• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another 3DS Firmware Update!! (Themes)

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
(Had to choose my words carefully to avoid saying New 3DS in the title.)
Seems it just went live. Downloading now.

Andrefpvs

Is this the one that has theme support (and slightly changes the interface)?

EDIT: IT IS!!!!

Main changes for version 9.0.0-20

Update released: October 6th, 2014

• Users can now use themes to customize the design and sounds of the HOME Menu
  • Five themes are pre-installed and additional themes can be purchased from the Theme Shop
  • Themes can be changed by using settings located within the HOME Menu settings
  • A feature has been added that allows users to capture screenshots of their HOME Menu
  • The Nintendo eShop Title Information page has been updated to provide easier access to any available videos, demos, user reviews, and other information
  • Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/231/~/system-menu-update-history

Main changes for version 9.0.0-20U

Users can now use themes to customize the design and sounds of the HOME Menu
Five themes are pre-installed and additional themes can be purchased from the Theme Shop
Themes can be changed by using settings located within the HOME Menu settings
A feature has been added that allows users to capture screenshots of their HOME Menu
The Nintendo eShop Title Information page has been updated to provide easier access to any available videos, demos, user reviews, and other information
Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience

Themes!? Oh man, I thought those were gonna be New 3DS only.

Order

Probably just stab-
4ZG7aiQ.gif

THEMES?!

Jaruru

Can we transform 3DS XL to new 3DS XL with this firmware update?

XD

Themes will look great with new 3DS plates

Kriken

Is this the one that has theme support (and slightly changes the interface)?

EDIT: IT IS!!!!

Main changes for version 9.0.0-20

• Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience

FUCK YEAH stability, oh and themes, that's nice I guess

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Character themes are £1.79 each.
Its £0.89 for geometric themes.

New button in the top-left corner, give the following options:

Change Theme
Screen Brightness
Power-Saving Mode
Nintendo 3DS Image Share
System Settings

Clicking Nintendo 3DS Image Share opens up the web browser to a page where you can sign into Twitter or Facebook and post any screenshots you've taken. Screenshots can now be taken with the Y button on the home screen. Pressing Y+Up on the D-pad takes a picture of the top screen, Y+Down on the dpad takes a picture of the lower one. I assume they're full quality from the framebuffer, but I haven't checked.

EDIT: CANNOT BE USED IN-GAME. It only takes pictures of the home screen itself, NOT games, even when software is suspended

Andrefpvs

There is now a shortcut in the HOME settings menu that open the Website that allows you to share screenshots to Twitter and Facebook. Nice detail

Edit: beaten

You can also now use the D-pad and Circle Pad to get ANYWHERE in the home menu, including the browser and settings.

Seik

Banned
I'm all for themes, good news! :D

#Nintendoislistening.

#xenoblade for OG 3DS

Real talk, I'm hype for Xenoblade 3DS but I know it'll be a mess (Graphically AND the framerate, most probably) on the N3DS, so I can't imagine how shitty of an experience it would be on the OG 3DS.

Top Bottom