• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Anonymous" Vs Scientology : FIGHT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I just saw that Anonymous story on Fox 11... I thought they might have been just your everyday 4chan meme spewers who were all talk, but wow.

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
Is there any legal way we can support the hackers? They're doing the human race a tremendous kindness is taking on the Scienotology cult.

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
HotByCold said:
If they succeed with bringing down Scientology they'll probably get sp high on succes that they'll start a war against the Vatican or something. For the lulz

Is that a Freudian slip, SCIENTOLOGIST?

>_<

Zaptruder

Banned
Hyoushi said:

What are you? A scientologist?

Seriously. No. Not 'this'.

Freedom of Speech is all well and good. But you'd have to your head buried in the sand to not see that Scientology's sins extend well far beyond that domain of free speech.

It is been attacked as a malicious organization. It's not unlike the KKK; whose members spread hateful and destructive messages, which ultimately result in hateful and destructive acts, Scientology acts hatefully, and maliciously towards its own members and to any of its critics for the purpose of its own gain.

If it did not do those things... then there would be no quarrel.

HotByCold

Banned
Eteric Rice said:
Nah, I've heard that they might go after that crazy ass Church that ruined that soldier's funeral.

Wouldn't count on it for a while, though.
You have to understand how they think here.
They've always had the chance to strike small, churches but haven't since nobody really cares about small churches. Now attacking the Vatican, that's something that could make Anonymous immortal by remembering them as the destroyer of a major religion. Not that they will succeed but they might think it's worth a try.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Xater said:
Can someone educate me about Anon and this /b/ ? I have no idea what is going on. :lol

You've heard of 4chan, haven't you?

It's an anonymous image board that's modeled after the the Japanese 2chan. Everybody is totally anonymous and so the internet fuckwad theory is in full effect. With alias's you can still have reputation to uphold, but when you're anonymous, you start off with a clean slate every time you post.

/b/ is probably the top board on 4chan, and it's fill with some crazy shit. /b/ would use their power of anonymity in the past to do some raids, whether they were backed by morals or "epic lulz". Habbo Hotel used to be a popular target, and they even went after the "God Hates Fags" group at one point.

It's an interesting social experiment, at the very least. You'd be surprised at what people do as a totally anonymous collective consciousness. Participate and you may be surprised as to what you yourself may do.

That being said I doubt that /b/ is going to be successful in their war against Scientology. /b/ is pretty big but they aren't that big, and they can only do so many DoS attacks until they get bored.

Karakand

NomarTyme said:
Kara is dead to me.
pxleyes said:
explain thy self....in a pm.
my name is ed said:
same as pxleyes.
:lol I have a penchant for substance abuse and call the Roman Catholic Church the "winning team" and you guys think I'm a Scientologist?

edit: I consider myself Anon as someone that reads /b/ too much, not as someone that actually participates in campaigning. I lack the ability or attention for such things.

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
HotByCold said:
Ehhr, whats a sp?
Just a grammatical mistake.

In Scieno wacky cult lingo, an SP is a "Suppressive Person", ie: someone who criticizes Scientology, it's prominent members/staff, reveals their crazy cult secrets, or otherwise tries to educate people to the danger the Cult of Scientology presents.

pxleyes

Banned
Karakand said:
:lol I have a penchant for substance abuse and call the Roman Catholic Church the "winning team" and you guys think I'm a Scientologist?
I never said which side I thought you were on. Just wanted details....juicy, juicy details. :D You god damn So Cal HIPPIE! :lol

Wes

venison crêpe
Karakand is definitely not a scientologist. No scientologist would ever condone Sven as the manager of their club.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
I awat Habbo Hotel like attacks for epic lulz................. a corruption of l.o.l

lol also that Corey the kid who had that big party with 500 people has been getting death threats, i can only imagine where they are coming from :lol

Xdrive05 said:
We all win no matter what happens. To be honest, Scientology is the one organization that deserves to be destroyed from without, so as much as I'd rather not, I HAVE to side with the hackers. It's the lesser of two evils in this go.

No one else has the ability to combat Scientology because of all their goddamn litigiousness and influence. You can't beat Scientologists in the marketplace of ideas because they don't play fair. So neither should their opponents.
It's like that movie Munich amirite?

HotByCold

Banned
Xater said:
So the Fox thing kinda told me what Anon is but what the hell is /b/ ?
Hyoushi said:

Hello, Scientology. We are Anonymous.

Over the years, we have been watching you. Your campaigns of misinformation; suppression of dissent; your litigious nature, all of these things have caught our eye. With the leakage of your latest propaganda video into mainstream circulation, the extent of your malign influence over those who trust you, who call you leader, has been made clear to us. Anonymous has therefore decided that your organization should be destroyed. For the good of your followers, for the good of mankind--for the laughs--we shall expel you from the Internet and systematically dismantle the Church of Scientology in its present form. We acknowledge you as a serious opponent, and we are prepared for a long, long campaign. You will not prevail forever against the angry masses of the body politic. Your methods, hypocrisy, and the artlessness of your organization have sounded its death knell.

You cannot hide; we are everywhere.

We cannot die; we are forever. We're getting bigger every day--and solely by the force of our ideas, malicious and hostile as they often are. If you want another name for your opponent, then call us Legion, for we are many.

Yet for all that we are not as monstrous as you are; still our methods are a parallel to your own. Doubtless you will use the Anon's actions as an example of the persecution you have so long warned your followers would come; this is acceptable. In fact, it is encouraged. We are your SPs.

Gradually as we merge our pulse with that of your "Church", the suppression of your followers will become increasingly difficult to maintain. Believers will wake, and see that salvation has no price. They will know that the stress, the frustration that they feel is not something that may be blamed upon Anonymous. No--they will see that it stems from a source far closer to each. Yes, we are SPs. But the sum of suppression we could ever muster is eclipsed by that of the RTC.

Knowledge is free.

We are Anonymous.

We are Legion.

We do not forgive.

WE DO NOT FORGET.

Expect us.

Fusebox

Banned
I don't agree with Clambakes stance. Clambake is a good resource to educate those who visit the site but most Scio recruits are walk-ins for the personality test and so the best way to impact the 'Church' of Scio is to genuinely sabotage it. Sabotage the shit out of it, Beastie Boys style.

Yes, we are SPs. But the sum of suppression we could ever muster is eclipsed by that of the RTC.

Gold. :lol

NomarTyme

Karakand said:

edit: I consider myself Anon as someone that reads /b/ too much, not as someone that actually participates in campaigning. I lack the ability or attention for such things.
I was just kidding with my comment.

Hyoushi

Fusebox said:
I don't agree with Clambakes stance. Clambake is a good resource to educate those who visit the site but most Scio recruits are walk-ins for the personality test and so the best way to impact the 'Church' of Scio is to genuinely sabotage it. Sabotage the shit out of it, Beastie Boys style.
Yeah, I guess the media attention is always a nice thing. Will be interesting to follow this.

Tamanon

Banned
One has to wonder why they have such interest in Scientology but don't care about the actual radical sects of religion that murder every day.:p

Karakand said:

oh gotcha

:lol @ so cal hippie remark

Hyoushi said:
This.
Heldal-Lund went on to emphasize the right of all people and organizations to freedom of speech - including the Church of Scientology: "Freedom of speech means we need to allow all to speak - including those we strongly disagree with. I am of the opinion that the Church of Scientology is a criminal organisation and a cult which is designed by its delusional founder to abuse people. I am still committed to fight for their right to speak their opinion."
God, this is such bullcrap. The "freedom of speech card" gets pulled way to often around here. First he says it's a criminal organisation, and then he goes on to defend their freedom of speech. If it really is a criminal organisation, they should be shut down immediately, and that has nothing to do with freedom of speech.
And that's just the same for, lets say, the Phelps. There have got to be some laws they break with their ludicrous acts. At least where I live it would be dealth with pretty swiftly. They get sued, they're organisation/church gets banned for hate crimes/blackmailing/whatever.... and there. You never hear of them again.

Fuzzery

Tamanon said:
One has to wonder why they have such interest in Scientology but don't care about the actual radical sects of religion that murder every day.:p
Cuz they aren't on the internets and there's nothing anon can really do to affect them that much. I really doubt there's anon in pakistan or something, and even if there was, they wouldn't risk getting actually killed

Hyoushi

Souldriver said:
First he says it's a criminal organisation, and then he goes on to defend their freedom of speech. If it really is a criminal organisation, they should be shut down immediately, and that has nothing to do with freedom of speech.
heh. ok

Fusebox

Banned
Tamanon said:

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; the courage to change the things I can; and the wisdom to know the difference."

Woakes

The interest of the average Anon is bound to wax and wane somewhat but the core groups, the CotDC's and their sovereigns will just stir them up again with well placed memes on /b/ and hype here and there, basically footsoldiers on demand to them really. The duration and seriousness of this 'war' is dependant upon those core groups interest and determination ultimately.

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
Anon said:
On the planet Teegeeak born and raised in Volcanoes is where my Thetans spent most of their days, Being overpopulated and cool and all watching some brainwashing movies outside of DC8 making school Till a couple of Psychiatrists who were up to no good, started freezing aliens in my neighborhood, I got in one little explosion and my Overlord Got scared and said "your moving with the homospaiens on Earth, that planet with air" So I floated toward home but when I came near the Soul Catching devices trapped me like Ghostbuster gear. If anything I could say the in-flight movie was rare but I thought "nah forget it, Yo Xenu to to Earth if you care" I looked at my fleshy prison and I was finally there to sit on my throne as the Prince of the beasts with body hair.

:lol

Fuzzery

Woakes said:
The interest of the average Anon is bound to wax and wane somewhat but the core groups, the CotDC's and their sovereigns will just stir them up again with well placed memes on /b/ and hype here and there, basically footsoldiers on demand to them really. The duration and seriousness of this 'war' is dependant upon those core groups interest and determination ultimately.
Whats CotDC?

Flo_Evans said:
badboys2.JPG

Zen

Banned
speculawyer said:
Why don't they take on some other whacky religions?

Like religions that encourage suicide bombings or religious that have clergy screwing young kids?
You can't be serious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom