• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koomaster

Welcome back. :) My advice would be to start small. Instead of trying to redo your entire town at once, pick one little spot and make a flower bed or plant a couple trees. When you have it the way you like it, pick another small spot and do something there. Things will start to come together organically.
This is really good advice; just pick an area and work on it till you are happy then move on to the next.

That's pretty much what I did, started with getting the area around my house how I wanted it, then moved on to another area and decided to make it my camp ground. Then on to another. As long as you play a little bit every day and work on stuff, you will get perfect town status.

Since I don't think this game uses the acre system, getting perfect town status is easier in this game than it's been in previous games. With the acre system you had to make sure you had the correct amount of trees/flowers planted in each acre. It was kind of a pain.

MicH

zlCfzROUkqsHVftHJ2

My badges! Will add people now :D

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
So just to be clear, there is no real storage, just your pockets, and you let things rotate about as you find new things and stuff strikes your fancy?

Frogstep

Two days in a row a villager wants to move? Is that possible? Sally yesterday and Biskit today.

I had that happen to me last week. Prince one day and then Ribbot the day after that. So I guess it can happen, first time for me though. :p

So just to be clear, there is no real storage, just your pockets, and you let things rotate about as you find new things and stuff strikes your fancy?

There's a storage locker at the Train Station. Also, once you buy dressers and closets you can use those in your home to access your storage. All 3 share the same inventory though.

daripad

Hey, guy on the store, why do you always want to sell me the rod and the shovel? Everyday is the same tools I already have ¬¬

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Man, I think I over complicated the Mii issue but it seems I can't have a separate one on each system so 3DS friends, you're gonna have to say hello to my Mitsuba Mii.

Ulti doesn't seem to be on IRC at the mo so could I perhaps catalogue the big festive tree from someone else if it isn't too inconvenient. Gonna have dinner first so there's no rush.

Elija2

You can't post friend codes on Miiverse because the admins will delete it, right? So posting villager move-outs, turnip prices, and other stuff is pointless because people can't add each other.

Can someone open their gate so I can get signatures?

Ulti doesn't seem to be on IRC at the mo so could I perhaps catalogue the big festive tree from someone else if it isn't too inconvenient. Gonna have dinner first so there's no rush.

There's an extra one hanging out in my Retail. I'll pull it down and leave it in front of the train station so you don't have to wait for the order to come in. Just post when you'd like to pick it up and I'll open the gates for you.

Frogstep

You can't post friend codes on Miiverse because the admins will delete it, right? So posting villager move-outs, turnip prices, and other stuff is pointless because people can't add each other.

Can someone open their gate so I can get signatures?

I can open up for you. :D

edit: Gates open! I'll be away for a bit making some lunch. :)

Ultimadrago

Sorry bout that, was away from the computer. I've opened the gates and have it by the station.

daripad

btw my NNID is daripad if anyone wants to add me, though I already got the 100 friend limit. (I don't know how friend list works now though)

Elija2

I can open up for you. :D

edit: Gates open! I'll be away for a bit making some lunch. :)

Thanks for opening up!

btw my NNID is daripad if anyone wants to add me, though I already got the 100 friend limit. (I don't know how friend list works now though)

Miiverse follows are separate from 3DS friends. You can follow up to 1000 people and an infinite amount of people can follow you.

Elija2

I still have some unorderable stuff to give away. If anyone wants any of these just let me know:

creepy cauldron
creepy clock
jack-in-the-box
old wallpaper x2
forest floor
Ten Billion Barrel
Ultra Hand x2
Ultra Scope
love tester
Ultra Machine
mush lamp x3
mush end table x3
mush closet
mush TV
mush chair
mush wall lamp
mush stool
boxing-ring mat
skyscraper wall
western vista
western desert x2
sporty floor
office wall

SuperSah

Banned
I still have some unorderable stuff to give away. If anyone wants any of these just let me know:

creepy cauldron
creepy clock
jack-in-the-box
old wallpaper x2
forest floor
Ten Billion Barrel
Ultra Hand x2
Ultra Scope
love tester
Ultra Machine
mush lamp x3
mush end table x3
mush closet
mush TV
mush chair
mush wall lamp
mush stool
boxing-ring mat
skyscraper wall
western vista
western desert x2
sporty floor
office wall

I can has boxing mat? :3

Koomaster

mush closet
Mind if I get the mush closet from you? Was looking through my catalog and I guess it never spawned for me in Nov.

Do you happen to want the warm or calm painting for your trouble? I always forget who needs what.

Elija2

I hope you got the mush closet Koo because I don't have it anymore. I'm pretty sure the game saved before we got the error.

Koomaster

Not sure what just happened Eli, but I was catching a snowflake as someone else was coming to your town by train. After the error, my inventory was filled with snowflakes and mush closets. They replaced everything I was carrying and filled up my inventory.

zlCfzROXjRQTtsbRF5

I didn't ask for this! D:

Edit:
I hope you got the mush closet Koo because I don't have it anymore. I'm pretty sure the game saved before we got the error.
It's safe to say I got the mush closet. :p

Elija2

Not sure what just happened Eli, but I was catching a snowflake as someone else was coming to your town by train. After the error, my inventory was filled with snowflakes and mush closets. They replaced everything I was carrying and filled up my inventory.

zlCfzROXjRQTtsbRF5

I didn't ask for this! D:

Edit:It's safe to say I got the mush closet. :p

Whoa, that's really strange. I hope you weren't carrying anything valuable. And if only I were giving you something more rare.

Koomaster

Whoa, that's really strange. I hope you weren't carrying anything valuable. And if only I were giving you something more rare.
No kidding; if only my inventory were filled with crowns. :p
I guess this is how people dupe items? I dunno I was freaked out by it honestly.

I lost those two paintings I was talking about (no biggie since I didn't need them), and lost my silver net which can be replaced at the museum eventually. Also lost my golden watering can - but I just had an alt talk to Isabelle and received a replacement. Was also carrying a random shirt and hat so no huge losses. :)

Frogstep

Tomorrow is when the snow will start to settle and we'll be able to make the snowmen, right? Wanna collect some snowflakes for then.

zigg

Tomorrow is when the snow will start to settle and we'll be able to make the snowmen, right? Wanna collect some snowflakes for then.
If it doesn't you'll be like me with three snowflakes stuck in your pocket that you can't store and can only sell AHHHHHH

Elija2

I guess this is how people dupe items? I dunno I was freaked out by it honestly.

I lost those two paintings I was talking about (no biggie since I didn't need them), and lost my silver net which can be replaced at the museum eventually. Also lost my golden watering can - but I just had an alt talk to Isabelle and received a replacement. Was also carrying a random shirt and hat so no huge losses. :)

Phew, it's a good thing golden watering cans are easy to get back. If it were a golden net/rod, imagine having to catch every bug/fish again to get it back.

Frogstep

If it doesn't you'll be like me with three snowflakes stuck in your pocket that you can't store and can only sell AHHHHHH

lol yeah that's my only issue with that. But I guess it makes sense, you can't actually store snowflakes irl... but then again you also can't keep them in your pocket. :p

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.

Good thing you didn't lose anything irreplaceable :) that would've been awful

Linius

Hmm, three pages since I last checked the thread. Miiverse has it's impact apparently. I have no idea what it's all about. But I can also get a NNID now? I have to look into this :p

Animekatt

Glad everything worked out! I didn't even know you could regain your golden water can back.

Koomaster

Oh yeah I just remembered...
tumblr_mxm2loYDfS1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

I lost all the gold bars I 'found' while I was in Eli's house. :(
Also lost all this other stuff I 'liberated' while I was visiting...

tumblr_mxm2tsDge61swqxw3o1_400.jpg
tumblr_mxm2r7UBNG1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

tumblr_mxm2sg7TZ01swqxw3o1_400.jpg

SuperSah

Banned
Hmm, three pages since I last checked the thread. Miiverse has it's impact apparently. I have no idea what it's all about. But I can also get a NNID now? I have to look into this :p

Yup! Install the update, access Miiverse and go from there. :)

You should see the New Leaf Miiverse community. It get flooded every second. Such a warm feeling!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom