• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zing

Banned
The club nintendo posters are sweet. My daughter and I spent a good amount of time checking out all the villagers.

And yeah, Chief is rude. And he built directly in front of my retail.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Many thanks! :D I am less than 30 furniture pieces away from a complete catalog in that section! These camper and igloo items will help me out a LOT :D

EDIT I should be around then :D

My internet is out but as soon as it's back up I'll open for you.

Niraj

;P Gotta love how even without internet you'll use your mobile data plans (or whatever you are using) to come to read the ACNL OT =P

Unlimited data on my phone, why not :p

I'm open MicH, if you're around, opened without remembering to post :x

Edit: gonna guess you aren't around. I'll get you this stuff tomorrow for sure.

Azuran

Banned
Aww yes! The game finally decided to throw me a bone for once :)

ATcZlRU.jpg

That means I have everything that's catchable at the moment. Now I'm just patiently waiting for Friday to get here.

MicH

Unlimited data on my phone, why not :p

I'm open MicH, if you're around, opened without remembering to post :x

Edit: gonna guess you aren't around. I'll get you this stuff tomorrow for sure.
I'm so sorry for standing you up! I fell asleep... Thank you so much for everything!

I had to TT a couple of days to get Kid Cat moved in, I couldn't wait!

On a similar note, my brother's favourite villager on Wild World was Butch and he's been hoping for him since the start of New Leaf.
He hasn't turned up in his or my town yet though.
If anybody has him and he's moving please give me a heads-up!
It would really make his day... year... life!

zigg

I might be getting back into this… my kids wanted to clean out my town full of perfect peach trees one night and suddenly I'm playing for a half hour or so a day again. Plus, starting next week, I'll have some free time at night that I didn't before, in case anyone's playing between say 8 and 10 p.m. Eastern.

I mean, not that I was all that much fun to play with in the first place, since I was mostly obsessed with flowers and really lazy with the furniture and ground decoration games 😉

MicH

Happy birthday, 789Shadow!

Also, once again, thanks for your help, Niraj!

I might be getting back into this… my kids wanted to clean out my town full of perfect peach trees one night and suddenly I'm playing for a half hour or so a day again. Plus, starting next week, I'll have some free time at night that I didn't before, in case anyone's playing between say 8 and 10 p.m. Eastern.

I mean, not that I was all that much fun to play with in the first place, since I was mostly obsessed with flowers and really lazy with the furniture and ground decoration games 😉
Yay! I just recently got back into the game as well and in really enjoying myself :D

Frogstep

This place sure did get a little more lively while I was out of town. Always great to see! :)

And back in time for a birthday! Happy Birthday pal!

MicH

If anyone has any of the items below on their island, please let me know! They're the only pieces I'm missing:

yellow aloha shirt
beach table
treasure chest

(and sea globe, but that's Club Tortimer only)

EDIT As luck would have it, I found the alpha shirt just after posting this :D

MicH

Done island hopping for today managed to score a yellow aloha :)P) tee, a beach table, a second beach chair, a blue wetsuit and an orange wetsuit. Turns out I already have the orange one, so if anyone has the green or the pink one and wants to trade, please let me know :)

Zing

Banned
Bah, I just discovered that there is only one set of Aloha shorts: brown. I was hoping for a matching blue or red set.

Done island hopping for today managed to score a yellow aloha :)P) tee, a beach table, a second beach chair, a blue wetsuit and an orange wetsuit. Turns out I already have the orange one, so if anyone has the green or the pink one and wants to trade, please let me know :)
I'll trade. I'll PM you my friend code.

Hmm, I just tried my first international island. I get there and some Japanese guy was all by himself standing motionless and he had cut down every tree on the island. On top of that, every action took literally 1 second to register due to lag. I grabbed the leftover bananas to recover my fees and got the hell out.

MicH

I have another request :p Does anyone have all the special stationary? (Gallery, Halloween, Museum, Post-office, Snowman) I just want to catalog them :) That would complete my stationary collection

Quick question guys. I got into the series with New Leaf, and I was thinking of buying Wild World DS. Is that a good idea?
In my opinion, no. Wild World has next to nothing that New Leaf doesn't already have. I went back some months ago to see how it held up in comparison to New Leaf, and it was pretty bad. Everything was so slow, and the graphics are less than desirable :p I definitely wouldn't recommend it. If you find it for cheap and want to try it, sure, but New Leaf is so much better in every way

zigg

Quick question guys. I got into the series with New Leaf, and I was thinking of buying Wild World DS. Is that a good idea?
Echoing MicH, as someone who played the ever-loving crap out of Wild World—no sense going backwards. New Leaf is the greatest AC and you'll just suffer looking back.

