• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Anonymous" Vs Scientology : FIGHT

Status
Not open for further replies.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Karakand said:
I'd post an opinion but frankly I'm terrified of both groups even though I'm a member of one.

Sooooooooo I'll go nuke some popcorn and pour some drinks, y'all.

OMG, SCIENTOLOGIST. BURN HIM!

supercake

Haha, just when I think anon has started sucking, they pull off something like this. Kudos. Looking forward to see where this is going.

I_D

If Anon really wanted to cause havoc, they'd hack into the Scientologist celebrity's cellphones and things like that.

Remember when that happened to Paris Hilton and a ton of unregistered celeb numbers were sent into the public? People HATED Paris Hilton after that.

If a similar thing happened to other celebs, it might actually convince them to lay off the Scientology bullshit.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Isn't Anonymous the "hacking group" that was featured on that Fox News report with the exploding vans and "epic lolz"?

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
Kestastrophe said:
Um, when was the last time you hacked through 7 proxies?

Howdoistolepassword.JPG

Eteric Rice

Anonymous is probably one of the most interesting things I've ever seen on the internet. They're not a club or a group or anything, they're just a bunch of people who decide to do something because they're bored, or because something is fucked up.

If they can keep at what they're doing, they could possibly do some damage.

Why don't they take on some other whacky religions?

Like religions that encourage suicide bombings or religious that have clergy screwing young kids?

Eteric Rice

speculawyer said:
Why don't they take on some other whacky religions?

Like religions that encourage suicide bombings or religious that have clergy screwing young kids?

Probably because they keep recruiting the good celebrities. :(

What's the deal with everyone in "anonymous" (or "/b/" in the parlance of our times) calling themselves fags??

(sry 4chan newb)

Jenga

Banned
polyh3dron said:
What's the deal with everyone in "anonymous" (or "/b/" in the parlance of our times) calling themselves fags??

(sry 4chan newb)
Just a little self-mockery. They used to be called /b/tards in the past.

I_D

Cyan said:
No, I don't. Are they less susceptible to boredom than other kids or something?

The only way this lasts more than a week or two is if Scientology starts trying to retaliate. If they just ignore it, which they probably will, it'll go away pretty quickly.

They've been planning this for months.

I don't think they'll get bored quickly.

Hyoushi

On Tuesday, the founder of Operation Clambake, a non-profit organization and website critical of Scientology based in Stavanger, Norway, released a statement about the attacks by "Anonymous". Andreas Heldal-Lund was critical of the "Anonymous" groups actions, stating: "The author of Operation Clambake does not condone such activity. Attacking Scientology like that will just make them play the religious persecution card. They will use it to defend their own counter actions when they try to shatter criticism and crush critics without mercy." Heldal-Lund went on to emphasize the right of all people and organizations to freedom of speech - including the Church of Scientology: "Freedom of speech means we need to allow all to speak - including those we strongly disagree with. I am of the opinion that the Church of Scientology is a criminal organisation and a cult which is designed by its delusional founder to abuse people. I am still committed to fight for their right to speak their opinion."
This.

Xdrive05

We all win no matter what happens. To be honest, Scientology is the one organization that deserves to be destroyed from without, so as much as I'd rather not, I HAVE to side with the hackers. It's the lesser of two evils in this go.

No one else has the ability to combat Scientology because of all their goddamn litigiousness and influence. You can't beat Scientologists in the marketplace of ideas because they don't play fair. So neither should their opponents.

HotByCold

Banned
Hyoushi said:

Hello, Scientology. We are Anonymous.

Over the years, we have been watching you. Your campaigns of misinformation; suppression of dissent; your litigious nature, all of these things have caught our eye. With the leakage of your latest propaganda video into mainstream circulation, the extent of your malign influence over those who trust you, who call you leader, has been made clear to us. Anonymous has therefore decided that your organization should be destroyed. For the good of your followers, for the good of mankind--for the laughs--we shall expel you from the Internet and systematically dismantle the Church of Scientology in its present form. We acknowledge you as a serious opponent, and we are prepared for a long, long campaign. You will not prevail forever against the angry masses of the body politic. Your methods, hypocrisy, and the artlessness of your organization have sounded its death knell.

You cannot hide; we are everywhere.

We cannot die; we are forever. We're getting bigger every day--and solely by the force of our ideas, malicious and hostile as they often are. If you want another name for your opponent, then call us Legion, for we are many.

Yet for all that we are not as monstrous as you are; still our methods are a parallel to your own. Doubtless you will use the Anon's actions as an example of the persecution you have so long warned your followers would come; this is acceptable. In fact, it is encouraged. We are your SPs.

Gradually as we merge our pulse with that of your "Church", the suppression of your followers will become increasingly difficult to maintain. Believers will wake, and see that salvation has no price. They will know that the stress, the frustration that they feel is not something that may be blamed upon Anonymous. No--they will see that it stems from a source far closer to each. Yes, we are SPs. But the sum of suppression we could ever muster is eclipsed by that of the RTC.

Knowledge is free.

We are Anonymous.

We are Legion.

We do not forgive.

WE DO NOT FORGET.

Expect us.

Eteric Rice

Cyan said:
No, I don't. Are they less susceptible to boredom than other kids or something?

The only way this lasts more than a week or two is if Scientology starts trying to retaliate. If they just ignore it, which they probably will, it'll go away pretty quickly.

They've already ruined GoddessMine's life. I actually heard she comitted suicide, though I'm not sure if it's true or not.

So no, they don't get bored very easy.

pxleyes

Banned
Karakand said:
I'd post an opinion but frankly I'm terrified of both groups even though I'm a member of one.

explain thy self....in a pm.

Xapati said:
That spokesperson of theirs is a good speaker. That shit is scary.
They're trained to handle SPs in that way. Their mantra "Consider the source" is always used to deal with information not coming officially from the church itself. They will basically tear down any source with unflattering information about Scientology saying that the only correct info about it is the info that comes from the church itself. And that whole thing with him saying if you want to know about someone just ask that person? Everyone wants to put themselves in a positive light.. Why do you think companies do background checks when they consider employing someone?

Nash said:
I like how the Scientologist casually tried to get their second name, what city they are from etc. out of them.

The Scientology Character Assassination Department is probably drawing up the documents as we speak.

I found that very creepy. The BBC Panorama documentary had people using similar tactics under the guise of friendliness, you could tell they were just collecting information and keeping themselves aware of what was going on.

The Sky News video was great... the 7safe guy they had in consulting them on hacking had this smirk on his face the entire time. I bet he's a regular at /b/ :lol

I'll be pulling for the hackers.
What would happen if the hackers actually bring down scientology?
Ill have my popcorn ready.

Karakand said:

same as pxleyes.

HotByCold

Banned
my name is ed said:
I'll be pulling for the hackers.
What would happen if the hackers actually bring down scientology?
Ill have my popcorn ready.

same as pxleyes.

If they succeed with bringing down Scientology they'll probably get so high on succes that they'll start a war against the Vatican or something. For the lulz

Eteric Rice

HotByCold said:
If they succeed with bringing down Scientology they'll probably get sp high on succes that they'll start a war against the Vatican or something. For the lulz

Nah, I've heard that they might go after that crazy ass Church that ruined that soldier's funeral.

Wouldn't count on it for a while, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom