• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer |OT| Furry Real Estate Simulator

Great OT kubus!!! I can't wait to start this game. Designing is probably my favorite part about New Leaf, so this game is right up my alley. Already took a plunge and preordered four packs of amiibo cards. Hope I at least get Chief or Mint :)

LycanXIII

I'm curious: How many Amiibo cards are people planning on picking up?

I've got 4 packs coming from Amazon but I don't think I'll want any more than that. A friend of mine managed to get a Gamestop to hold a full box of card packs for him to buy on release day because he wants the entire set, but I just don't think I'd ever need that many.

Are you guys thinking about sticking with the one pack-in card, picking up a booster or two, or going whole-hog with collecting the sets?

I'll probably pick up a pack every couple weeks when I get a couple dollars worth a spare change.

It feels weird that there's two AC games coming out this year, and I'll probably end up passing on both. I hope somebody finds some meat to this one. There could've been a "Free Design" mode for total freedom, along with the existing Feng Shui and item theming and preferences that were already in New Leaf. Instead, everything seems to be "Hooray, you did the best ever!" You don't even have to hunt for the items, it just seems to give you a list of them, or boxes with them.

It looks like a shallow $10 asset recycle that somehow got upgraded to a $40 cartridge.

Tirod

I'm legit excited for this game, I love the idea of having access to tons of furniture right away to suit a theme for a house.

Also want to get a lot of cards for this, gonna go Best Buy hunting tomorrow to take advantage of GCU.

I'm curious: How many Amiibo cards are people planning on picking up?

I've got 4 packs coming from Amazon but I don't think I'll want any more than that. A friend of mine managed to get a Gamestop to hold a full box of card packs for him to buy on release day because he wants the entire set, but I just don't think I'd ever need that many.

Are you guys thinking about sticking with the one pack-in card, picking up a booster or two, or going whole-hog with collecting the sets?

A sealed box is not a full set. I have almost seven packs worth of doubles out of a sealed box. :|

derwalde

It feels weird that there's two AC games coming out this year, and I'll probably end up passing on both. I hope somebody finds some meat to this one. There could've been a "Free Design" mode for total freedom, along with the existing Feng Shui and item theming and preferences that were already in New Leaf. Instead, everything seems to be "Hooray, you did the best ever!" You don't even have to hunt for the items, it just seems to give you a list of them, or boxes with them.

It looks like a shallow $10 asset recycle that somehow got upgraded to a $40 cartridge.

Yep. My heart bleeds. :(

watershed

Banned
I'm really torn on this game. On one hand I like the gameplay, but I think I will get bored quickly so it won't justify the price.

Mecca

I'm legit excited for this game, I love the idea of having access to tons of furniture right away to suit a theme for a house.

I wish you did have access to it all straight out of the gate, but it looks like you gain furniture each time you complete a home. I want everything all at once. :(

So far the most annoying thing I've encountered is two different villagers both had the same table as their favorite so I was forced to incorporate it into my design. I ended up making similar designs because of it. I thought it would be awhile before I started seeing duplicates.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Not even €1 per card :

I should buy NA cards instead. they are compatible with the EU game right?

I wish you did have access to it all straight out of the gate, but it looks like you gain furniture each time you complete a home. I want everything all at once. :(

So far the most annoying thing I've encountered is two different villagers both had the same table as their favorite so I was forced to incorporate it into my design. I ended up making similar designs because of it. I thought it would be awhile before I started seeing duplicates.
You can always go back later and redo their houses with no requirements or requests.

Let's you update early stuff with new items you've unlocked too.

Tirod

I can live with furniture being a carrot on a stick, but two duplicate centerpieces does sound lame. /:

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Home designing was one of my favourite pastimes in New Leaf so I am tempted by this, especially as my 3DS had been a bit lonely recently.

HomesIice

Oh I didn't realise the Normal New 3DS bundle is available to preorder here in Aus! (I've been keeping an eye on ebgames they've only had the XL bundle) but yay!

More inclined to get this now!

Robin64

What I'm mostly hoping is that all the improvements to the design element that this game is doing actually makes its way back into the next mainline game.

Labrys

my N3DS bundle and 2 6 packs of cards are coming in tomorrow, I can't wait to start playing.
I hope I get some good SP cards..

From a previews I heard, there's a Cyrus icon (?) you can drag furniture onto and it gives refurbishing option.

That's right. You'll need to unlock the option by learning the Refurbishing course though which is a bit into the game. (well, an icon, it's not Cyrus!)

Are there multiple savefiles? Can I share the game with my brother and my mother?

There is only one save file/profile/character.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Anybody hesitant because of price:

Go to dell.com and join their free Advantage Rewards program.

You can then buy this game and get a $25 Dell promo code back in the mail within 10-20 days of shipping.

Busaiku

So can you get booster packs at Gamestop?
I've got enough points for a decent gift card, figure I might as well use it, since I don't plan on shopping there again.

ngower

Picked up two new Nintendo 3DS bundles this morning--one for myself, the other to sell (at cost to people I like/GAFers, or for a billion dollars if this system is like the other AC systems). Between this and the iPhone, today was an expensive day.:(

This is also my fourth (and fifth) 3DS haha, all have been bought with Animal Crossing games in mind. I need help.

That said, I have to admit I'm barely interested in the game itself. There are a handful of 3DS games I have yet to play (the Zeldas, Fantasy Life namely) so whatever.

Rozart

Anyone know how big the game is digitally?

Just found out that the game has been delayed to Nov 30th in my country and now, I'm really tempted to just buy it off the eshop but I'd really like to know just how big the game is before downloading it to my system.

moozoom

Plus the ratios are so screwy in packs of 3 compared to the packs of 6. Us Europeans are going to have soooo many "special" dupes, making them not special at all.

The 2 friends who bought me some cards in japan have many, many SP dupes... they managed to get like 70% of the first card series in the end, but some cards can be elusive if you don't buy a full box of cards I'm afraid. At release day in japan, they said it was really difficult to buy more than one pack, and soon after it was sold out.

They managed to find some later during their trip, in a store where the manager let them take multiple card packs at once. I wonder how it will be in Paris for the launch...

kubus

Anyone know how big the game is digitally?

Just found out that the game has been delayed to Nov 30th in my country and now, I'm really tempted to just buy it off the eshop but I'd really like to know just how big the game is before downloading it to my system.
4038 blocks

Where do you live that it was delayed to Nov 30th? o_O That's crazy.

Rozart

4038 blocks

Where do you live that it was delayed to Nov 30th? o_O That's crazy.

Thanks! Will just get it off the eshop then.

I live in SIngapore and it's been delayed to 30th November 2015 in Singapore and other Southeast Asian and Middle Eastern countries handled by Maxsoft. /: Apparently, tthe amiibo cards that are packaged with the games have been found to be defective so now, they have to be removed.

ngower

Animal Crossing dropped to $30 a while back and is regularly around $20 on Amazon, so I wouldn't be tooooo surprised to see a similar drop for this game eventually.

For those who have the game (or anyone who can chime in) will the smaller screens of the n3DS be a hindrance? I know this game is fairly text-heavy and I'm debating whether or not importing a n3DS LL would be worth it?
Wow that sucks :(. How could they have let something like that happen, lol.

I've been playing the Japanese release on the n3DS and didn't have any issues reading text or whatsoever. It's perfectly playable! There isn't much text anyway, at most you might start squinting at the furniture icons to see what the heck exactly you're looking at though :p

Hm, good to know. I've only ever had the XL, so this will be an interesting experiment.I know Monster Hunter is all but unplayable on the smaller screens, so I have reservations/concerns any time there's a game with text that isn't ENORMOUS.

kubus

Thanks! Will just get it off the eshop then.

I live in SIngapore and it's been delayed to 30th November 2015 in Singapore and other Southeast Asian and Middle Eastern countries handled by Maxsoft. /: Apparently, tthe amiibo cards that are packaged with the games have been found to be defective so now, they have to be removed.
Wow that sucks :(. How could they have let something like that happen, lol.

Animal Crossing dropped to $30 a while back and is regularly around $20 on Amazon, so I wouldn't be tooooo surprised to see a similar drop for this game eventually.

For those who have the game (or anyone who can chime in) will the smaller screens of the n3DS be a hindrance? I know this game is fairly text-heavy and I'm debating whether or not importing a n3DS LL would be worth it?
I've been playing the Japanese release on the n3DS and didn't have any issues reading text or whatsoever. It's perfectly playable! There isn't much text anyway, at most you might start squinting at the furniture icons to see what the heck exactly you're looking at though :p

Maybe I missed it but is it a finite area with a limit on how many residents you can have?

Also can multiple people have saves a la the 4 player houses in AC?

suzu

Maybe I missed it but is it a finite area with a limit on how many residents you can have?

Also can multiple people have saves a la the 4 player houses in AC?

I don't think there is a limit on villagers or map space. And there is only one save file.

Top Bottom