• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robin64

suzu, your Miiverse profile comment has been removed by an admin.. :eek:

So here are my medals so far. I'm really slacking and way behind probably everyone in here... :(

zlCfzROQGiwYO84Xu6

(But hooray for bottom screen screenshots at last!)

milkham

Do any of you guys have a dark polka skirt cloggs or striped shoes? I know Gracie is in town but won't be able to play again until this evening after the 5 o'clock mail delivery. Does she care if dudes wear skirts?

Koomaster

So what's this Miiverse thing? I have a Wii U, does that mean I already have an NNID I guess. Do I need to link it to my 3DS now or what is the deal? What do?! Halp! Ouendan!

Roto13

Sure, let's post our badges.

zlCfzROSFZUJOhsCb8

So what's this Miiverse thing? I have a Wii U, does that mean I already have an NNID I guess. Do I need to link it to my 3DS now or what is the deal? What do?! Halp! Ouendan!

If you have a Wii U, you should already be familiar with Miiverse. :p Do a firmware update on your 3DS and the Miiverse icon will get added to the top of the bottom screen. Aside from that, it's basically the same thing as the Wii U Miiverse.

Mekere

Damn, it feels like if the swapnote was back again, it makes me so happy to see everyone! Because of work I can't handle long plays (I play 4 or 5 times 10 minutes a day) making it difficult to participate to any online events so it feels nice to be a bit more connected to this amazing community again.

<3

Chopper

You called?!

Update your 3DS man. It'll tell you everything you need to know.

Also, my NNID is ProperChopper. :)

suzu

suzu, your Miiverse profile comment has been removed by an admin.. :eek:

Haha yeah, I noticed. All I put was suzu@gaf. :( Guess that was too much outside contact info. I removed it and replied to the admin message (like it told me to do), but they haven't restored it yet..

Haha yeah, I noticed. All I put was suzu@gaf. :( Guess that was too much outside contact info. I removed it and replied to the admin message (like it told me too), but they haven't restored it yet..
Nah just leave out @ and you should be okay =) They're incredibly sensitive to the @ symbol XD

Any new NNID will update later the day, will be out.

Wolfe

This thread keeps moving too fast for me :p

My id is Foxwolfe, I'll try adding people when I get home tonight or something. In other news Merengue is finally moving out and is in boxes today if anyone is interested.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Do any of you guys have a dark polka skirt cloggs or striped shoes? I know Gracie is in town but won't be able to play again until this evening after the 5 o'clock mail delivery. Does she care if dudes wear skirts?

Still need help with this?

I have the same camper two days in a row? Am I missing something? The odds of that happening seem pretty low.

They really love you ;) I guess you have to let them move in now.

I think I got everybody who listed their NNID so far :)

Got a snow globe today if anybody needs it! Will edit in a badges picture in a second.

Edit:
zlCfzROTSo8mx1-dhK

Koomaster

Thanks for the advice everyone, I am updating my Wii-U and 3DS now.

In the meantime, if anyone here is a fan of Frozen; I made a dress inspired by Elsa's...
tumblr_mxlmyqt9Nq1swqxw3o1_400.jpg
tumblr_mxlmzwwaDe1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

tumblr_mxln19POM21swqxw3o1_400.jpg
tumblr_mxln2isKiq1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

tumblr_mxln42Eq1J1swqxw3o1_400.jpg
tumblr_mxln5i5Opd1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

Animekatt

I will be using that dress Koo. I still need to go see that movie sometime. Got a free ticket from using the Brave code on the disney website.

SuperSah

Banned
The Miiverse community for this is alliivveee and well!

I love it. Keeps me motivated to keep on playing.

Also, 3D blizzards are good. <3

Frogstep

Might as well collate this for AC GAF

I've followed everyone and have added those who have a Wii U to my friends list as well. :)

edit: Oh and list me as having a Wii U as well. In case people want to friend me on there. :p

The Miiverse community for this is alliivveee and well!

I love it. Keeps me motivated to keep on playing.

Also, 3D blizzards are good. <3

Yeah this is the greatest thing ever! :D

Koomaster

Okay, think I have everything situated.

My NNID is: Koomaster
Added everyone on the list thusfar as friends on my Wii-U.
Now, do I have to add everyone again on Miiverse on the 3DS or will this all carry over? I didn't see a place to add anyone when I loaded it up which is why I just added everyone to my Wii-U friendlist. :)

Also Elijah it said you don't accept friend requests when I put in your name?
Edit: Nevermind, it would help if I spelled your name correctly. No 'h' on Elija.

Robin64

Okay, think I have everything situated.

My NNID is: Koomaster
Added everyone on the list thusfar as friends on my Wii-U.
Now, do I have to add everyone again on Miiverse on the 3DS or will this all carry over? I didn't see a place to add anyone when I loaded it up which is why I just added everyone to my Wii-U friendlist. :)

It carries over. But keep in mind that for people only on 3DS, all you can do is Follow them, not Friend them.

Just carries over. Noticed people from my Wii U were on my 3DS already when I linked.

Which, I'll add people later when I get more time. I am... me. So I'm not too hard to find. *chuckles*

Finally caught a stringfish last night. Bastard had been hiding from me since the 1st. Caught up now.

My profile comment of "GAF: bluepolicebox" was taken down by an administrator. Pretty stingy.

I'll probably just do what I do with my 3DS StreetPass note - put CrossingGAF and if they get it... cool. And if not, no biggie.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
My NNID Mii is currently a bit different as I'm being extremely cautious about over writing it with my 3DS one.

Wow, Miiverse is so cool! Thanks for the tip about viewing the source, Niraj. Took me a sec, but I figured it out. Much easier than posting through the browser. Here's an image from Rayman I took:

zlCfzRM_sG0U-i-hRc

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Heh, that's me, Robin. :D

My profile comment of "GAF: bluepolicebox" was taken down by an administrator. Pretty stingy.

Hmm, mine's still there, for now.

Just carries over. Noticed people from my Wii U were on my 3DS already when I linked.

Which, I'll add people later when I get more time. I am... me. So I'm not too hard to find. *chuckles*

Well, I think I just sent you a friend request. Otherwise some other girl is gonna think I'm a creep.

Let's see if I am successful or not in posting a bottom screen picture...

Success!

Wow, Miiverse is so cool! Thanks for the tip about viewing the source, Niraj. Took me a sec, but I figured it out. Much easier than posting through the browser. Here's an image from Rayman I took:

No problem man. That looks fun!

Koomaster

I will be using that dress Koo. I still need to go see that movie sometime. Got a free ticket from using the Brave code on the disney website.
I haven't actually seen the movie either; haha. Hadn't paid the ads for it much mind. Then saw that 'Let it Go' thread in Off-Topic of one of the songs of the movie performed my Idina Menzel and fell in love. Going to go see the film Thursday with one of my friends. In the meantime, just had to make the dress she was wearing. ^___^

Makes me wish the game had capes you could design. Maybe for the Wii-U version they will add that.

nin1000

Banned
Well after ignoring the game due to the university as well as other games consuming most of my gaming time I recently came back to the game but ever since i started the game i never felt that my town was great as it lacked something special.
Well as i got some time in my hands now i wanted to achieve the goal of having the Perfect Town.
I read that there have to be met some conditions in order to achieve that but is there a guide for that somewhere to be found ?
I would love to start planting flowers and trees again but i lack the knowledge to let the town look good aesthetically ! Most of my efforts have not been very good as i had a good amount of flowers but they were spread everywhere and i had no paths and so on.
Long story short. I need some help GAF in order to finally let my small ugly town shine in the glory it was meant to shine :)

Elija2

Edit: Nevermind, it would help if I spelled your name correctly. No 'h' on Elija.

Oh no, there's an imposter out there (technically I'm the imposter since he joined first). I guess it's a good thing he doesn't accept friend requests since then you'd be following some random guy. :p

Well after ignoring the game due to the university as well as other games consuming most of my gaming time I recently came back to the game but ever since i started the game i never felt that my town was great as it lacked something special.
Well as i got some time in my hands now i wanted to achieve the goal of having the Perfect Town.
I read that there have to be met some conditions in order to achieve that but is there a guide for that somewhere to be found ?
I would love to start planting flowers and trees again but i lack the knowledge to let the town look good aesthetically ! Most of my efforts have not been very good as i had a good amount of flowers but they were spread everywhere and i had no paths and so on.
Long story short. I need some help GAF in order to finally let my small ugly town shine in the glory it was meant to shine :)

Here is a pretty good guide on how to get a Perfect Town.

Frogstep

Oh are they removing profile comments because of that? I was wondering why bpb and milk had theirs taken town. Just assumed they were being free spirited. :p

Koomaster

Well the first thing you will want to work on if you haven't already is that you need at least 10 public works projects. But they need to be nice ones. Things like the trash can or the drilling rig actually take away from perfect town status.

You also need ~120+ trees planted as well as ~100 flowers I believe. Beautiful Town ordinance will keep them from wilting, but if they do wilt be sure to water them.

No weeds, pull up weeds everyday (BT will keep weeds to a minimum), and no random items laying outdoors. So don't leave gyroids laying on the ground or shirts or furniture or etc.

Talk to Isabelle each morning and she will tell you how your town is looking. Just ask about Citizen Satisfaction. You'll know when you hit perfect town status by what she says.

Animekatt

I'm so in love Miiverse now. I didn't really pay attention to it when I first got my Wii U, but now that there's the AC community on there, I can't stop looking at the different posts/making posts.

nin1000

Banned

Thank you , will be posting some pictures from the current state of my miserable Town :D

Well the first thing you will want to work on if you haven't already is that you need at least 10 public works projects. But they need to be nice ones. Things like the trash can or the drilling rig actually take away from perfect town status.

You also need ~120+ trees planted as well as ~100 flowers I believe. Beautiful Town ordinance will keep them from wilting, but if they do wilt be sure to water them.

No weeds, pull up weeds everyday (BT will keep weeds to a minimum), and no random items laying outdoors. So don't leave gyroids laying on the ground or shirts or furniture or etc.

Talk to Isabelle each morning and she will tell you how your town is looking. Just ask about Citizen Satisfaction. You'll know when you hit perfect town status by what she says.

Thank you very much for that :))

Welcome back. :) My advice would be to start small. Instead of trying to redo your entire town at once, pick one little spot and make a flower bed or plant a couple trees. When you have it the way you like it, pick another small spot and do something there. Things will start to come together organically.

For perfect town status, there's a lot of information out there. And we can help. This link has some general parameters. And use Isabelle's town status comments to guide you. If she mentions garbage on the ground, pick up whatever's lying around. If she mentions the town is underdeveloped, build some more positive PWPs. The good news is that once you achieve perfect town status, it's very easy to maintain as long as you keep the status quo.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/animal-crossing-new-leaf/How_to_Get_a_Perfect_Town_Rating

Oh are they removing profile comments because of that? I was wondering why bpb and milk had theirs taken town. Just assumed they were being free spirited. :p

Yeah lol. To be fair, it does state in the rules that you're not supposed to mention other services like that so I was in the wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom