• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT4| I/O Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.

yogloo

i love how everyone tried to copy the galaxy note, yet they all forgot the s pen...but basically all charge the same price.

if i'm ever going to buy a phablet, i'm going to get the one with the dope stylus, even if i only ever use it once, it will be nice to have.

You can use any pencil with a lot of the newer screens.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Not sure how reliable this website with rumors:

http://www.android.gs/nexus-6-concept/

LtNDbKz.png

I knew based Googy wouldn't abandon me.

Gwanatu T

Just found a deal. 299€ for a LGG2 16GB. Hmmmm! Makes yout think.

Where you find dat?

i love how everyone tried to copy the galaxy note, yet they all forgot the s pen...but basically all charge the same price.

if i'm ever going to buy a phablet, i'm going to get the one with the dope stylus, even if i only ever use it once, it will be nice to have.
I've been an avid Note fan since the beginning, but I'm finally at my breaking point with samsung. Having had this Note 3 from launch I'm getting more sick of it by the day. Camera is horribly inconsistent, can't take macro shots for shit, and it's slow as balls most of the time. Samsung software doesn't even need to be talked about. I'm downloading PACMan ROM now to see if it helps anything. God I can't wait for the OnePlus One.

Toki767

If the Nexus 6 does have a fingerprint scanner, I would at least expect the next version of Android to provide APIs for tying a fingerprint scan to any app's login. Not just unlocking a screen like on iPhones.

Husker86

Not sure how reliable this website with rumors:

http://www.android.gs/nexus-6-concept/

If anything about this is true, I hope it's the fingerprint sensor.

I don't care what you delusional people that don't like them say, iPhone 5s sensor is great and actually makes me secure my phone. Nexus 5 is still my daily phone though, so my privates are exposed if I ever lose it.

Not sure how much I'd like the "slide finger over it" style of the S5, though.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I want a fingerprint sensor, too. But one that works faster than Apple's. I want it to be instantaneous. Activated and recognized with the literal click of a button.

jokkir

How many people here actually use Face Unlock on their phone? I would but since Nexus 4's camera is extremely buggy that can cause it to reboot, I don't bother. It's pretty fast though when I tried it out.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
How many people here actually use Face Unlock on their phone? I would but since Nexus 4's camera is extremely buggy that can cause it to reboot, I don't bother. It's pretty fast though when I tried it out.

Nope. It's not fast enough. Plus, there's not always enough light around me. And I might also be unlocking the phone without having it up to my face. All these issues are why I never use it.

Zeppu

Quick. Someone invent a way to put a large fingerprint scanner under a designated area of the screen! Just stick a bunch of light sensors instead of increasing pixel density.

New mobile apps for Docs, Sheets and Slides—work offline and on the go

Every year, phones and tablets get better, and more of you are starting to use your mobile devices not just to view, but also to create and edit content. And while the Drive app is a convenient place to store your stuff, we want to make it easier for you to quickly find, edit and create documents, spreadsheets, and presentations on the go. Starting today, you can download new, standalone mobile apps for Docs and Sheets—with Slides coming soon. Need to find a spreadsheet? Go to the Sheets app. Need to create a document? Go to the Docs app. They’re all right there at your fingertips.

When you open the new apps, you’ll see your most recently edited files, which means less time searching and scrolling.

docs_nexus7_open_0424b.gif

The apps also come with offline support built in, so you can easily view, edit and create files without an Internet connection. Now, if you have a brilliant idea for a best-selling novel while traipsing through the Amazonian rainforest (or you know, something more probable, like during flight takeoff)...no problem. You can jot down your idea in the Docs app on your phone, even when you’re offline.

You can get the apps on Google Play and in the App Store. If you don’t have time now, over the next few days you’ll be prompted to download the apps when you go to edit or create a document or spreadsheet in your Drive app. And of course, you’ll still be able to use the Drive app to view and organize all of your documents, spreadsheets, presentations, photos and more.

So enjoy the Amazon—we’re looking forward to buying that novel someday. And in the meantime, just remember: even if a crocodile eats your phone, your files are safe in the cloud!

So instead of combining QuickOffice and Drive, we get this. Also on iOS.

kehs

Banned
So now there's QuickOffice, Drive, Docs, and Sheets? All of which do pretty much the same things?

I think they're trying to turn drive into a file manager instead of their office suite (which was stupid to do in the first place).

They're starting to have more apps back up settings/data, so that's probably why.

