• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ann Coulter has comments about Donald Trump's victory

Status
Not open for further replies.

sazzy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0asyXVCGSs

Summary:

She says Donald's stance on immigration defined his campaign from Day 1, and resonated with his voters, who directed pent up rage towards the Republican party (why he won the primaries) and the Democratic Party (why he won the general election).

She says, "We keep thinking about the poor illegal aliens, but what about the people who already live here?"

She says, "[On immigration] Donald saw a $1000 bill lying on the sidewalk and picked it up."

On Muslims entering the United States, she says, "There are billions of people in the world and none of them have a constitutional right to enter the country, and the President has broad authority about it."

Yeah that sounds like something Ann Coulter would say. Not too interested in actually listening to her as her mannerisms drive me bonkers. Give me a written transcript maybe.

Totakeke

Every one of these Tump surrogates have their own fantasy as to why Trump won. For Corey Lewandowski it was keeping the deficit in check.

Steel

Banned
I'm still in shock that it was never communicated that illegal immigration is literally at an all time low right now.

Yet that's the biggest issue of the day.

sazzy

I'm still in shock that it was never communicated that illegal immigration is literally at an all time low right now.

Yet that's the biggest issue of the day.

I don't know if its true, but she says that's misleading, because Obama redefined deportation to include people who get turned away at the border.

Steel

Banned
I think she might mean 'refugees' on a few of those points but hey- why be correct or anything...

Which is even more stupid because the Syrian Refugees we've already brought in haven't been responsible for any terror attacks. It's mostly just been people born here.

Steel

Banned
I don't know if its true, but she says that's misleading, because Obama redefined deportation to include people who get turned away at the border.

http://www.politifact.com/texas/sta...-obama-austin-says-illegal-immigration-40-ye/
Experts agree that some 11 million to 12 million U.S. residents lack legal permission to live here. In July 2015, when PolitiFact Florida looked into such estimates, Steven Camarota, research director at the Center for Immigration Studies, said the total number of illegal immigrants had essentially held constant in recent years, because the number arriving roughly balanced the number going home or getting legal status.

"Overall, the number of people trying to cross our border illegally is the lowest it has been since the 1970s." Obama failed to acknowledge both that in the 1970s, it was easier for people to make multiple border crossings and that the decline in border apprehensions began before his presidency. Generally, the flows of immigrants across the border correlates with economic conditions outside the president's full control.

Another Border Patrol chart lists the agency’s total apprehensions nationally since 1925. According to the chart, its 2015 apprehensions were the fewest since the agency reported 302,517 apprehensions in 1971, 44 years earlier.

It's Ann Coulter, you think she actually knows what she's talking about?

Apologies for the Double post.

Joe

GLfzbrr.png

HeySeuss

Hasn't Obama deported more undocumented immigrants than any President in like 40 years? Why was that never a counter to Trumps Boogeyman wall tactics?

Steel

Banned
Hasn't Obama deported more undocumented immigrants than any President in like 40 years? Why was that never a counter to Trumps Boogeyman wall tactics?

I really never understood why it wasn't brought up more forcefully. It was mentioned during the campaign, but it wasn't hammered on.

Steel

Banned
Trump said it during a debate and praised Obama for it.

Yeah, I remember that now that you mention it. I actually remember face palming. He literally brought up the point why his wall and deportation idea was idiotic to defend his immigration plan. And he brought it up like it was some kind of secret.

She says, "We keep thinking about the poor illegal aliens, but what about the people who already live here?"
This is an obtuse way of viewing illegal immigration, but you might be able to fashion at least some kind of defense of this view if you at actually cared about the people who live here....

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-obama-deportations-20140402-story.html

As Coulter mentioned in the video, starting in the GW Bush era deportation numbers started including people who were turned around at the border. Before that they were just sent back, but starting sometime in the mid 2000s they were fingerprinted and a record created so if they got caught again immigration officials would have a record. The numbers accelerated under Obama as border security was strengthened further.

So yeah, while technically you could say Obama deported more than previous administrations, under Obama the practice of immigration roundups at workplaces (sweatshops, farms, etc) stopped while that used to be standard practices in the previous 2 decades. Most of the deportations under Obama were border turnarounds or felons being sent back.

Steel

Banned
http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-obama-deportations-20140402-story.html

As Coulter mentioned in the video, starting in the GW Bush era deportation numbers started including people who were turned around at the border. Before that they were just sent back, but starting sometime in the mid 2000s they were fingerprinted and a record created so if they got caught again immigration officials would have a record. The numbers accelerated under Obama as border security was strengthened further.

So yeah, while technically you could say Obama deported more than previous administrations, under Obama the practice of immigration roundups at workplaces (sweatshops, farms, etc) stopped while that used to be standard practices in the previous 2 decades. Most of the deportations under Obama were border turnarounds or felons being sent back.

Obama made the claim based on border apprehensions(which have records going back to 1925), not deportations which are tallied separately. Which are at a low. Politifact rates his claim as true for a reason.

I was unaware of the fact that governments could only pick between illegal immigrants or its own citizens.

Republicans are so fucking slimy with the way they phrase their dislike for groups of people, between this and the 'wah my religious rights are being infringed' bullshit it's almost sickening that it's not branded as hate speech

Ashes

Banned
On the one hand, she should be criticised and discussed.

On the other, we ought to refuse to give her the oxygen of publicity. She's basically manipulating our emotions to profit.

I really never understood why it wasn't brought up more forcefully. It was mentioned during the campaign, but it wasn't hammered on.

Because neither Hillary or Trump wanted to acknowledge Obama was doing it. Because it would hurt both of them in the eyes of their voters.

Aselith

I seriously wonder what happened in this woman's life to make her the way she is.

Some bad shit, man. She has a childhood where she didn't want for too much and was able to go to a good college and was able to get a good job afterwards and made a good living giving her an entrenched sense of privilege.

/Shudder

Wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

I seriously wonder what happened in this woman's life to make her the way she is.

She's making bank selling this shit to people. She says shit to get people outraged the get on the internet and give her all the free advertising she needs. Someone reads it and chuckles and looks her up, reads a few of her columns and buys her book because deep down they feel the same way and enjoy having someone to listen to that won't make them feel like a racist for doing so.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
fuck Ann Coulter. she's the least sincere person of all time. watch her talk with bill maher or chris matthews and you can tell this is just her brand.

yes that makes her worse than people who believe this shit.

Chumley

Banned
This woman thinks we should kill disabled people because they're a strain on society.

I don't know why this isn't mentioned every time she's talked about anywhere, but people shouldn't forget it. She's subhuman trash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom