• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperSah

Banned
Haha. I saw it in the store today and thought, "Oh hey, that's odd." and ended up wearing them all day just because.

The stores had all sorts of weird things in it today. Those, the nose and mustache glasses, the triangle sunglasses. Nookling's had a lawnmower. A goddamn lawnmower. Am I just supposed to prop it against the wall?

Lawnmowers are powerful weapons, remember that, young Padawan.

But yeah, they sell some damn useless objects.

ramyeon

Any tips or is it just a matter of patience? I walk around the little island, waiting for a non-fruit beetle to appear on the trees. Sometimes they appear quickly and sometimes it takes a while.
Cut down all the regular trees and just keep the palm trees around the outside.

anybody have a cool dream suite code?

if you wanna visit a hellish japanese landscape in the year 2022...

2700-0255-3585

was my first dream. really freaked me out :lol

microfolk

I'm a slowpoke and I began to play just yesterday but I'm already in love, but this game is huuuge and I don't understand shit about 3ds online system and all the things you can do in multiplayer. The OP is glorious but it feels like I'm missing so many useful tips and tricks if I don't follow this thread, but holy shit CrossingGAF is huge and lovely and I'm really not used to topics moving so fast.
I think I'm going to take it easy, play at my own pace and when I'm confident enough I'll begin to play online with some fellow gaffer (or my status as junior means I can't be one of you? ;_;)

Socreges

Banned
Caught a coelacanth! Woo.

Are they supposed to be super rare?
Not really. The rain necessary is more rare than the coelacanth. At least from my experience. Once it starts raining you just have to put a little time in and you shouldn't have any problem catching one.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Not really. The rain necessary is more rare than the coelacanth. At least from my experience. Once it starts raining you just have to put a little time in and you shouldn't have any problem catching one.

Alright, cool. Still, good to have it done with.

My museum is starting to become pretty awesome.

Also, how do we know when stuff like the garden center is being built? I'm pretty sure that I've fulfilled the pre-requisites.

IrishNinja

man my AC experience so far is not going so well

working/doing stuff at night makes most of the game useless until i can set it to a night owl schedule (which closes stuff at midnight, right? still not ideal, but better at least!) and i can't seem to do that yet, as im waiting on my house & isa keeps saying only 35% of these uppity residents are happy. i talked to everybody! sent letters! what do you guys want from me, i can't do anything yet

there's no seashells, bugs, cherries, money rocks etc yet. im waiting for whenever the game currently considers it a new day to do stuff again, right now there's literally nothing popping in my town but an asshole firefly i can't catch for the life of me

don't get me wrong, i totally get that AC isnt something you can power through (played the GC one to death) but i feel like im still waiting for the game to start and let me do stuff. i couldn't even take help from fellow Gaffer Linius this morning cause i coudlnt sell stuff to make the 500 bells for an ID photo until nook jr decided to open shop at 9a, well past my bedtime (which was awesome when the recycling gal finally opened & made me realize i'm a chump for taking his prices on stuff anyway)

meanwhile ya'll are ballin outta control on turnips and i'm an inept mayor with a bush jr level approval rating hnnnghhh

Lkr

Alright, cool. Still, good to have it done with.

My museum is starting to become pretty awesome.

Also, how do we know when stuff like the garden center is being built? I'm pretty sure that I've fulfilled the pre-requisites.

there will be a little construction looking thing going on with a blue carpet over a building looking thingy

hI9QJK2.jpg

...weird things happen when you choose to go international

LostAnkh

working/doing stuff at night makes most of the game useless until i can set it to a night owl schedule (which closes stuff at midnight, right? still not ideal, but better at least!) and i can't seem to do that yet, as im waiting on my house & isa keeps saying only 35% of these uppity residents are happy. i talked to everybody! sent letters! what do you guys want from me, i can't do anything yet

there's no seashells, bugs, cherries, money rocks etc yet. im waiting for whenever the game currently considers it a new day to do stuff again, right now there's literally nothing popping in my town but an asshole firefly i can't catch for the life of me

don't get me wrong, i totally get that AC isnt something you can power through (played the GC one to death) but i feel like im still waiting for the game to start and let me do stuff. i couldn't even take help from fellow Gaffer Linius this morning cause i coudlnt sell stuff to make the 500 bells for an ID photo until nook jr decided to open shop at 9a, well past my bedtime (which was awesome when the recycling gal finally opened & made me realize i'm a chump for taking his prices on stuff anyway)

meanwhile ya'll are ballin outta control on turnips and i'm an inept mayor with a bush jr level approval rating hnnnghhh
I know dat feel bro....
:(

ramyeon

Game sounds so good with headphones. The sound is amazing, and not just the soundtrack. The sound of rain, footsteps changing when the grass or sand is wet/dry or if you're wearing shoes or barefoot. It's all so calming.

dhlt25

got home too late and everything is closed and since I'm in hawaii none of my friends are online. Can't even try out my new garden shop, so lame... at least I have enough money for the night-owl ordinance now so hopefully I can get an axe tomorrow.

:( if you have the card, you can always hop into someone else's town at night and do your thang until you can enact the Night Owl ordinance. Plus, talking with other people's villagers is a great way to boost your approval rating.

And I'm not completely sure, but my guess is that the day starts at 6AM, like in previous games.

YES GARDEN CENTER

Bugger a watering can.

On the plus side, realised Isabelle isn't as stingy as previously thought with public work project positions and boom, a tree magically vanishes in my dream campsite position. The Pixel Park comes along nicely.

Expanded my house 3 times now. My house looks like a fortress now!

You need money? Visit the tropical island and concentrate on big fishes and insects

working/doing stuff at night makes most of the game useless until i can set it to a night owl schedule (which closes stuff at midnight, right? still not ideal, but better at least!)=

Quick search suggests:
Re-Tail: 2AM
Gardening shop: 11PM
Nook's Homes and Nookling Junction: 12AM
Able Sisters: 12AM

And later stages of Nook's go to 3am and then 5am or something? May need confirmation on that.

A friend of mine is having issues with items disappearing from her lockers and even out of her hands while playing. Watched a Peach umbrella just go away when she went from the main street to the village. What's going on?

Labrys

I got the guide today. Lots of info in there, and for $15 it was worth it just for the item listings.
Only annoying thing is that all the bugs and such's selling prices are listed without the 1/4 cut from Retail. Gotta write those in myself.

Linius

I'm going to war. Some crazy ass animal thinks he can move to this town right next to the mayor. Blocking the mayors dock > house > retail routine. Well he came to the wrong neighbourhood.

Quick search suggests:

And later stages of Nook's go to 3am and then 5am or something? May need confirmation on that.

Would really like to see confirmation on this. I also work nights and it does suck not having a chance to visit stores since nothing it opens at 3am - 8am

ramyeon

Is this how you find Pascal? I've been trying to work outsince JP release X_X
Yeah I think he appears sometimes when you find a scallop on your ocean floor. If you give it to him he says crazy stuff and then gives you some pirate furniture. So cool. It came out of nowhere for me.

IrishNinja

:( if you have the card, you can always hop into someone else's town at night and do your thang until you can enact the Night Owl ordinance. Plus, talking with other people's villagers is a great way to boost your approval rating.

And I'm not completely sure, but my guess is that the day starts at 6AM, like in previous games.

nice! who wants a late-night invader visitor?! i only run through the minimal # of flowers~

the QR machine is as much of a blessing as it is a curse

9 MORE DAYS

Quick search suggests:

nice, these are #'s i can work with! at what point does the option open up though, once i hit 100% presumably?

SmithnCo that shit is killing me, haha

This just made my week. I'm not even kidding.

BNL00YiCYAAQ23t.jpg
BNL07WJCEAAPT_n.jpg

BNL1BlhCcAEZgb7.jpg
BNL1HnGCQAAx3Ty.jpg

...this game, maaaaan.

oh my god

I'm going to war. Some crazy ass animal thinks he can move to this town right next to the mayor. Blocking the mayors dock > house > retail routine. Well he came to the wrong neighbourhood.

that's turrible. what happens when you file a complaint with isa? she seems...reluctant

also where is KK slider, is he event/holiday only?

Quick search suggests:

Go to the Town Hall, Sit on the Mayor's chair, select Ordinances, and then Night Owl.

There, your town's shops next day will be working till late night.

Note: You must have 20K to change the ordinance.

IrishNinja

Go to the Town Hall, Sit on the Mayor's chair, select Ordinances, and then Night Owl.

There, your town's shops next day will be working till late night.

Note: You must have 20K to change the ordinance.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

so can this be done before you have 100% approval rating/whatever permit it is im waitin on?

ramyeon

This is definitely the easiest bell making scheme in the game. Made an easy 100K + in about 15/20 minutes.

Oh, and for God's sake make sure you put all your bugs in the item box before you leave!
Only 100K+? With this method I make at least 350,000 every 30 minutes without the wealthy town ordinance. With the wealthy town ordinance it can be almost 500,000!

ramyeon

Haha, I was tired and wasn't really on bug catching form. Unless I'm missing something?
Dunno, if you're filling up the box on the island and only getting 100K that's weird. It has to be after 7PM for the big bugs to come out, mind you. Everything that appears after 7PM is worth 8000+ each I think, except the Goliath Bugs which are 6000.

Ferga

That is some nice looking floor and wallpaper. I'm wearing the same shirt too, we're both men of fine taste.

So am I! Looks surprisingly good with a top hat and a monocle.

Sophisticated kung fu man.

If you hold an axe, you look like a maniacal murderer

afoni

Banned
I'm still on the market to trade a Wario hat for some bug furniture...

I currently have:

Snail Clock
Spiderweb Clock
Small Butterfly Table
Cicada Stereo
Honeybee Drawers
Firefly Lamp
Caterpillar Sofa
Ladybug Stool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom