• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another 3DS Firmware Update!! (Themes)

Kriken

I can dig it

BzTiF1cCMAAeLUO.jpg

Also, have an easier way to export pics from Smash 4, so there's that. Just wish I could say the same for replays :/

I've got another small complaint in addition to the Zelda issue. Why pray tell, can I only upload one screenshot? I don't like to spam my followers, and I don't want to have to tweet the bottom AND top of my screen separately...

Mr.Fusion

Yup in the same boat....wish you could pick where it is centered.... will never scroll over just to see the cool art I have all my games organized nice on the first part....WTF indeed

I moved all of my icons over two pages so it would be lined up over the lake.

Usually I'd be all over the Zelda one but I think I'd rather just have a 'general' Zelda theme instead of one game (albeit a game I really love).

8bit Mario one looks tempting.

jblank83

8bit Mario one looks tempting.

+ Classic 8-bit SMB theme
+ Cloud on top screen looks nice
+ ? blocks for folders
- brown for folders is not nice looking
- Mario sprite is not well animated, large and intrusive

I have to say how classy the Hanafuda one is, again. Very well done.

Salsa

honestly like a lot of the top screen stuff was clearly not designed with any thought other than "this will always be white"

8jZRaJB.jpg

lots of border weirdness / aliasing / color matching

game title here:

SBBbcIW.jpg

even the internet icons with white borders.. it just doesnt look great. specially against black.

same with some of the stuff in the lower one as well. Specially under the top icons and icon highlight/border

its still alright, tho

Riozaki

Banned
Now I love my 3DS even more :D.

But why there are no digital codes for eshop in Amazon ?! I want to buy some themes and there are no eshop cards from where I live :(

Drago

So many of the themes look gaudy and kinda hurt my eyes to look at. Still ended up buying the felt-print Mario (mostly for the Sunshine secret stage music lol) and Hanafuda themes.

Upset over lack of an orange theme :(

marrec

Banned
Alright Nintendo you fucking got me. I downloaded a theme on my brand new 2DS before my Vita.

You see what Zelda does to me?

That Zelda music though.

daydream

Banned
Now I love my 3DS even more :D.

But why there are no digital codes for eshop in Amazon ?! I want to buy some themes and there are no eshop cards from where I live :(

It's crazy that this hasn't made it over, yet. It was introduced to Amazon.jp at the end of August (this year), so who knows.. we might get that option at some point.

+ Classic 8-bit SMB theme
+ Cloud on top screen looks nice
+ ? blocks for folders
- brown for folders is not nice looking
- Mario sprite is not well animated, large and intrusive.

I'm really digging this theme; I use 3 rows of apps, so the sprite is pretty obscured for me. The 3DS even plays a coin pickup sound when I open it from sleep!

Zenaku

Looks like I found another feature for Japanese 3DS owners (possibly everyone): 3D screenshots are now disabled on the eShop.

3D videos are still there, and the thumbnails on the top screen are still 3D, but actual screenshots of first party games (which were pretty much all 3D) are now 2D only.

jblank83

I'm really digging this theme; I use 3 rows of apps, so the sprite is pretty obscured for me. The 3DS even plays a coin pickup sound when I open it from sleep!

I do like the sounds. I use a full desktop view, though. So big sprites in the middle are distracting.

Jzero

I want something Zelda related but the current one doesn't look that good. Black looks alright but yellow looks better with the game icons and animations.

Lebon14

Black theme is god. And it's free:
NVkt2uK.jpg

o47N9o0.jpg

Too bad that we still can't take in-game screenshots though... -_-

rekameohs

Banned
Looks like I found another feature for Japanese 3DS owners (possibly everyone): 3D screenshots are now disabled on the eShop.

3D videos are still there, and the thumbnails on the top screen are still 3D, but actual screenshots of first party games (which were pretty much all 3D) are now 2D only.

Just checked, and yes, it is true. Glitch?

Also, it's worth noting that the eShop got a makeover for game pages.

Black is the best, and it's free. Plus I can't get behind the Zelda ones, because of how Link is stretched vertically on each one to accommodate for both screens.

Kolma

Got the blue theme to match my Pokemon XY XL Special Edition

Don't care for any of the current themes till they come out with Pokemon, Sonic, or Smash Bros ones (from the likely choices)
BzTisogCYAA6CKW.jpg:large

Top Bottom