• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

N1q.jpg

This is gonna be my record room. Anybody recognizes this beauty of an album? :D

Chopper

Is anyone able to provide me with an axes/some axes? Trying to do some renovating, but my gardening shop isn't open til tomorrow...

zroid

Banned
Is anyone able to provide me with an axes/some axes? Trying to do some renovating, but my gardening shop isn't open til tomorrow...

Could give you a silver axe, I have a bunch

Would love a hybrid flower in exchange, but you can have it for free if you want :)

Nightz

Am I the only one who's bigger addiction in this game is the museum? I just want to finish every collection

Yeah the museum is starting to grow on me. Sometimes I find a new shark or bug that I know is really expensive, but I end up donating it instead lol.

Could give you a silver axe, I have a bunch

Would love a hybrid flower in exchange, but you can have it for free if you want :)

Do you happen to have any more spare Silver Axes? I'm going to have to cut down close to a hundred trees soon to get my town layout sorted.

I've got a Pink Tulip and a Black Tulip if you want hybrid flowers, other than that I've got a couple of Nintendo items or a pile of bells I could offer.

yami4ct

Ok, as some of you heard me lament about last night, I lost my entire town due to SD card corruption and Nintendo's save restrictions not allowing me to use my backup AC save. Well, I'm officially back on the horse that threw me. Got my town back up and running. Going to spend my day and the use of the typically awful "time travel" to get my town back near where I was at today. The biggest hurt is still going to be the collections, as my museum will only rebuild through hard work and time.

That being said, I'm still looking anyone who's willing to help me recover some of the things I've lost. Right now, I got a good chunk of the fruit back. I'm still looking for any fruit that's not Cherries, Oranges, Pairs, Apples or Bananas. I'm also looking for the Mario 1-1 wallpaper, as that's an item that I really enjoyed having.

Again, thanks to all that have helped so far. It's definitely made restarting way easier.

Midou

Is there a good way to get the medals on the island? I thought only beginner gave low but I just did a couple of higher tier ones and still shit medals. I need 40+ for some items but that seems pretty annoying at the 2-6 you get per tour.

What are the easiest/most efficient ones to get gold at and good medals at least?

Is there a good way to get the medals on the island? I thought only beginner gave low but I just did a couple of higher tier ones and still shit medals. I need 40+ for some items but that seems pretty annoying at the 2-6 you get per tour.
Official Scavenger Hunt has probably the best time to medals ratio. You can usually complete it in 3 mins and as long as you finish with something like 2:20 left on the clock you'll get 13 medals.

Coquette

Some pictures!

ibmSWJ8purWxyr.JPG

I think Henry's hoarding fossils.

Also, I feel bad. I stood Henry up for his inspection of my house then he was SUPER bummed out about it and said he didn't blame me. Whoops.

iINY1B7TqS3Nq.JPG

Hmm, they donated more than I expected they would but still nowhere near enough. It's 'kay guys, I got this.

Linius let me visit on what was supposed to be a "Bring Katie somewhere new" mission but I failed and somehow left her behind. So instead, we went to the island!

iF4KGmZj8rGbk.JPG

....Awkward, Kapp'n, awkward.

iblJsjxOYfyy3o.JPG

I'm supposed to find an official accessory. I still have no clue what that is.

ibeCnUVqhToCfy.JPG

All in all, a good visit. :)

yami4ct

What are the easiest/most efficient ones to get gold at and good medals at least?

I found the labyrinth to be quite easy. Also, anyone that has you running around to find things. The fossil tours and scavenger hunts I can gold award every time. Pretty much anything besides Fishing or Item Matching. Fishing is too random and item matching can have long stretches where you find nothing if you pick a bad first item.

I think the only way around this problem is getting a new router. My friend tried a bunch of stuff and it never worked, decided to try his luck with a Linksys router and bam connection acquired.

Hrmm, that's the router I'm rocking right now. Signal strength is fine and I've changed every setting that's been known to impede online gaming. Not sure what else to do.

The funny thing is I actually do get visitors every once in a while, but more often than not people get an error message when they try to visit. For the life of me I don't know what the issue is.

UberTag

Am I the only one who's bigger addiction in this game is the museum? I just want to finish every collection
I'm right there with ya.
Just started on Saturday and I've already caught every fish possible that's accessible in June (both in my village and the island).
Hoping to clear out the rest of the wetsuit deep dive critters on the Island tonight (will be a while until I get to do the same for my village).

That'll just leave the pesky bugs. Went on a beetle smorgasbord in the evening. Have a few daytime-only stragglers to clear up as well. Will be waiting on a few for a while, though. Don't have an axe to get violin beetles in my village. Going to let some turnips rot to get ants and flies. Trying to get my hybrids off the ground to get a Peacock Butterfly (still working on the Orchid Mantis as well, although they'll go for white flowers). Need a bush for snails. And still have to nab that pesky tarantula. Only seen him twice, thus far.

Pretty much covered on everything else, though. Anything that isn't situational will be mine in the next day or so.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'm right there with ya.
Just started on Saturday and I've already caught every fish possible that's accessible in June (both in my village and the island).
Hoping to clear out the rest of the wetsuit deep dive critters on the Island tonight (will be a while until I get to do the same for my village).

That'll just leave the pesky bugs. Went on a beetle smorgasbord in the evening. Have a few daytime-only stragglers to clear up as well. Will be waiting on a few for a while, though. Don't have an axe to get violin beetles in my village. Going to let some turnips rot to get ants and flies. Trying to get my hybrids off the ground to get a Peacock Butterfly (still working on the Orchid Mantis as well, although they'll go for white flowers). Need a bush for snails. And still have to nab that pesky tarantula. Only seen him twice, thus far.

Pretty much covered on everything else, though. Anything that isn't situational will be mine in the next day or so.

Huh.

Wow.

I have a lot of work left to do. :p

Also, how do you regularly pop balloon presents?

zroid

Banned
Do you happen to have any more spare Silver Axes? I'm going to have to cut down close to a hundred trees soon to get my town layout sorted.

I've got a Pink Tulip and a Black Tulip if you want hybrid flowers, other than that I've got a couple of Nintendo items or a pile of bells I could offer.

I do, but my friend list is tragically full! I don't suppose we're friends already and I forgot? lol :(

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Creatures found when diving aren't limited to date and time right? I still haven't procured medals for a swimsuit D:

Krogan

Japanese towns are crazy, blue flowers everywhere. It was hard to communicate but I ended up using a site to translate.

Pau

I'm right there with ya.

Man, you should come to my town. Every time I wake up there's a peacock butterfly outside my door for some reason.

Totakeke

I spent too much time playing today, but almost 90 minutes of that was attempting futile communication with a Japanese player. Poor guy, he keeps trying but I can only understand like 10% of the stuffs he's saying. >_>

I did nab a record off his town though. Even the covers look amazing.

tumblr_mondwvtOQI1sw6f1ro1_400.jpg

I do, but my friend list is tragically full! I don't suppose we're friends already and I forgot? lol :(

Afraid not. Don't worry about it though, I read into the Silver Axe a bit more and it supposedly still breaks - the official guide was saying it never breaks which is what I actually needed.

UberTag

Huh.

Wow.

I have a lot of work left to do. :p

Also, how do you regularly pop balloon presents?
Until you get a slingshot your only avenue is to wait for balloons to drop as they descend down a cliff and whack 'em with your net.

Incidentally, I've got 3 balloon clocks eating space in my inventory. My villagers won't trade for my extras. :(

Creatures found when diving aren't limited to date and time right? I still haven't procured medals for a swimsuit D:
A handful will show up more often during the day and others have very flexible hours but nothing like bugs or fish that I've found.

This list has relatively accurate times for everything. (Bear in mind that some creatures have incorrect translations.)
IGN's site does a better job of calling out specific criteria for certain things you're hunting but that barely applies for deep sea diving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom