• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT6| Not So New Leaf

Since the update, I sold my town to make another, and this time I want to upgrade the shop to the Emporium for the first time. I've already spent over 100,000 bells in T.I.Y. a few days ago and it's been about 11 days since it opened, but I still have yet to see Gracie the Giraffe. I just have to wait for her to pop up randomly?

Frogstep

Since the update, I sold my town to make another, and this time I want to upgrade the shop to the Emporium for the first time. I've already spent over 100,000 bells in T.I.Y. a few days ago and it's been about 11 days since it opened, but I still have yet to see Gracie the Giraffe. I just have to wait for her to pop up randomly?

Yup, that's exactly what you have to do. It sucks lol.

Robin64

Happy New Year, everyone! Don't forget to go grab your zodiac rooster from Isabelle in the Plaza.

Your next chance to get it (100% legit of course) will be in 2029.

Unicorn

Anyone with the Hopkins RV card mind letting me visit sometime so I can snag that giant game boy? :p

I gifted the packs to various friends and family this year for christmas and my best friend got Hopkins. I ordered the 3DS, WiiU, and Giant Gameboy, but I realized I don't want the giant gameboy after all. HMU when you're free and I can pass it along.

Also, Drago is moving from my town on the 11th. Badass dragon dude wearing a SalsaShark designed t-shirt. Surely a collectible!

I just realized I can do the Amiibo thing if I get the RFC reader.

Which Amiibo/card thingys should I get?

Do those Amiibo cards work any differently than Amiibo themselves?

Are the cards/figures region free?

Happy New Year, everyone! Don't forget to go grab your zodiac rooster from Isabelle in the Plaza.

Your next chance to get it (100% legit of course) will be in 2029.

:O

Time to time travel I guess.

I just realized I can do the Amiibo thing if I get the RFC reader.

Which Amiibo/card thingys should I get?

Do those Amiibo cards work any differently than Amiibo themselves?

Are the cards/figures region free?

You can get whatever Amiibo cards you like since they come in blind packs. Amiibo cards allow you to move any villager into your town as long as you have their card. The Amiibo statues, depending on which one you have, allow that character to bring their RV into the campground and you can buy items from their catalog, some you can even ask to come move into your village, like Wolf Link.

I believe they're all region free. There's a post somewhere on imgur/reddit that details what every single Amiibo statue does, don't have it handy currently.

Frogstep

I gifted the packs to various friends and family this year for christmas and my best friend got Hopkins. I ordered the 3DS, WiiU, and Giant Gameboy, but I realized I don't want the giant gameboy after all. HMU when you're free and I can pass it along.

Also, Drago is moving from my town on the 11th. Badass dragon dude wearing a SalsaShark designed t-shirt. Surely a collectible!

That'd be killer and much appreciated. I'm good if you wanna come over and drop it off or I can go pick it up, either way works.

piggychan

decided to kick out Patty and move one of my amiibos into town.

WVW69j9mSAE585HLfU

LoveCake

Yes to a point, I have two palms at the bottom of the island and then three up each side, then two trees in the middle.

You will still have lower value bugs on the trees anyway and I don't know what the ratio is on what decides to land, but the more trees the more chance of a bug landing, with just two you may just get low value bugs, I have sometimes had a rare bug on every other tree as I have walked around, but I just walk slowly around the island, also have a fishing rod with you in-case you see a shark as they have a high value as well, the best thing is to learn to walk slowly and also gauge the distance when casting your net.

Once you have paid off your house and all the extensions it's not worth doing other than a couple of times, depends on how rich you want to be though, but yes that guide will work, but to me it leave the island looking to barren.

WOW!

I grabbed the two fortune cookies for the day, just opened them up, fortunes 51 & 57...

BOTH a Wii U AND New Nintendo 3DS!

I was convinced I wouldn't get either!

bumpkin

decided to kick out Patty and move one of my amiibos into town.

WVW69j9mSAE585HLfU
How do you kick people out? Do you just report a problem citizen to Isabelle?

I'm still trying to finish collecting all of the fossils for the museum, and it seems like I am never going to get an Ankylosaurus head or a T-Rex tail. Does anyone have an extra of either?

I'm still trying to finish collecting all of the fossils for the museum, and it seems like I am never going to get an Ankylosaurus head or a T-Rex tail. Does anyone have an extra of either?

Yeah this would be good to know. I also have no idea where you would go in your town to import Amiibo to move them in?

Unicorn

Yeah this would be good to know. I also have no idea where you would go in your town to import Amiibo to move them in?
Did you get the lamp from the ghost Wisp? Use that item in your house and scan the amiibo then walk to the RV campsite and talk to the animal to have them move in.

You can scan in an Amiibo card or statue (statue's vary on whether they can move-in or not) via the Magic Lamp and you can just boot someone out that way and have the villager on the card or statue move in.

If I find either of those fossils, I will ping you here and hold them for you.

piggychan

yup you need to have the magic lamp in your possession. I'm pretty sure any of the new welcome amiibo card / hello kitty card pack and compatible related amiibos that bring up their respective characters, once you invite them into the camping grounds, The grounds that has harvey there. Once they have parked their RV's you can talk to that amiibo character and an option for them to move in will appear and should you already have 10 villagers in your town then a dialogue asking you to move out which villager will also present itself.

piggychan

Select from whatever amiibos you have that are compatible with ACNL welcome amiibo.
Here's my personal collection of them:

Locate your magical lamp and give it a rub.
WVW69j-i454UodNjzk

from your choice amiibo place one and load it up only 1 per day.

WVW69j-i50kuKqYcBs

ask them to come and play with ya.
WVW69j-i6IMGu3ihwK

Once you've asked your amiibo to come visit at the camping site
WVW69j-i7rQJXub3tH

talk to your visitor
WVW69j-i8B4Lei4YY7

a dialogue option will appear
WVW69j-i8R8qZafuRm

AYMHAAADAAB2V0fo5l6kuA

uh oh so I have reached a max limit of 10 villagers..
WVW69j-i8noQkd0cMr

Omg I can choose who to kick out?!

WVW69j-i8_IfbQleeJ

select who you wanna boot out
WVW69j-i9QEBhSDMiS

After a few days the old villager will move out and a new one will have taken it's place. The downside to this is that you cannot order stuff from their RV once they have moved in your town.

I'm used to tolerating my citizens who do nothing to contribute to my town and just needlessly ask me to fetch them shit, but one citizen today had the audacity to say that he didn't like my native Orange fruits, that I should go to ANOTHER DAMN TOWN to fetch him A STUPID CHERRY. Really asshole? Go to another different person's town just to fetch you a damn fruit? Nice of you to think I know people that play ACNL ;_;

Anyway, some recent stuff:

- Started doing the swimsuit trick for PWP farming a week ago and it's been working pretty good, still hoping for a Modern Bridge and Police Station suggestion. Also realized that I have two Uchi neighbors, so started being friendly so they stick around to give their PWP suggestions.

- The funds I had from selling my first town are starting to get low, might have to start farming creatures on the island, shove em all in a locker, and use bell boom to sell them in a day.

- Day 20 of T.I.Y. being open, only seen Gracie once ;_;

Questions on the Amiibo Cards:
What's the true benefit of them? Just being able to move whoever you want in as a resident?
If I had more than 10 character cards, could I keep shuffling the citizens around?
Even special characters like shop owners will be full residents?
And when they move in via card, are they permanent residents?
Can I buy cards secondhand?

Questions on the Amiibo Cards:
What's the true benefit of them? Just being able to move whoever you want in as a resident?
If I had more than 10 character cards, could I keep shuffling the citizens around?
Even special characters like shop owners will be full residents?
And when they move in via card, are they permanent residents?
Can I buy cards secondhand?
1. The benefit, when only Happy Home Designer utilized them, was to add even more people to design houses for. The game itself offers a decent amount, but this expands things, and even unlocks items I think.
2. IIRC You have to cycle through 16 villagers before the internal memory erases a particular villager from its memory, before the cards were a thing I time traveled and knocked out 16 villagers before Cole was able to move back.
3. No, special characters stay special characters. However, you can still scan them with Wisp and receive items from them, and some special NPC's will camp out in your campground too.
4. No, when villagers move in via card they are not permanent, but if you have their card then you can always rescan it in after the cycle anyway.
5. You can buy cards secondhand, however some can be quite pricey. I've purchased a few cards just to complete my collection but overall I use the trade thread, it has helped saved me lots of money.

Hopefully all that helps.

javadoze

I finally got a New 3DS via fortune cookie. The accurate fortune and the timing of this made it all the more fulfilling (having not spoiled myself on it beforehand).

"Work long and hard, and good things will come to you. Eventually."

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I'm used to tolerating my citizens who do nothing to contribute to my town and just needlessly ask me to fetch them shit, but one citizen today had the audacity to say that he didn't like my native Orange fruits, that I should go to ANOTHER DAMN TOWN to fetch him A STUPID CHERRY. Really asshole? Go to another different person's town just to fetch you a damn fruit? Nice of you to think I know people that play ACNL ;_;

If you want the rest of the fruits just hit one of us up, we'll sort you out. Hell, just post sometime when you're playing and you can come grab some from my town and plant them in your town for the future, not a big deal.

Unicorn

I'm really frustrated. Been working on getting golden watering can for about a week and a half now. Today is a snow day irl and I wanted to hurry up and get QR scanner with alt character to get paths back in my town. Decided I'll time travel a day at a a time to speed it up (thought it was 5 days but actually fucking 10 of talking to Sable). Well, I'm a full week into the future now with QR access but no gold can. Wtf? I guess I'll just keep going forward?

I'm really frustrated. Been working on getting golden watering can for about a week and a half now. Today is a snow day irl and I wanted to hurry up and get QR scanner with alt character to get paths back in my town. Decided I'll time travel a day at a a time to speed it up (thought it was 5 days but actually fucking 10 of talking to Sable). Well, I'm a full week into the future now with QR access but no gold can. Wtf? I guess I'll just keep going forward?

You should be seeing a new Jacob's Ladders each day you have a perfect town IIRC.

Unicorn

You should be seeing a new Jacob's Ladders each day you have a perfect town IIRC.

Isabelle was telling me each day it was the best town with shaky text bubble for past week and a half. Just jumped ahead a few days (a day at a time). One time bamboo had grown and I talked to her and it was some bullshit, so I got rid of the bamboo and she said it was perfect again before I saved and moved onto the next day. If that counted as a reset that's fucked up.

Either way I'm pissed now because I skipped all the way to the 25th and nothing, but on top of that Beardo moved out without me getting him to alert me - walked past him every other day - and I'm fucking done. Chopped down all the bamboo because fuck those herpes and I rolled back to today's date. I'll just find some fucking QR paths and spend tonight doing that shit while I fume in frustration.

Fuck this archaic shit.

Aww yeah, got my 2nd (successful) Gracie visit and T.I.Y. isn't even 30 days old yet! Hoping my luck continues. Still farming PWPs, but no Police Station or Modern Bridge yet :/

If you want the rest of the fruits just hit one of us up, we'll sort you out. Hell, just post sometime when you're playing and you can come grab some from my town and plant them in your town for the future, not a big deal.

I didn't think about that before, but I was mainly pissed at how ridiculous of a request the civilian made. I do have a coworker I can get the fruits from when I bother to, but I will certainly keep in mind that I have the option to (GASP) socialize among fellow ACNL players here.

1. The benefit, when only Happy Home Designer utilized them, was to add even more people to design houses for. The game itself offers a decent amount, but this expands things, and even unlocks items I think.
2. IIRC You have to cycle through 16 villagers before the internal memory erases a particular villager from its memory, before the cards were a thing I time traveled and knocked out 16 villagers before Cole was able to move back.
3. No, special characters stay special characters. However, you can still scan them with Wisp and receive items from them, and some special NPC's will camp out in your campground too.
4. No, when villagers move in via card they are not permanent, but if you have their card then you can always rescan it in after the cycle anyway.
5. You can buy cards secondhand, however some can be quite pricey. I've purchased a few cards just to complete my collection but overall I use the trade thread, it has helped saved me lots of money.

After dwelling on this information for a few days and visiting 1 or 2 retailers, I have additional questions RE: Amiibo Cards (open to anyone of course):

1: Animal Crossing Amiibo Card Packs... they say they have 6 cards in a pack. Are all of them scan-able or does it only come with one NFC-capable card (and if so how to tell it's an NFC version)?
2: You mention a trade thread. Are you talking about a general trade thread or one for ACNL specific stuff? Never traded anything on GAF up until now.
3: Any good resource to see how much character cards are worth? I know of a few past residents I'd like to get back to my town, but I have no idea if they are really sought after or not.
4: When I scan a character in, they arrive in a RV before I ask them to move in, right? Can you buy their RV items with Bells?

After dwelling on this information for a few days and visiting 1 or 2 retailers, I have additional questions RE: Amiibo Cards (open to anyone of course):

1: Animal Crossing Amiibo Card Packs... they say they have 6 cards in a pack. Are all of them scan-able or does it only come with one NFC-capable card (and if so how to tell it's an NFC version)?
2: You mention a trade thread. Are you talking about a general trade thread or one for ACNL specific stuff? Never traded anything on GAF up until now.
3: Any good resource to see how much character cards are worth? I know of a few past residents I'd like to get back to my town, but I have no idea if they are really sought after or not.
4: When I scan a character in, they arrive in a RV before I ask them to move in, right? Can you buy their RV items with Bells?

1. You can scan any Amiibo card.
2. Not sure about a trade thread? It might be RIP, this thread or the Discord server will be your best bets to get a trade done.
3. Not sure.
4. I think all RVs require the use of MEOW coupons.

1. All are able to be scanned into the game.
2. There is a trade thread on GAF. I'm on mobile currently but I'll link you via PM or edit this post later. It's pretty dead at the moment but feel free to message me for specific cards you're looking for. I have tons of older series cards just sitting on my bookshelf. But the trade thread had been an overall positive experience. I did have one shady trade but that's one out of the 40+ I've made.
3. Hm, besides ebay and Amazon prices unless you collect the cards yourself there's not a good resource to use in terms of finding out the rarity of a specific card. I can help you determine that though if you tell me the villagers you're interested in.
4. You can purchase RV items with Meow Coupons. Scanning any amiibo card will give you 5 meow coupons a day and you can find out ways to get more through the menu.

I just got a T-Rex tail if you still need it.

Top Bottom