• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT8| ConFuchsia say beta is better

Agent

Ordered the Pixel XL 2 64GB Black version. I ordered as soon as it went live so it's scheduled to come October 19/20. Now I'll get to play the annual "Will Google actually ship them on time?" game.

cube444

I can see why many are bothered by a lack of jack or prices on cable, etc. Doesn't bother me in the least as I have never used it on any phone.

:lol at those Pixel 2 phone case prices at the Google Store.

Quasar

Well....I'm a bit bummed that the Home Mini doesn't have a audio out. I kind of wanted one to plug into my AVR. Though it currently has a Chromecast Audio attached so I guess I can just connect it that way.

Also bummed the Max is US only. Not in the market for one, but I'd like to hear it demoed.

Those buds seem interesting. Definitely want to give them a listen. I assume being bluetooth they'll be shit.

LogicStep

I've never used a tempered glass screen protector before, my only experience is with regular ones. Do these fuck up the quality of the screen like normal screen protectors do?

Quasar

I've never used a tempered glass screen protector before, my only experience is with regular ones. Do these fuck up the quality of the screen like normal screen protectors do?

Well I have one on my Switch and it seems as clear as it does without one.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Pricing just seems like it's off.

As they said in the Verge video you aren't gonna really use the Mini for music. It's basically an assistant the size of a donut.

Would have been nice if it was like $29.99. Then have the regular Home at $99. Then maybe do the Max at $250-$300.

Ordered a Pixel 2, coming between 10/23-25. Been using a G5 Plus since my 5X's bootlooped. Really hope the battery life is great, mid range has now spoiled me. With the G5 Plus I don't even carry around my portable battery anymore.

Ty4on

Not as much I think. Glass is clearer than plastic and they seem to bond quite well.

Jeffrey

going through just about all the hands on impressions out there, one key take away point I'm seeing is people seem to love how it feels. Some kind of matte feeling finish makes it quite easy to grip, which is nice.

Feel like 90% of modern smartphones are either slippery smooth metal finish, or slippery smooth glass/ceramic etc. huawei p10 has an optional funky matte metal option, which I played around with that felt nice. Doesn't seem like mate 10 has that option though.

There also does seem to be a bit of a curve on the 2xl, so.... good luck finding any of kind a tempered glass protector that can fit right.

Anyways, mate 10 presser around the same time pixel ships. Let's see if they can top google in the mentions of 'AI'.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Dunno why I feel like Hawaii is less enthusiastic about selling the mate 10 in the US this year. Maybe I'm wrong. The blue model looks great

Jeffrey

Dunno why I feel like Hawaii is less enthusiastic about selling the mate 10 in the US this year. Maybe I'm wrong. The blue model looks great

they announced they are releasing a phone on at&t next year. Feeling like its the mate 10. Probably early 2018 like mate 9.

Or it could be p11. Who knows! If its coming out this year they probably would mention it during the press conference.

Ty4on

going through just about all the hands on impressions out there, one key take away point I'm seeing is people seem to love how it feels. Some kind of matte feeling finish makes it quite easy to grip, which is nice.
Some said it felt kinda like plastic

So just turned on the refurb pixel just for shits after everything that's happened. Doesn't even work anymore, I've had this damn phone for less than 3 weeks. -_-

Good quality tempered glass screen protectors feel just like the native glass and have perfect transparency. It's really just putting another sheet of glass on the glass your phone already has to take the abuse so your phone's real glass doesn't have to.

I used to hate the plastic films. Tempered glass is great.

Jeffrey

yeah in inbox it said 'shipped' the second I got my order confirmation email.

Did people get a separate email saying their thing shipped?

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Ron Amadeo‏ @RonAmadeo

I took the Pixelbook Pen apart when no one was looking. ��

DLV8Z0CUMAAJ1v8.jpg

ty_hot

I don't think I could ever go back to a 5 inch unless they give me a 7 to 8 inch tablet

I feel the opposite. My 5.5 OP3T isnt big enough for reading a lot, so I am constantly putting it near my face to see things better, while at the same time its a bit bigger to fit comfortably in the hands or in the pocket.

5 inch is probably the best size for me on a phone. I also have a Chromebook Plus that is portable enough if I need to read for longer periods.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Does the Google camera app work on Axon 7? I tried to install a version I found online but it crashes on startup. If anyone has a link to a version that works, please share, the biggest flaw with that phone is the camera.

Jeffrey

Does the Google camera app work on Axon 7? I tried to install a version I found online but it crashes on startup. If anyone has a link to a version that works, please share, the biggest flaw with that phone is the camera.
I think it's due to axon not supporting some camera2 api?

Note 8 people - I can't seem to get unlock via Google assistant to work while I have AoD on. Weird. If I turn it off it'll unlock but with the AoD it prompts you to enter pattern/pin.

Pixel Buds are some next level shit. Fuck outta here Apple, lol
What's so good about it?

And most importantly - any reports on how they sound?

Top Bottom