• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshiya

The pedometer stuff is funny, because in the first few months of Google Now, you'd get a card with all the miles you traveled during the month. Then it suddenly disappeared.

http://i.imgur.com/p5CaMnX.png[IMG]

What happened to it?[/QUOTE]
is that additive? i think i walked five miles [I]today[/I].

edit: a little over nine actually.

Blackhead

Redarse
My biggest hope for KK is that it allows my Nexus 10 to go more than two hours without rebooting.

I bet the Nexus 10 is released after the Nexus 5. It won't be simultaneous.

Can't believe you still have that haha. I've been really cautious about picking up products at launch these days; so many well reviewed yet really buggy stuff hitting the market (e.g Nexus 10, iPhone 5s, Macbooks etc)

I want it to happen, just so you guys can finally talk about something else. It's so damn boring in here. And where the hell is Coco anyway?!

Groof

I want it to happen, just so you guys can finally talk about something else. It's so damn boring in here. And where the hell is Coco anyway?!
As soon as 4.4 hits there will be some group fapping for a bit, and then immediately someone will spark up a stock vs touchwiz/sense debate.

SimleuqiR

As soon as 4.4 hits there will be some group fapping for a bit, and then immediately someone will spark up a stock vs touchwiz/sense debate.

If rumors are true, Kitkat will allow OEMs to pack in even more bloatware (since it will have a smaller footprint) on to low end phones.

Samsung is gonna Samsung.

Zeppu

L5TrTNU.jpg

https://twitter.com/le3ky/status/395907465599918082/photo/1

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Can't decide which situation is more ridiculous, this N5 leakgate, or the N4 getting a review like a week before announcement.

It's funny how the bottom bezel is bigger than the bezel at the top and yet it still wastes screen real estate on some stupid software buttons that add nothing to the experience. Google is just so silly sometimes.

gcubed

I always had them on (to stalk myself on Latitude) and I honestly only got it one time and then never again. Really weird. Speaking of Latitude, what's the replacement for location stalking like that now?

Like everything else google, its G+. There is a G+ locations piece... and like everything else google switches, its not as simple, but it does give you better control of sharing your location. I still use it with my wife, and then they have the commute sharing thing which is cool, it alerts someone when I'm on my way home from work.

Also brot, then walking/biking stuff shows up on the first of every month (still does)

Shambles

Like everything else google, its G+. There is a G+ locations piece... and like everything else google switches, its not as simple, but it does give you better control of sharing your location. I still use it with my wife, and then they have the commute sharing thing which is cool, it alerts someone when I'm on my way home from work.

Is there any way to actually make locations useful instead of just showing you where people were 20 minutes or 2 hours ago?

gcubed

Is there any way to actually make locations useful instead of just showing you where people were 20 minutes or 2 hours ago?

not really, it all depends on when they use their phone. I normally don't see locations hours old unless they haven't moved in a long time... but there is a lot of 15-20 minutes ago. The best you get is when the person you are looking it is using maps on their phone, then its really accurate. With the new Hangouts they are stealing from Apple and doing a "Here I am" button which was sorely needed.

The Nexus 5 And KitKat Launch Today, October 31st

After speaking with no less than five different sources with knowledge of the matter, I am ready to confirm that the LG-made Nexus 5 should be unveiled later on today, along with Android 4.4 KitKat, additional details of which were leaked last night by former WSJ reporter Amir Efrati.

It's also likely we'll get the 4.4 SDK drop and see a major Wallet announcement, which aligns with the information in Efrati's documents and earlier sleuthing by Geek.com.

I'm hearing the embargo is officially lifting at 11am Pacific, but the announcement and possible Play Store availability could come earlier, so I wouldn't leave anywhere starting right about now.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Anyone?
Made sure my info and CC was up to date so I can breeze though Play Store checkout.

Dumb questions:
In your opinion would one need a screen protector for a phone with Gorilla Glass 3? (I carry my phone with pens). And if so, which would you recommend?
I want a case that has a rotating and ratcheting mechanism in the middle of it so I can change the angles it rests at both landscape and portrait. What is this called (GoogleFu failed me)

Zeppu

What are the odds that amazon (UK) will actually have this phone at the same price?

Cause amazon UK sends directly to Malta but the play store doesn't so I'll have to user a fail forwarding service which tends to have packages disappear for 2-3 weeks sometimes.

jokkir

Anyone know of an app that automatically backs up your photos and stuff to your computer once you plug it in?

I know of Tunedroid but I lost my pro account

Zeppu

Anyone know of an app that automatically backs up your photos and stuff to your computer once you plug it in?

I know of Tunedroid but I lost my pro account

Dropbox for photos. Autobackup like with G+ but they also pop up on your PC if you have dropbox installed ;)

Well then, looks like today really is the day.

So, did anyone guess Halloween as the KitKat and Nexus 5 announce date? It makes perfect sense when you think about it, plus it's a genius marketing move when you consider Halloween is probably the single most day for candy sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom