU tests will need some time, and more equally optimized games for the benefit on the new pad to show, but its clearly superior. Same thing for the CPU of the Tegra however, its very clearly superior.

This quote from the review really killed me:

I have to admit, I owe NVIDIA an apology here. While I still believe that quad-cores are mostly unnecessary for current smartphone/tablet workloads, iPhoto is a very tangible example of where Apple could have benefitted from having four CPU cores on A5X. Even an increase in CPU frequency would have helped. In this case, Apple had much bigger fish to fry: figuring out how to drive all 3.1M pixels on the Retina Display.

Even motherfucking Anand were pushing that "Who needs quad core" bullshit? For shame. Should have more foresight than that.

Peace Tea

Anyone familiar with Senseless roms?

I'm with Verizon and looking to buy a Tuna within the next week. But if a Senseless ICS rom on the HTC One can provide a nearly equal user experience as Tuna's skinless ICS, I'd rather wait till mid April for the HTC One's release (assuming a Senseless rom is released 4-or-so weeks after the HTC One).

Looking for any kind of insight on this. I have zero experience with Senseless roms.

leadbelly

Banned
Nvidia is about to get Qualcomm'd in the CPU department as well once Krait devices ship.

The first Krait devices will only have a current gen GPU. I'm not sure how much it really matters though as I don't know what use a more powerful GPU will be. Tegra has the added benefit of having developers optimising their games specifically for the Tegra chipset.

tokkun

I'm with Verizon and looking to buy a Tuna within the next week. But if a Senseless ICS rom on the HTC One can provide a nearly equal user experience as Tuna's skinless ICS, I'd rather wait till mid April for the HTC One's release (assuming a Senseless rom is released 4-or-so weeks after the HTC One).

Looking for any kind of insight on this. I have zero experience with Senseless roms.

CyanogenMod on the Evo works just fine. The main advantage of going with a Google device is longer support with new updates, though recently it seems like even CDMA Google devices are getting 2nd-class treatment.

Husker86

The GN is my first non-HTC Android phone. In my experience it takes quite a while for Senseless ROMs to come out.

Anyone have any ideas as to why my Droid Charge will NOT publish photos to my Facebook page? I can send pics zero problem via message attachments to folks I'm chatting with via simple contact messaging, but if I try to publish it, it errors out.

thespot84

Anyone have any ideas as to why my Droid Charge will NOT publish photos to my Facebook page? I can send pics zero problem via message attachments to folks I'm chatting with via simple contact messaging, but if I try to publish it, it errors out.
have you tried the web app? their android app has always sucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom