• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.
After checking pretty much all of the community 3DS pages the Animal Crossing one is without a doubt the most active and filled with the screenshots. It's really enjoyable on a computer to check out Miiverse.

milkham

Mind if I get the mush closet from you? Was looking through my catalog and I guess it never spawned for me in Nov.

Do you happen to want the warm or calm painting for your trouble? I always forget who needs what.

koomeister! can i have that warm painting? i can trade you a perfect painting, a scenic painting, or my undying love and admiration.

Since snowpeople season is upon us (tomorrow into February), here's a helpful guide (with pictures) from Tumblr user bidoofcrossing that shows the different sizes of snowballs you need to roll to build each of the four snowpersons. It also explains how to receive their gifts.

Note: This guide was written from the Japanese version of the game so the translated names are a bit different (official NA translations are second). They're listed in order from smallest to biggest.

tumblr_mftyrwaqB31s1lku3o1_250.png
tumblr_mftyrwaqB31s1lku3o2_r1_250.png

tumblr_mftyrwaqB31s1lku3o3_250.png
tumblr_mftyrwaqB31s1lku3o4_250.png

In summary:

Snowbaby/Snowtyke: Rewards you with a gift only after you've completed the other 3 perfectly.

Snowman/Snowboy: Must be perfect in order to receive a piece from the Snowman Series in the mail the next day. Make him incorrectly and you get nothing.

Snowmama/Snowmam: Make her perfectly and she'll ask for 3 snowflakes in exchange for a piece from the Ice Series Make her imperfectly and she'll ask for 5. You can give her as many snowflakes per day as you wish.

Snowpapa/Snowman: Asks you to play bingo. Each day, he gives you a different number and you check it off if it matches your card. You may have more than one snowpapa/snowman in your town and you can also visit other towns to check off numbers. Make bingo and he'll give you a piece from the Ski Series.

Notes:

These items can not be ordered from the catalog.

If you make a mistake building your snowperson, you can reset (quitting by using the home button) provided you haven't saved yet. Your two daily snowballs will move when you reload the game but you can start over.

Reese buys snowflakes for 500 bells apiece.

GAFfer Conrad Link: "I can confirm having a Snowmam in your town will make the catchable snowflakes occasionally fall in your town even if it isn't snowing!"

And, of course, Thonky also has snowpeople information.

I hope this helps some.

Koomaster

koomeister! can i have that warm painting? i can trade you a perfect painting, a scenic painting, or my undying love and admiration.
As I mentioned, that painting was in my inventory when the glitch happened so I don't have it anymore. Was replaced by a mush closet. Sorry. :(

Interesting stuff BPB. Time to make snow people then.

I take it the items you can get from them aren't orderable?

Nope, I edited my post to reflect that. Also added in small versions of the pictures. If people want to see large versions, follow the link to the original Tumblr post.

Chopper

My plan is to make one of each snowperson consecutively until I have the Snowtyke stuff, at first. Get that out of the way first before concentrating on the others.

Koomaster

[Snowperson Info]
Awesome info.

So it seems like it might be good to get a snowpapa made as your first snow person to get those bingo cards going. Also good that you can visit snowpapas in other towns each day to fill in the bingo card. I see a lot of train travel in everyone's futures. ^___^

Chopper

Awesome info.

So it seems like it might be good to get a snowpapa made as your first snow person to get those bingo cards going. Also good that you can visit snowpapas in other towns each day to fill in the bingo card. I see a lot of train travel in everyone's futures. ^___^
And alot of resetting! Snowmen were a pain in Wild World. A whole snow family is going to be a nightmare!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
There's an extra one hanging out in my Retail. I'll pull it down and leave it in front of the train station so you don't have to wait for the order to come in. Just post when you'd like to pick it up and I'll open the gates for you.

Sorry bout that, was away from the computer. I've opened the gates and have it by the station.

Thanks for the offers, but dinner ended up being spending an evening with the family. If this is too late no worries, happy to try again tomorrow if that suits you best.

Well finally posted a 3DS Miiverse post. The typical one eh.
iVQy8CIoOlpTe.jpg

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Wonder how difficult it's going to be to make snowpeople in the Kalahari desert I have going on. Hopefully I can just move the snowballs back and forth on the same spots :/

Animekatt

Wonder how difficult it's going to be to make snowpeople in the Kalahari desert I have going on. Hopefully I can just move the snowballs back and forth on the same spots :/

Just make sand people!

It's still sunny as can be in my town :/. I guess it's trying to reflect the state of climate as it is here in FL, since it's been in the 80s all week.

SuperSah

Banned
Since snowpeople season is upon us (tomorrow into February), here's a helpful guide (with pictures) from Tumblr user bidoofcrossing that shows the different sizes of snowballs you need to roll to build each of the four snowpersons. It also explains how to receive their gifts.

Note: This guide was written from the Japanese version of the game so the translated names are a bit different (official NA translations are second). They're listed in order from smallest to biggest.

tumblr_mftyrwaqB31s1lku3o1_250.png
tumblr_mftyrwaqB31s1lku3o2_r1_250.png

tumblr_mftyrwaqB31s1lku3o3_250.png
tumblr_mftyrwaqB31s1lku3o4_250.png

In summary:
Snowbaby/Snowtyke: Rewards you with a gift only after you've completed the other 3 perfectly.

Snowman/Snowboy: Must be perfect in order to receive a piece from the Snowman Series in the mail the next day. Make him incorrectly and you get nothing.

Snowmama/Snowmam: Make her perfectly and she'll ask for 3 snowflakes in exchange for a piece from the Ice Series Make her imperfectly and she'll ask for 5. You can give her as many snowflakes per day as you wish.

Snowpapa/Snowman: Asks you to play bingo. Each day, he gives you a different number and you check it off if it matches your card. You may have more than one snowpapa/snowman in your town and you can also visit other towns to check off numbers. Make bingo and he'll give you a piece from the Ski Series.

These items can not be ordered from the catalog.

And, of course, Thonky also has snowpeople information.

I hope this helps some.

I love that each season brings along its own events, sets and occurrences.

Can't wait till snow tomorrow! :D

Niraj

Just make sand people!

It's still sunny as can be in my town :/. I guess it's trying to reflect the state of climate as it is here in FL, since it's been in the 80s all week.

God, I just wanted you to shut up for the first comment but then I kept reading and it got worse. Currently 19 feels like 8 outside here -_-

Linius

Just make sand people!

Now I have to go look up a converter to know what temperatures you're talking about. Why didn't the world just decide to use the same definitions for temperature, weight, height etc. :O

Now I have to go look up a converter to know what temperatures you're talking about. Why didn't the world just decide to use the same terms for temperature, weight, height etc. :O

It's summer in Kattland. :( While the rest of us are being buried under snow, sleet, and ice.

Koomaster

At least snowballs won't break if you roll them over non-snow, they just get smaller.

My advice is just to find the snowballs in your town and kick them to a spot that has snow. You can roll snowballs in tight circles once they get large enough. Hopefully you will be okay.

Linius

It's summer in Kattland. :( While the rest of us are being buried under snow, sleet, and ice.

Yeah, I checked it. Well FL is probably Florida then so I shouldn't be surprised.

Over here it's pretty damn cold. I just watched a game of football that took place in Turkey and they stopped the game because of the snow and hail making it impossible to keep the match going :p

Animekatt

God, I just wanted you to shut up for the first comment but then I kept reading and it got worse. Currently 19 feels like 8 outside here -_-

Don't despair! I'll make sand ppl too!
At the beach

Now I have to go look up a converter to know what temperatures you're talking about. Why didn't the world just decide to use the same definitions for temperature, weight, height etc. :O

It was 85F today, which is 29.4C.

At least snowballs won't break if you roll them over non-snow, they just get smaller.

My advice is just to find the snowballs in your town and kick them to a spot that has snow. You can roll snowballs in tight circles once they get large enough. Hopefully you will be okay.

He has more space than he realizes. And friends who have already invited him over for snowperson building. ;)

Niraj

I'll manage, I just like griping :)

He has more space than he realizes. And friends who have already invited him over for snowperson building. ;)

:D of course

Don't let him come over. Let him make sand people with Muffy. :p

>:eek:

Yeah, I checked it. Well FL is probably Florida then so I shouldn't be surprised.

Over here it's pretty damn cold. I just watched a game of football that took place in Turkey and they stopped the game because of the snow and hail making it impossible to keep the match going :p

Here it's -7.22 C feels like -13.33 C :(

suzu

Seems like they restored my Miiverse profile. Dunno if I want to test Nintendo's admins again.. haha. :p

Here's my meager medals collection.

7iDbHhF.jpg

Elija2

Going through the Animal Crossing Miiverse community is hard because there are new posts every second! I guess that's good though because you'll never run out of posts to see. So many people trying to share friend codes too. Since there's no friend requests on 3DS they should at least let us do that.

Also I just noticed that you put that I have a Wii U even though that's not the case.

Koomaster

For my own confirmation (because I am dumb) if I added someone on the Wii-U as a friend and they do not own a Wii-U, does that mean that I am following them on miiverse? Or do I have to go through on Miiverse and search for people and follow them there if they don't have a Wii-U?

Edit: I just went through the list again and followed everyone on Miiverse3DS as well. I think I will just stick to doing that since I don't play much Wii-U.

chunk3rvd

Fuck you Chopper! That picture you just posted on Miiverse depresses me :/ I have a massive patch of orange cosmos that I've watered for months and I don't have a single black cosmos. Every bit of my town is covered in flowers designed to produce hybrids yet I also don't have a single black pansy or blue rose. To make matters worse, the single red coronation I received at the start of the game has never spawned another flower and the other day I forgot to water it so now I have none :(

Velcro Fly

Just got O' Hare's picture! And to think I was about ready to let him move out!

His picture can go up next to Samson's in my newly designed town hall of fame room.

It's a Christmas miracle.

Maybe an asterisk or something in front?
Will take up that suggestion, basically will edit out new NNID every 100 post on the thread.
Going through the Animal Crossing Miiverse community is hard because there are new posts every second! I guess that's good though because you'll never run out of posts to see. So many people trying to share friend codes too. Since there's no friend requests on 3DS they should at least let us do that.

Also I just noticed that you put that I have a Wii U even though that's not the case.

Ah probs got you mixed up when sorting it out will correct it.
Don't forget me, guys!

Diggeh NNID: Diggeh

I draw lots of fun doodles as well. SwapNoteGAF can vouch for me. :)
Hi all. I've added everyone in this post. NNID = LordHelmet (Wii U & 3DS). Thanks!

Adding both next post, with updated list.

How do I find the link to the screenshot I posted on Miiverse?

Also, Billy. I have a Wii U. If that matters.

What browser are you using? I'm using Firefox so basically I can check the page for media files on "View Page Info" then just copy the image link.
Like so:
zlCfzRObMrAf-L2-tY

Added the Wii U part, it's just basically to show other Wii U peeps you can add each other as friends if you wish that's all.

Chopper

What browser are you using? I'm using Firefox so basically I can check the page for media files on "View Page Info" then just copy the image link.

Added the Wii U part, it's just basically to show other Wii U peeps you can add each other as friends if you wish that's all.
Chrome on my phone and Safari on my iPad. Neither lets me long-press on the image to copy the link. How annoying.

Edit: Firefox on my phone let me do it.

zlCfzRObV-M3XYvB59

Niraj

For my own confirmation (because I am dumb) if I added someone on the Wii-U as a friend and they do not own a Wii-U, does that mean that I am following them on miiverse? Or do I have to go through on Miiverse and search for people and follow them there if they don't have a Wii-U?

Hmm, good question. Did it prompt you to send them a request? If it did, I would imagine that it wouldn't work, since you can't add friends on 3DS' Miiverse. Easiest way to check is to check your activity feed and see if you can see their posts. If not, I would just look them up on your 3DS and click follow there.

Chrome on my phone and Safari on my iPad. Neither lets me long-press on the image to copy the link. How annoying.

Might be slightly annoying to find the link but try this out:
http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/view-source-codes-in-ipad-iphone/
Also try view source on your Chrome as well.

I will tell you that if you are trying to find your image it will be the code, for example:

<meta property="og:image" content="https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/zlCfzRObV-M3XYvB59"/>
Take important notice of the SS (likely means Screenshot), the code will not show what format it is. Using the code above I can get your image:
zlCfzRObV-M3XYvB59

Edit: Lol you got it going =P

Velcro Fly

Do villagers change what they want for toy day? Samson wanted something gray and now he's moved on to wanting a toy. I'm guessing he wants a gray toy. Do I have to interrogate my entire town again to see what they want beyond something of a specific color?

Niraj

Do villagers change what they want for toy day? Samson wanted something gray and now he's moved on to wanting a toy. I'm guessing he wants a gray toy. Do I have to interrogate my entire town again to see what they want beyond something of a specific color?

Yup, that's exactly right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom