• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT4| I/O Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.

3phemeral

With Kitkat, do you guys need to turn on "Force GPU rendering" to make the UI and all smoother?

I wouldn't. It's there in developer options for a reason. I believe it's to force apps that don't have it coded natively to render via GPU, so it can cause problems. Any other smoothness gained is the result of project butter/svelte.

-PXG-

With Kitkat, do you guys need to turn on "Force GPU rendering" to make the UI and all smoother?

No.

In fact don't bother doing that. Most apps won't even benefit from it since devs have to implement a flag allowing things to be rendered by the GPU to begin with. Plus it's known to make shit crash and cause battery drain.

Proper balance of over clocking, under volting and memory management gives you great performance and a reasonable battery drain.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
LastPass only prompts me in password fields sometimes. It seems like I need to re login to the app before it pops up while using Chrome. Weak. Is there anyway to fix that without enabling always be logged in? I would hope it prompted me for a PIN entry automatically.

Camp Lo

Banned
ewkkIq9.png
iu95TOr.png

aFIHald.png
ghqeI1J.png

Not sure if these were posted

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Looks like a Nexus 4 and iPhone combined. No wonder it looks so nice.

Husker86

LastPass only prompts me in password fields sometimes. It seems like I need to re login to the app before it pops up while using Chrome. Weak. Is there anyway to fix that without enabling always be logged in? I would hope it prompted me for a PIN entry automatically.

I've noticed this too. Since it's a new feature, I'm hoping it gets better over time.

Still very convenient not having to use passwords I can remember. I just set PIN for LastPass, and if it doesn't trigger on an app, just open LastPass, enter PIN, then go back to app and it should pop up.

Bboy AJ

I've noticed this too. Since it's a new feature, I'm hoping it gets better over time.

Still very convenient not having to use passwords I can remember. I just set PIN for LastPass, and if it doesn't trigger on an app, just open LastPass, enter PIN, then go back to app and it should pop up.

I just sent them an inquiry. 3 days response time for premium members, wtf. What a joke.

bryanee

I've bought a Cubot P6, cheap Chinese smartphone it has Android 4.2.2. Its my first smartphone and I'm still trying to figure it out as the instructions are shit and I cant find anywhere with the info I need.

How in the blue fucking hell do I turn off notification sounds for outgoing messages/texts? I've been in the message settings and the only option it gives me is to turn it all off all together. No toggle for outgoing and incoming.

My Z2 arrived... My early impression is that it seem the quality is a step down from my Z1.

Also I never knew that the black one has purple sides...

Husker86

I've bought a Cubot P6, cheap Chinese smartphone it has Android 4.2.2. Its my first smartphone and I'm still trying to figure it out as the instructions are shit and I cant find anywhere with the info I need.

How in the blue fucking hell do I turn off notification sounds for outgoing messages/texts? I've been in the message settings and the only option it gives me is to turn it all off all together. No toggle for outgoing and incoming.

I've never owned an Android phone with outgoing message sound. Definitely a customization from that manufacturer. It's not in 'Settings'->'Sounds'? Not the app settings menu, but the phone settings menu.

bryanee

I've never owned an Android phone with outgoing message sound. Definitely a customization from that manufacturer. It's not in 'Settings'->'Sounds'? Not the app settings menu, but the phone settings menu.

Nothing there apart from the ability to change the notification sound. Urgh.

No option for it in the message app settings or the phones actual audio settings either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom