• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons |OT| Self-isolating on a deserted island

Bluecondor

I'm glad that part was not repeated for every house but had no issue with it I enjoyed grinding for it and it took me less than an hour to finish the houses

I agree. This is my first Animal Crossing game, and the small grind for the three houses was pretty minimal.

Also - the grind wasn't too bad, in that you were making 6 different items each for the 3 different houses - which then generated three new characters for your island. I'm not a fan of grinding in games, as it can lead to endless loops with minimal progress (i.e. grinding in the Division). When it has a clear and direct payoff though (like in the specific items for the three houses), it gives you something to focus on and you can see the outcome rather quickly.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Thurible

Yesterday I found a ghost named wisp and after collecting the bits of his soul he gave a blue tile wall. Today a skunk came named Kicks and he sold footwear and backpacks.

Can you get Kicks to stay and make a shop like the Able sisters or are they the only ones who do that?

Also, does anyone know any good ways to find and gather bunny day and cherry blossom recipes? I still don't have all of them and the bottle I find are usually repeats of stuff I already know.

I just want to say that I can't WAIT until Bunny Day gets here. I'm so sick of these damn eggs!

Also, I apparently jinxed myself earlier in the thread when I said I never had any issues with my launch joycons - my left joycon is now officially drifting, and I can walk around without touching the stick. Awesome. :messenger_pouting:

BorntoPlay

A great night to hunt... They sleep peacefully in my pocket until the raccoon twins (or flick) open the store and are sacrificed for the greater good... My home was founded on a tarantula graveyard...

Eu04JBf.jpg

Gorki247

Turnips are going at quite a high price on my island! 502 bells!

If anyone would like to take advantage, let me know and I'd be prepared to open my gate this afternoon (UK time, for reference).

Last edited:

Collete

I finally got all the cherry recipes :D

If anyone needs me to craft any items, hit me up!
(Optional: Please tip me cherry blossom petals instead of bells if possible :p )

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Yeah so I tried this and it works for spawning balloons every time but you don't always get a solid color balloon. You're just guaranteed a balloon spawn every 5 minutes and don't have to wait 10 minutes occasionally.
It's been a guaranteed normal balloon for me so far. If you see a bunny day balloon, look around more, there should be a normal one too. Make sure you're doing the spawn reset properly with the NPC interaction on time too.

ebevan91

I made a cool 5.5 million bells off my 10,000 turnips today.

And also I don't know if there's a pattern with the balloons but I noticed I've been getting the same colored balloons all the time on different days. On Monday I got more red balloons than anything which helped with the cherry blossom recipes. Tuesday I didn't really play that much so I don't really remember what I got. Yesterday I got a bunch of blue balloons, and a few of those had the recipes. Today I've gotten mostly yellow balloons. I'm down to only 3 left that I need and I have a duplicate that I plan on trading.

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I got one more blossom recipe today. Going to try farming some tomorrow.
I’m in the process of slowly moving each islanders house to a better layout.

I’m slowly chipping away at my wealth. Only 5.3 million bells left. :(

BorntoPlay

I got one more blossom recipe today. Going to try farming some tomorrow.
I’m in the process of slowly moving each islanders house to a better layout.

I’m slowly chipping away at my wealth. Only 5.3 million bells left. :(

This trick work great for me..

Last edited:
I think every event that requires an update will have a second Sakura like cherry blossom event that it will block. I am predicting every event will be as annoying as these eggs.

most people don't know we have 3 events this week Young Bamboo will not see this again for a year - Cherry Blossom again see it next year - and these damn Eggs! So the eggs are swamping 2 other events that are rare and will not happen often. So without time travel it could be really frustrating without trading with 50 strangers.

I'm getting this feeling from time travel (been bored and annoyed at youtubers hating on time travel)
I went back to August 1, 2019 I was able to trigger something like cherry blossoms, and it was raining heavy. This game looks amazing in heavy rain and you get some of the best rare hybrids the day after a heavy rain that you don't get with any water can.

anyway bored of not being able to get my Bonsai tree recipe so off to fill up my Critterpedia

cormack12

Gold Member
There any reason why the fishing event wouldn't be spawning. A mate has had AC for a few days but is obviously behind. He cant find the little event on his Island. Is there a pre-req or certain stage you need to be at to unlock?

VN1X

Banned
I still need the Bunny Day Arch. Does anyone have an extra recipe laying around or can it still spawn in a message bottle tomorrow when the Bunny arrives again? Also what happens to my eggs after the 12th? Do they expire or can I still sell them?

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I like how they do the fishing tourney. Turn in point for random gifts. I want that fish print.

I still need the Bunny Day Arch. Does anyone have an extra recipe laying around or can it still spawn in a message bottle tomorrow when the Bunny arrives again? Also what happens to my eggs after the 12th? Do they expire or can I still sell them?

I believe you get the arch and 2 other Bunny Day recipes during the actual event on the 12th.

Moogle11

Banned
Ive been having a great time with this. Perfect releasing game to chill out with during these crazy times. System time counter has me over 40 hours so far, many if the lounging in the hammock in the backyard.

im nit really working toward anything specfic yet. Just doing chores, slowly paying off house expansions, bridges and inclines, donating things to the museum etc. Need to remember to play and buy turnips tomorrow morning As I forgot the first two Sunday's I've had the game and don’t time travel.

gradient

Resident Cheap Arse
Right, I'm done with the Fishing tournament after racking up enough points to get the gold trophy (300). They really did need more tournament prizes as you can get them all within 100 points so eventually you're just getting doubles of doubles.

Got to say, it really did expose some shortcomings in the interface that they need to fix:

tlkrdcjx5tp41.jpg

I intended to use bait to get more fish in the 3 minute time limit, but that damn crafting time made it completely impractical. They REALLY need to instroduce the ability to craft multiples of an item at one time.

Dialogue needs to be skippable and maybe intoroduce a little more streamlining so it isn't repeated after the first time. Following on from the end of a tournament run you have to go through THREE separate dialogue trees before you can go again. The first to go over your score (where he repeats the same damn blather about selling fish, his viewers and trading points for items), then a second where you have to go through the dialogues to sell the fish you caught, which has to be done before you can discuss going again, and then the opening dialogue for joining the tournament (including all the blather about him giving you a 2 point bonus and prattling on). And they don't flow into each other, you have to initiate each one separately. Holy shit, I think I may have worn out my pro controllers B and A buttons just trying to get through the text.

Also, I don't need the damn blurb about the fish I just caught including the pose every damn time. It's a squid, you had an inkling, I frickin' know! I don't need to hear it in all of the thousand catches that came after the first time.

Easter event... feckin' eggs during a fishing tournament. Top tier trolling right there.

That aside, at least they made it so that catching fish during the timed period doesn't reduce the durability on your rod. Good call. I crafted and was carrying a spare in expectation of durability woes but they at least seem to have thought of that.

But on the subject of durability. It's getting tedious. It's ridiculous that a watering can can't last me 1 watering run of my flower fields. It's a damn watering can, how the hell is pouring water from it breaking it? let alone that quickly? it serves no purpose other than to frustrate a basic task. Same with axes, shovels and fishing. They need to patch in better durability because it is really making doing some of the day-to-day stuff a drag.

Aside, I have doubles of a few of the fishing tournament prizes if anyone is stuck and doesn't want to brave the beaver's dialogue loops.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Right, I'm done with the Fishing tournament after racking up enough points to get the gold trophy (300). They really did need more tournament prizes as you can get them all within 100 points so eventually you're just getting doubles of doubles.

Wait... so should not be cashing out my points each time I have 10? Or will I still get a trophy if I cash in routinely?

Edit: Just verified that it's total for the day, regardless of whether or not you've swapped for items.

Last edited:

ebevan91

Wait... so should not be cashing out my points each time I have 10? Or will I still get a trophy if I cash in routinely?

Edit: Just verified that it's total for the day, regardless of whether or not you've swapped for items.

Yeah the points are the total for the day. I only swapped points occasionally after getting all the items just to see how many I had so I could get an idea on how many points I needed for the gold trophy.

Top Bottom