• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anime/Manga Community

Nani?

• WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • Muda Muda Muda!

Votes: 45 22.2%
  • B..baka!

Votes: 77 37.9%
  • Why yes I like isekai!

Votes: 8 3.9%
  • Anime Thor

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I'm here for the plot!

Votes: 37 18.2%

• Total voters

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
How? She was playing the game? Also it is one of the blandest "isekai" I've seen. The only standout thing about it is the voice actress sounding different than other MOE protags.
The part where she saves the village from the snake happens later in the series and the part where she wakes up can be treated as a prequel. The manga canon starts with Episode 2.

Cutty Flam

Banned
2237qpjitjx41.jpg

probably the two toughest sob's in the entire anime tbh, have to exclude Jotaro to say that though

Carna

Banned
i find it funny, Devilman Crybaby acknowledges the existence 12 year old gravure idols. and it's a netflix funded anime. lol

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
She's great, but Barbara sensei is the best.

9125118bf5728e8d5664e11ef3413f4db730996a_hq.gif

tumblr_o3p6dxJWap1s307p6o1_500.gif
Merry > Shihoru > Yume > random adventurer > megane

I wouldn't mind another season even after my favorite characters die later on and the plot turns to utter shit.

Wait no I don't want a second season.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member

Trash anime good OP #9001
I would pretty much reverse that shit.

Shihoru is probably more annoying than Merry, but she has the tit advantage. A rather large one.
You only like megane because of her tits but she's one dimensional and wears megane ew. The other 3 actually grow as characters and Shihoru has a reason for being timid. She's a good girl and her not bf is fucking dead! (heh)
Also why the fuck when you enter a character's name, the first suggested google search ends with "death."
Never google anything ever if you don't want to be spoiled to any domo.

:(

O-N-E

You only like megane because of her tits but she's one dimensional and wears megane ew.

Yes, plus she's a milf that throws her tits and ass at the protag the first chance she gets. Pretty cool.

Realistically Yume's the best. Great personality. Cute. Nice ass.

Megane is fine btw. Don't know why that's such a turnoff for you.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Yes, plus she's a milf that throws her tits and ass at the protag the first chance she gets. Pretty cool.
Cringe.

Realistically Yume's the best. Great personality. Cute. Nice ass.
She's a pure child! Cringe!

Megane is fine btw.

Cringe

Don't know why that's such a turnoff for you.
Joking aside, I don't mind megane in characters (if anything I don't understand why a fictional characters trait is that they can't see properly but I digress)
her hair is the worst thing IMO and I didn't care much for her or in the context of Grimgar. We really need more works like Grimgar though (or the end of danmachi s1) where
people aren't just OP and that they have work their ass off to achieve things.

zihfliD.jpg

xy2unnbccyq01.jpg

O-N-E

Is this any good?

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Is this any good?

Not really unless you enjoyed Nisekoi and Jitsu wa Watashi.

Guilty_AI

Is this any good?

so so, i suppose if you like old 2000's harem romantic comedy vibes

Not really unless you enjoyed Nisekoi and Jitsu wa Watashi.
Not a good comparison since that one is enjoyable solely for the face drawings

OK6W_koKDTOqqqLDbIoPApfX3VHCCRSVt0s0LrW7c-c

Labolas

Anyone else really digging Jujutsu Kaisen?

So far so good, I'm not that blown away by it but the setting is really something I enjoy. This, Chainsaw Man (manga), and Monster #8 (also manga)have pleasantly surprised me and are my favorite current shounen series.

The english translated name for it sucks though.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
It is being slowly translated by the guy that translated Babylon made wa Nankounen?

Cutty Flam

Banned
One of the most brutal deaths in all of anime, comes from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, and it's not even a main protagonist or anything close. Just an average dude, but it's amazing how they were able to make this so powerful despite only introducing the guy and then he's dead within a few minutes

Guilty_AI

Anyone know of comedic anime like Gintama where story arcs don't last long/ don't matter too much.
I'll try to take a few shots:
Excel Saga
Konosuba
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Humanity Has Declined
Hayate no Gotoku
(would recommend the manga more though)

They all involve parody and dark humour in some way, while keeping a relatively good/interesting story

Last edited:

CalmYe

Neo Member
I'll try to take a few shots:
Excel Saga
Konosuba
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Humanity Has Declined
Hayate no Gotoku
(would recommend the manga more though)

They all involve parody and dark humour in some way, while keeping a relatively good/interesting story
Oh thanks, I'll check'em out.

O-N-E

MAL has terrible manga database.

That's the wrong thing. MAL has that title too.

Actually, here. Baka has it.

A wallpaper i drew for my fictional NGE and SAO crossover
vmOMh6q.jpg

Bruh, the art is great, but you already posted it here.

Some crossover fanart from me. Had this in mind for a year now and finally got arround to draw the SAO crew in a fictional neon genesis online game

4dVgzXg.jpg

Last edited:

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Yeah, I saw that. Wish they listed how many Raw chapters there are rather than just how many have been translated.

MAL and Baka have their uses, but both are heavily flawed. Wish you could sort any list of manga from an author by release date and score.
Anilist does that but they wont list translated chapters

-Minsc-

For the one? person who cares about the Tower of God webcomic.

A month ago SIU announced he planning to have Tower of God back by mid November.

About a week ago he announced he's pushing back the release do to his physical health of his wrists. It's easy to overlook the health of the artists behind these works. I'm glad the fellow is at least pacing himself.

Top Bottom