• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angry Video Game Nerd

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Swittcher said:
Ah, you have corrected me with that ghost busters fact. On the comments on cinemasscre, he addressed someone who asked what games he had, and he named like, 4 for the 360, and GTAIV struck out as me as the newest one, but GB might have been on there too.
I wonder if he will be buying Transformers. I bet he will! Look at his face in the Transformers episode! He really needs a good, new Transformers game and this upcoming one will probably blow James out of his couch!

Wizpig

Majine said:
Apparently, he has a PS3 (we've seen it in one of his intros) but he has never ever played a PS3 game :lol
Ok, this was weird, and full of wrong info.

DVDs are awesome, sure, but only if you watch them on CRT TVs or old LCD screens, in my experience.
I know that when I watch a DVD on my 360 / HD Ready TV (720p) the image is obviously not perfect at all, even with component.
But, damn, that's to be expected.

I also don't care about BluRay for a simple reason: I don't own a 1080p TV.
I would love to see BluRay movies, but it's just wasted money if you do so on a 720p TV (like, I guess, James')

So yeah, in this particular video it's like... he's an old man complaining about trivial stuff, as said.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Holy christ THAT'S what Laserdiscs are?

EDIT: Fuck that, CEDs are even weirder :|

Struct09

Dreamwriter said:
Let's hear it for the Coleco Telstar Arcade! That was my first game system, my dad got it when it was *3*!
coleco-telstar-arcade-console.jpg

I would have loved this thing when I was a kid.

Great episode, and I had no idea Nintendo made some consoles like that.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Struct09 said:
I would have loved this thing when I was a kid.

Great episode, and I had no idea Nintendo made some consoles like that.

One was installed in every love hotel room.

There's a pretty freaking hilarious new Board James up where he tries to play through this board game he and some friends made up when they were kids. Also, Street Fighter 3 (the board game) starring Dracula, Japanese Monster and General Slaughter.

Majine said:
I also reacted to the fact that he keeps his controller on (and without the power save function) through entire movies, and then blame its battery. Just shut the controller off when your movie starts, and turn it on when you want to do something. Geez.

As a PS3 owner, I think that's absolutely retarded that you have to turn on the auto shut-off mode in order to get decent battery life out of the controller when watching movies. The controller should not take that much power to just be on and not used.

There are logitech wireless controllers for PC that last a hell of a lot longer than the PS3 controller because they shut off when not in use and turn on when a button is pressed. The PS3 controller should be the same and not have to do the stupid re-sync every time it's turned on.

The Shadow said:
There are logitech wireless controllers for PC that last a hell of a lot longer than the PS3 controller because they shut off when not in use and turn on when a button is pressed. The PS3 controller should be the same and not have to do the stupid re-sync every time it's turned on.

What are you talking about? If the controller's off you just press the PS button to turn it on, takes 2 seconds.

Struct09

thefro said:
I think the Nerd is on hiatus until May and then there will be only 1 AVGN video per month.

Damn, and he was really consistent with 2/month for a while. I'll take what I can get, he's still funny after all these years.

SaintZ

I found the episode too tedious and long, although some of the comments did get me, like the one during "29. Slashers":

"What are these? Hookers? I guess this guy doesn't understand the concept of a hooker, you are supposed to fuck her, not fuck her up! Ugh, argh, DIE BOOB LADY!":lol

Half way through and it's already great :lol

His face after the second game was priceless, and his reaction to dying randomly in the block memory game :lol :lol

"Oh then the game crashes....GOOD" :lol :lol :lol

Pistolero

Hilarious !

Best phrase : "This game doesn't even care it sucks !" :lol

Best segment : The safety pin bit made me burst with laughter !

Pistolero said:
Hilarious !

Best phrase : "This game doesn't even care it sucks !" :lol

Best segment : The safety pin bit made me burst with laughter !

It's obviously a baby item themed game though, so don't safety pins (used to tie diapers) make sense, though?

Anyway, yes, great episode. Sure it was long at 26 minutes, but the time was needed to cover all of those games, as he went through the first 51 games on the cart... Cheetahmen will evidently be getting its own episode, next time, whenever that is. I wonder if it'll be both Cheetahmen games, that is if he actually has a copy of the quite rare Cheetahmen 2, or if it's just the first one... either way, it will be great, I'm sure. :)

But yes, Action 52 is every bit as miserably abysmal as everyone has always said, that much is obvious. If it was cheap, though (and it isn't, I believe), I'd kind of want it... it's such a hilariously crazy thing, has any game ever had so much bad in one place? :)

Salsa

BobTheFork said:
That action 52 was the first episode I've ever watched. I watched the NG ep right after that. Where the hell was I this is hilarious.

you have a long funny way ahead of you

bigosc2k

Banned
Wow that was a long ass review, well at least its better than the family guy episode they were playing adult swim at the time i was watching this review

BobTheFork said:
That action 52 was the first episode I've ever watched. I watched the NG ep right after that. Where the hell was I this is hilarious.

Oh man, you have SOOO much greatness ahead of you. Start from the BEGINNING FIRST to catch all the reoccurring jokes, references, and characters in later videos.

Net_Wrecker said:
Oh man, you have SOOO much greatness ahead of you. Start from the BEGINNING FIRST to catch all the reoccurring jokes, references, and characters in later videos.

Castlevania 2 is still probably my favourite video :D

Top Bottom