(not to mention that Wild World also seemed somewhat unfinished)

Echoing MicH, as someone who played the ever-loving crap out of Wild World—no sense going backwards. New Leaf is the greatest AC and you'll just suffer looking back.

(not to mention that Wild World also seemed somewhat unfinished)

Oh..reminded me that it had fake holidays instead of real ones as well =/

Yeah don't bother with WW, the amount of improvements NL has made from it will make it feel, like Zigg said, unfinished.

Zing

Banned
I got the QR code machine. Is there a way to add scanned patterns to the clothes in the able sisters shop? The pattern I scanned is greyed out. Sure, I can wear it myself, but how do I sell it to visitors?

Edit: wait, does the "pro" label somehow lock it from being sold? Are all scanned patterns labelled "pro"?

Edit 2: nope. Even scanned regular patterns can't be applied to clothes in the shop. Boring.

MicH

I got the QR code machine. Is there a way to add scanned patterns to the clothes in the able sisters shop? The pattern I scanned is greyed out. Sure, I can wear it myself, but how do I sell it to visitors?

Edit: wait, does the "pro" label somehow lock it from being sold? Are all scanned patterns labelled "pro"?

Edit 2: nope. Even scanned regular patterns can't be applied to clothes in the shop. Boring.
You can only put up your own designs in the shop, not scanned designs :/

Niraj

Have a gallant statue at Redd's today if anybody needs it. Also have a dynamic painting in storage.

Edit: anyone available for signatures?

Letep

Fellow Mayors & Villagers,

I got back into playing. I left off with just about 100 hours of playtime between launch and, say, last October. I missed it. I needed to go back to my town.

I desperately want the Lunar Horizon wallpaper. As far as I know, Sahara, is a random appearance in your town, and even then, it's a dice shoot if you'll get the item you desire anyhow.

Does anyone know of a good QR code pattern that's close, or, alternately, anyone willing to trade for it?

Your friend,

Mayor Letep

Niraj

I can open for ya.

Cool, thanks :)

I got back into playing. I left off with just about 100 hours of playtime between launch and, say, last October. I missed it. I needed to go back to my town.

I desperately want the Lunar Horizon wallpaper. As far as I know, Sahara, is a random appearance in your town, and even then, it's a dice shoot if you'll get the item you desire anyhow.

Does anyone know of a good QR code pattern that's close, or, alternately, anyone willing to trade for it?

Your friend,

Mayor Letep

Something like this maybe?

63c8cb3a727a1c16aa1b6fe74bf0f42f.jpg

I'll double check and see if I have an extra one. Edit: I don't, sorry.

MicH

Your friend,

Mayor Letep
I literally just sold one a few days ago because I was out of storage. I'll keep you in mind when/if I get another one

Your friend,

Mayor Letep
Oh man... I had Sahara today so I figured I'd have her redo my house today but no such luck. She gave me the mosaic wall. :/ I'll try again next week if you don't get it by then.

Zing

Banned
It's weird to see people trying to find stuff that I virtually trip over. Such as the Banded Dragonfly and the green wet suit.

MicH

Ooh yay! Just found the pink wetsuit! Thanks to Zing for trading me the green one, it means I only need the black one to have every wetsuit! I can find those anytime, so I'm perfectly fine with that. I'll save that for last. Only treasure chest and sea globe left. I'll then have every island item besides the mermaid set

It's weird to see people trying to find stuff that I virtually trip over. Such as the Banded Dragonfly and the green wet suit.
Well, I see the green wetsuit quite frequently, I just didn't want to waste another 40 medals for it when I had a double to trade :)

Zing

Banned
I have a spare mermaid wallpaper in my retail shop if you want it.

I'm going for cabana stuff ultimately. I wouldn't even really bother with any of it, but what else am I going to do with medals?

My girlfriend wants the full set of Gracie furniture. Then I told her the prices. 125k just for carpet.

Zing

Banned
Nobody wants that gallant statue? I'm kind of surprised.
What? Where? Haha. I'll buy/take it.

I finally got my first piece of legit art. I cheated to get it though. A villager gave it to me as a reward. Now I can finally upgrade my museum.

I'm looking for yellow hibiscus starts, or any yellow bush actually. I have a "yellow garden" with a yellow bench surrounded by lemon trees and yellow flowers. I want to hedge it all in with yellow bushes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom