• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another 3DS Firmware Update!! (Themes)

Vylash

Free marketing for Nintendo. Share that Theme hype.

giphy.gif

rekameohs

Banned
The eShop seems significantly faster to me....

edit:

Is it just me or is navigating the eShop like 100x faster?

Holy shit!

not alone, haha

edit2: You can also use the Home button to get out of the eShop at any time now. Before it would give the "No Home Button allowed!" symbol waaay too much.

zroid

Banned
The Wood Mario theme says its bgm is "Mario Sunshine secret level" ... is that what I think it is? The a cappella SMB music???

kewlmyc

My SD card data is now corrupted and it's telling me to reset the whole card. Fuck my life for going digital only.

EDIT: False alarm. After selecting cancel and backing out, everything is back to normal. 3DSs are weird.

On a side note...I'd kinda like the ability to make my own theme via say the SD card, the update we got now is great, but I'd love to see it taken further especially if they start giving the Wii U themes as well.

TheOGB

Banned
I can already tell I'll frequently visit the theme shop just to sit there and listen to the music.

Thought I'd go nuts and start buying all the themes but I'll stick with black for now. A lot of these initial themes seem a tad too busy to me, even though they look decent.

daydream

Banned
Some of the colours look really good, Yellow especially.

The Theme Shop music is niiifty. Best system level tune that isn't part of Mii Plaza? Probably.

I bought the Hanafuda theme. It says "with a flower for each month" in the description which sounds neat.

The menu song is really great and moody and I love the art. 2€ well spent! Also, these sound effects are spot-on!

Wanderer5

Eh don't mind the link wall shot (was wondering if that was a different LbW theme, maybe nintendo should have shown a pic of it too on the store page). I like that the whole theme spans perfectly with all my stuff in a 2 line setup.

Drago

Don't get me wrong it still sounds great but it's definitely different.

I kinda regret buying it now though since Hanafuda is literally perfect and will likely be my permanent theme for the forseeable future lol

Zenaku

Just checked, and yes, it is true. Glitch?

Also, it's worth noting that the eShop got a makeover for game pages.

Yes, I was checking out the new pages when I noticed. I like the new look, and that you can see what other games players have bought (you could only see that info immediately after buying a game before) but I hope the lack of 3D screens really is just a glitch.

They're pretty much the only way to check what 1st party games 3D looks like before they've released.

Salsa

eShop is definetly faster

still has to do the whole slow sign in tho, so it's not really that significant.

also: all images are now 2D. it sucks.

Effect

How's the Link Between Worlds theme?

Was hoping the Skyward Sword (with Fi and Ghirahim) theme I saw after the update while the instructions were being displayed was available but I don't see it.

Wow, you people with your Home screens full of stuff. I dumped all the apps I don't use into a folder and shoved it off screen along with the System settings. I'm holding off buying a theme until we (hopefully) get a Metroid or even an F-Zero theme.
1390769_878801025465742_1035745734736074293_n.jpg

The notification of a notification is actually really handy.

Hanafuda seems like one of the only tasteful themes tbh, but I'm put off by the fact music plays...

Having an extra row of icons messed my organisation up :(

Drago

Did JP 3DS' get the update as well? I know they didn't get themes yet for whatever reason but I'd like to know if there was anything so I can go and update mine anyways

Joyful

the music on the gold polka dot theme is great btw

I looked at the other 1$ themes and it seems to be unique as the other patterns have a song called "chill time" whereas this one is "summer time"

gotta collect em all I guess

i could record it and post a link if thats allowed

I purchased the Jumping Mario theme, and I love it. I plan to also purchase the Zelda theme, and several more if other Nintendo franchises get some love. I love themes on the 360 and PS3, and I tend to change my theme to match the game I am playing.

TheCloser

Banned
Even Nintendo is in the business of embarrassing sony. Sony needs to move their OS development to NA because this is getting embarrassing.

Top Bottom