• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing Mafia |OT| - Making Animal Friends Is Awesome!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Vote: No Evict

Everyone has shown some activity in accordance with their time zones (too lazy to dig it up so I'm just fudging it here).

Everyone has shown some activity in accordance with their time zones (too lazy to dig it up so I'm just fudging it here).

You're right. Everyone seems to have posted. I checked some of the names that don't pop up too often, but they're at least posted in the thread.

Inactivity can be taken a lot of different ways though, as can overactivity. I don't think it means anything.

Kalor

I've read through everything that's been posted since I was last on and I still see no reason to evict the room mates so we don't want to risk potentially two town members.

Tonight will be interesting in terms of who the HHA decide to target and how the neighbour mechanics will play out.

VOTE: No Evict

The three people who have posted the least are:

HippieHobo 2
freakzilla149 2
Foshy 2

I would have to go look at their posts to see if they have said anything big besides hello at the start.

SalvaPot

No Evict (5)
freakzilla149
Ourobolus
franconp
Tucah
Salvapot

tomakasatnav(1)
RobotNinjaHornets

Mazre(1)
Haly

franconp(2)
Mazre
Darryl

9 have voted

Just going by this:
People who voted but retracted and have not voted again yet: (5)
Hobohodo
Razmos
Timeaisis
LaunchpadMcQ
ultron87

People who have yet to vote:(9)
Kalor
Kingkitty
Tomakasatnav
Foshy
21GunShow
SmokinGunZ1981
nin1000
Coppanuva
Hippiehobo

According to "People who has posted here", this is our current activity
User Name Posts
LaunchpadMcQ 35
Haly 24
Ourobolus 22
SalvaPot 20
Timeaisis 18
Karkador 15
Razmos 14
Mazre 12
kingkitty 11
ultron87 9
Tucah 8
Hobohodo 8
RobotNinjaHornets 8
Coppanuva 8
Kalor 7
21GunShow 6
franconp 6
tomakasatnav 4
Darryl 4
SmokinGunZ1981 2
nin1000 2
HippieHobo 2
freakzilla149 2
Foshy 2
kiri 2
Crab 1
Pau 1

Haly

I'm suspicious of that Pau and Crab person.

SalvaPot

I would point my finger of suspicion in the bottom 4, as always, mafia always are quiet if they fear saying to much. So if we do have to lynch someone, now or later on, I would suggest one of this for:

SmokinGunZ1981 2
nin1000 2
HippieHobo 2
freakzilla149 2

Of course, my main pick right now would be Haly sine his profile picture is Tonnura-san =P.

Haly

We have 9 votes for No Evict so far, by the by.

Coppanuva

I would point my finger of suspicion in the bottom 4, as always, mafia always are quiet if they fear saying to much. So if we do have to lynch someone, now or later on, I would suggest one of this for:

SmokinGunZ1981 2
nin1000 2
HippieHobo 2
freakzilla149 2

Of course, my main pick right now would be Haly sine his profile picture is Tonnura-san =P.

It's either quiet or overly talkative for most new players who are Mafia members. Quiet because they don't want to give things away, or talkative because they fear if they're too quiet they'll be targeted. I've played quite a few games where the Mafia members are some of the most talkative players who call things and are leader types.

Kevyt

*Breaking character a bit here* I'm honestly confused about the game but reading through Haly's post and asking Karkador questions has been helpful.

I don't really have much to say, or don't know what to say.

*Breaking character a bit here* I'm honestly confused about the game but reading through Haly's post and asking Karkador questions has been helpful.

I don't really have much to say, or don't know what to say.

Unless you have some concerns, maybe you should just vote no evict so we can move on. I suspect it'll take awhile to get everyone to vote, though. Probably won't get them all before the day phase ends.

It's either quiet or overly talkative for most new players who are Mafia members. Quiet because they don't want to give things away, or talkative because they fear if they're too quiet they'll be targeted. I've played quite a few games where the Mafia members are some of the most talkative players who call things and are leader types.

*looks at Launchpad*

Hmmm...

Nah, I dunno. Gonna retract my vote for Tom, just 'cause. I'm not convinced no evict is the way to go, but hey, that's the way it's going.

I get the feeling I'm going to be making some jokes about the idiots in England and who they voted in later in the game

We've got to put up with them for 5 years, let's not make jokes about it!

I'm anti housemate vote, I'm treating them much like Karkador late in the last game, let them live while they're potentially useful to us but any shenanigans..

I could go for a first day vote, but it doesn't look like we're going that way.

We've got to put up with them for 5 years, let's not make jokes about it!

I'm anti housemate vote, I'm treating them much like Karkador late in the last game, let them live while they're potentially useful to us but any shenanigans..

I could go for a first day vote, but it doesn't look like we're going that way.

But comedy's the only way I can cope :c

Also it helps if I actually retract the vote

UNVOTE: tomakasatnav

Hobohodo

Well, I said I would retract my vote whilst all the discussions played out, and we do seem to have a handle on some things a bit more now. But gonna pop up my original vote again now.

Even if we are gonna end up at the same point we were heading towards a day or so ago, I think we can all agree that this lead to some discussion that would have otherwise not happened.

nin1000

Banned
Well finally home and holy hell this thread moved very fast !
Read through every single post and my final thoughts are :

As many others have said , i would much rather gather information ( if it is usefuil is another thing ) than evicting the Roomies.

Time to grab a coffee!

animal_crossing_evening_at_the_coffee_house_by_kitchiki-d6efuet.png

kingkitty

I don't think we'll somehow be more informed on day 2 to make a good evicting decision.

vote: Mazre

sorry Mazre. I hope you're mafia.

nin1000

Banned

SmokinGunZ1981 2
nin1000 2
HippieHobo 2
freakzilla149 2

as for not being talkative.. Had a lot of work to do and will try to put down my 2 cents more regular. But holy hell at the amount of posts and Math which was made in this game.
As someone else has said 2 Deep for me.

As the last game has shown us being quiet does not mean that those players are mafia. But thanks for being a reminder that we all have to take part in this game :)

I don't think we'll somehow be more informed on day 2 to make a good evicting decision.

vote: Mazre

sorry Mazre. I hope you're mafia.

You forget there's a trick to the neighbor mechance that haven't been revealed yet. It seems like a reasonable guess that surrounding players will gain some informaton when actions take place near them.

If we get to day 2 without any further information, then maybe we should start feeling pressured. Right now, we at least know a sizable chunk of the villagers have special roles. Of the people who have admitted their role, each one has a special action (I believe it's been 4 so far). Knowing this, choosing people at random or with little evidence isn't a good call.

Razmos

I agree, choosing someone randomly seems very risky. The chances of evicting a mafia is really low. I'd rather wait until something starts actually happening and we have a better grasp of the mechanics before we start shooting in the dark.

So actually, I was weighing the pros and cons of this, and I've ultimately decided to just reveal myself as an innocent townsperson with no special actions. I'm doing this so that any roles with investigative actions can overlook me during the night phase. Also, hopefully, HHA will see me as a reduced threat since I have no special actions.

I can confirm any other details, but I wouldn't want to give an HHA member enough information to impersonate someone in my role, so I'll try to work around that if anyone needs further evidence on my role.

Karkador

Banned
Clock bells echo in the distance

These notices will also be posted and updated in Post #3 of this thread, for easy finding.

Time Remaining in the Day Phase:
t1431804900z1.png

Current votes
(13 votes needed for majoritydecision):
Names with a strike voted, and then unvoted.

No Evict (12)
ultron87
Timeaisis
LaunchPadMcQ
Hobohodo
Razmos
Tucah
freakzilla149
Ourobolus
Haly
franconp
Tucah
Salvapot
Kalor
nin1000

Ourobolus(0)
Mazre
Salvapot

tomakasatnav(0)
RobotNinjaHornets

Mazre(1)
Haly
Ourobolus
kingkitty

franconp(2)
Mazre
Darryl

Tucah

you speak so well
You forget there's a trick to the neighbor mechance that haven't been revealed yet. It seems like a reasonable guess that surrounding players will gain some informaton when actions take place near them.

If we get to day 2 without any further information, then maybe we should start feeling pressured. Right now, we at least know a sizable chunk of the villagers have special roles. Of the people who have admitted their role, each one has a special action (I believe it's been 4 so far). Knowing this, choosing people at random or with little evidence isn't a good call.

This has been my thoughts on the day 1 evict/no evict from the beginning. I don't want to risk evicting a member with an important role and the chance we randomly hit a HHA member is slim. Day 2, I'll be willing to join the discussion on a random evict but I'm hoping for at least a little more information to go on.

kingkitty

And yet early in the game, you did argue for a while that choosing people using probability/random/little evidence was a good call. And because this is mafia with lots of people, there is a good chunk of special roles.

Then maybe we should evict the roomies. There's a higher chance we'd evict a mafia if we did that, even if we lose an ordinary villager or special role. Moreover, just the act of removing a villager at this point creates more information if their role is revealed upon their eviction or even just by reducing the amount of players.

If we're just going to choose at random, I think this increases our chances of success. I feel sorry saying that if one or both of the roomies is innocent.

Also, removing more townies increases our chances of correctly deducing who of the remaining villagers is an HHA member. So, even in the worst case scenario - there are two townies in the housemate block, and a third townie is picked off in the night - that still increases our chances of correctly evicting an HHA member in the following day phase, keeping in mind that other mechanics will be assisting us like the investigator's role.

Two shots in the dark means higher chance to kill. We have to remember sacrifices will be necessary for the township to oust the HHA menace. We don't win by having more members left.

You eventually changed your tune.

What we can take away from this is that, regardless of ultron's ultimate allegiance, it's not as safe a bet to evict the roomies anymore. It would ride on the probability of fran being HHA, which is the same as any other villager being HHA. We do know that fran has a role now, though, so I think the probability of his being HHA is slightly higher than if he's a regular villager.

Based on what some people supposedly claim to be. Mafia will bluff their butts off, so we'll see if those claims are legitimate.

My choice for mazre wasn't completely random. He picked someone francorp to die, which could be a sly mafia vote to take out two innocent roomies. And he also had a vote on him as well. But it seems like it's too late for now.

And yet early in the game, you did argue for a while that choosing people using probability/random/little evidence was a good call. And because this is mafia with lots of people, there is a good chunk of special roles.

You eventually changed your tune.

Based on what some people supposedly claim to be. Mafia will bluff their butts off, so we'll see if those claims are legitimate.

My choice for mazre wasn't completely random. He picked someone francorp to die, which could be a sly mafia vote to take out two innocent roomies. And he also had a vote on him as well. But it seems like it's too late for now.

Yeah, that's when I thought there would be more normies than special roles. So far, of the players who's roles have been revealed, I'm the only normie. That's 1/5, and even if some of them aren't townies, it messes with what my original thoughts on the distribution of roles are. I also thought we had a good chance of hitting an HHA by evicting the roomies, but now I'm almost certain we're evicting at least one townie or neutral, either of which could potentially benefit us.

Unfortunately, going back and forth is a characteristic of this game. I also don't think we know enough about Mazre to say he's necessarily mafia; I am closer to believing he is neutral.

Karkador

Banned
Also, in case anyone is wondering, I allowed LaunchPadMcQ to edit a recent post, because of some rules infractions.

Remember, folks - no posting anything directly from your role PM. You wouldn't download a golden shovel, would you?

Razmos

You know what night time means!
Hello neighbors and townings! so during nights, I'll always throw parties!

Everyone is welcome!

You will want to come, rest assure that I throw the best night parties in town! As you all will see. ;)

Party all night long. \o/

Katy-Perry-TGIF-6.gif

Looks delicious but I bet it has a lot of sugar, so I'll kindly pass.

Gonna get my networking game on.

Karkador

Banned
As the sun sets, the whistle of the last train washes over the quiet village

These notices will also be posted and updated in Post #3 of this thread, for easy finding.

Day 1 Ends

Voting totals
(13 votes were needed for majority decision):
Names with a strike voted, and then unvoted.

No Evict (13)
ultron87
Timeaisis
LaunchPadMcQ
Hobohodo
Razmos
Tucah
freakzilla149
Ourobolus
Haly
franconp
Tucah
Salvapot
Kalor
nin1000

Ourobolus(0)
Mazre
Salvapot

tomakasatnav(0)
RobotNinjaHornets

Mazre(1)
Haly
Ourobolus
kingkitty

franconp(2)
Mazre
Darryl

All 23 returned to their homes after an explosive Day 1. The Village is already fired up!

Night 1 Officially Begins

Time Left Until Night 1 Ends
*ENDED*

Haly

Editing is against the rules Matt.

Kevyt

You know what night time means!

Gonna get my networking game on.

That's right!

Everyone, party at my house!

Everyone is welcome to bring friends, family members, significant and insignificant others!

There will be a sushi bar, a buffet, lots of food and music by a DJ. This is all in celebration of our beautiful town! :)

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck your rules, I'm Tom Nook!*

RlB2jzx.png

*Not actually Tom Nook. I just wanted to revenge ghost after last session. Boo!

SmokinGunZ1981 2
nin1000 2
HippieHobo 2
freakzilla149 2

Well. looks like I know who I'm voting for next.

Top Bottom