SimleuqiR

New mobile apps for Docs, Sheets and Slides—work offline and on the go

So instead of combining QuickOffice and Drive, we get this. Also on iOS.

In Zucks own words "we are breaking up the big blue app".

Drive should be your online/cloud harddrive. You should be able manage all your files through it. But creating these files (Photos, Docs, Spreadsheets, etc) should be taken care of from a different specific app, and an app that does it well.

I really hope that all the Photos images I have (Google+ autoback ups and folders) can be managed through Drive.

Gaf, anyone with a galaxy device care to test something for me? I don't own one but getting reports todos and shopping list in my note app are crashing now with those devices. If you could test the one on play store first to see if it crashes then test the updated one on xda and let me know, thanks! Just make a huge todo list and scroll up and down a few times and see if crashes. Feel free to PM me even

Link to google play version (this is the version that is crashing)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.flufflydelusions.app.enotesclassiclite

APK here for the version that hopefully fixes the crashing
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=52316510&postcount=535

voodooray

Gaf, anyone with a galaxy device care to test something for me?

I could replicate the crash using a galaxy note 2 with a days old nightly of cyanogenmod 11.

According to folder statistics, the note I created was <60k in size. Scrolling was very slow prior to the crash (dragged downwards, but took several seconds for the note to load and scroll down).

Will try the fix apk shortly and update this post.

Edit: After installing the XDA apk, it lasted longer, but I could still trigger the app to crash. While it was still very slow when drag scrolling the content as I mentioned earlier, after a few seconds it started to scroll more smoothly before the crash happened.

thespot84

Gaf, anyone with a galaxy device care to test something for me? I don't own one but getting reports todos and shopping list in my note app are crashing now with those devices. If you could test the one on play store first to see if it crashes then test the updated one on xda and let me know, thanks! Just make a huge todo list and scroll up and down a few times and see if crashes. Feel free to PM me even

Link to google play version (this is the version that is crashing)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.flufflydelusions.app.enotesclassiclite

APK here for the version that hopefully fixes the crashing
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=52316510&postcount=535

just move to keep. upside is it syncs with google drive, and it doesn't look like a touchwiz app! :p

leng jai

So my friend saw my app drawer today (it's basically just a grid view of all my apps) and he commented on how I use it properly since it looks mega complicated.

lol.

Mindwipe

New version of Google Search is out. Not only does it still not fix the grid settings on the GNL, it now obfuscates the code seemingly just to break the Xposed modules that had fixed it.

What a real dick move, Google

-PXG-

I want to tear my nut hairs out. I can download and update other apps juuuuuuuuuust fine, but Twitter and the PlayStation app want to be filthy cunts for no reason. I keep getting insufficient storage errors on my S4 and N7. Every other app on both devices are fine. I've tried nearly everything

kehs

Banned
I want to tear my nut hairs out. I can download and update other apps juuuuuuuuuust fine, but Twitter and the PlayStation app want to be filthy cunts for no reason. I keep getting insufficient storage errors on my S4 and N7. Every other app on both devices are fine. I've tried nearly everything

Have you tried sideloadupdating the new versions?

---

Looking for a used n7 2013 with 3g/4g/lte/whatever tis called...is someone is thinking about getting rid of it. You got the I/O coming up, get rid of it!

-PXG-

Have you tried sideloadupdating the new versions?

---

Looking for a used n7 2013 with 3g/4g/lte/whatever tis called...is someone is thinking about getting rid of it. You got the I/O coming up, get rid of it!

You mean just downloading and installing the apk? No. I figured I'd wait for them to come online and try other methods in the mean time.

kehs

Banned
You mean just downloading and installing the apk? No. I figured I'd wait for them to come online and try other methods in the mean time.

Yea, It's the same thing. I've had problems like that before with apps not updating (because android), and doing that fixed it and future troubles.

kehs

Banned
Tried it for Twitter on my N7. Still telling me to make room... when half of the storage is free...

Oh storage? That used to be an android problem.

Are you within like 10-15 % of free space, cause that's Android&#8482;

AnkitT

Yes, I'm on CM 11. My N7 is only using about a 1/3 of it's available storage

I used to get toasts saying something like "internal storage remaining: 7gb" while updating apps, when realy I had about 20 gigs free space back when I was on cm11, but I don't know if the bug still exists on the current nightlies since i'd switched back to stock a while ago. Don't know if you're facing the same issue though since you say you can install/update other apps fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom