• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another hint to Halo 3 Anniversary from 343i

343i just released "Halo Mythos: A Guide to the Story of Halo" an artbook about the Halo story. Quite nice made actually.
But then comes this pic:
YJVSqMx.jpg

It's John, The Arbiter and GS343 on Halo 04B which is the ending of Halo 3, they seem to have used the blur assets of H2A to do this art.

So It might be only for the book... but I honestly think this is another hint to a potential H3A for the 10 years of Halo 3 in 2017. Frankly H3A will be probably the most popular Halo remake and it will be a perfect opportunity to ship H6 beta with.

Source of pictures

Seems inevitable that they will release an anniversary edition. Crazy that it's coming up on a decade, I can remember the hype like it was yesterday.

Zeta Oni

Tbh I could see it. Gives them more time to work on Halo 6 while having a Halo game launch with the Scorpio.

On the other hand, how would this work with the MCC? Would it be a separate thing? DLC?

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Tbh I could see it. Gives them more time to work on Halo 6 while having a Halo game launch with the Scorpio.

On the other hand, how would this work with the MCC? Would it be a separate thing? DLC?

MCC 2.0?

EmiPrime

I know it hasn't been 10 years but Reach needs the Anniversary treatment a lot more. I'll still buy a H3A of course but priorities...

Fuck Id buy it, add it as a free update as an apology to the (still largely broken) mcc and im in, halo 3 is my favortie halo game and one of my top five 360 games. Near flawless...except for the butt hole level near the end.

Sephzilla

So this means they're going to give Halo 3 a new coat of paint and make Chief's armor look ugly in that one too?

I'm still salty over how ugly they made Chief look in Halo CE Anniversary

Also - I would be okay with Halo 3 Anniversary being a paid add on for Master Chief Collection.

Jawmuncher

Can they get Malcolm McDowell to voice regret this time? Regardless Halo 3 is like my least favorite halo game play wise since it feels slow and I really don't like equipment. But I would play it with a new coat of paint.

Sydle

It's a no brainer for MS. Would draw a lot of attention to Scorpio and Windows Store.

Would be an amazing form of apology if they updated the MCC version free, but I'd wager it would be a tremendous amount of work to properly fix MCC relative to a stand alone H3A.

jem0208

It’s gunna be a remastered campaign with a Halo 3 map pack added to H5 and some classic playlists.

The map pack will probably be free and also come with a tonne of reqs.

Daeoc

I loved Halo 3, but going back to it after H2A and H5; it feels really floaty and the aiming/shooting feels off.

Blur cut-scenes would be a huge step forward for Halo 3.

I loved Halo 3, but going back to it after H2A and H5; it feels really floaty and the aiming/shooting feels off.

Yeah, playing the multiplayer in MCC made definitely soured me a decent amount on the aiming in Halo 3. Finally understand the complaints some folk had back in 2007.

Zeta Oni

Oh that would be a dream come true.

Fix all the issues, glitches, and bugs. Redesign the UI so its not as horrible, add in anniversary for 3 and a new Halo 3 playlist with remastered maps, and that would be the "right" way to do it imo.

Ataxia

So this means they're going to give Halo 3 a new coat of paint and make Chief's armor look ugly in that one too?

I'm still salty over how ugly they made Chief look in Halo CE Anniversary

Also - I would be okay with Halo 3 Anniversary being a paid add on for Master Chief Collection.

His armour in Halo 2 Anniversary looks amazing though.

worried they mess it up

i actually like BR spread and it helps you live a bit longer than instantly dying when at long distances. they will mess up the lighting and art style for sure though.

Xav

Do we really need a Halo 3 Remaster?

The version on Master Chief Collection is a 1080p, 60 FPS Xbox 360 game and that's good enough for me.

I'd much rather see Halo Reach get the 1080p, 60 FPS remaster upgrade and then move on to Halo 6.

I'd buy it for a high price(on PC)

even though the MCC version is good enough tbh

where is the Reach remake thats the real question

Chris1

Always said H3A will happen. It's gonna sell really well for it to not happen, plus Scorpio comes out then, a H3A with improved visuals could help sell people on Scorpio.

Trup1aya

I bet they'd make the BR hitscan- which would be a gift and a curse. A gift because their net code for projectiles at long distances has been garbage. A curse because people will be cross mapping like crazy.

Jawmuncher

The version on Master Chief Collection is a 1080p, 60 FPS Xbox 360 game and that's good enough for me.

I'd much rather see Halo Reach get the 1080p, 60 FPS remaster upgrade and then move on to Halo 6.

I agree with this. I'm still salty that ODSY got the buff but not reach. You know the game that actually had chief in it.

I share your priorities, as if I was given the choice, I'd prefer to have a clean 1080p/60fps version of Reach, but I would still love to have a Halo 3 Anniversary, particularly if it also meant a PC version that could mean it would still look good 10 years from now. Then again, it would probably be UWP.

Not doing H3A will not have logic.
It's pretty cheap for them with this Russian Studio (Saber Interactive). This will also let them touch one of the last pillar that was made by Bungie (so redesign some stuff etc.) + H3 is the most popular Halo to date for fans and an entire generation of players that discover online MP with the X360... so it's quite huge.

+ It will have perfect sense for them too regarding the story as Halo Wars 2 is on the ark (so blur got the asset made already :) ) and Cortana H5 could think back to these H3 events in H6 as for example an introduction cutscene for H3A like H2A did. This time so the story could be told as Cortana H5 when you start H3A

Also on MCC today you play mostly Halo 3 (it's quite boring when you want play something else actually).

I think the best for them it's to ship H3A not with MCC but with a separate disk like HCEA; with all the maps remade with a MP ala H2A made by Certain affinity, which is in my opinion the best Halo MP today. They can put all the classic H3 content in it as well, compatible 4K on Scorpio (VR? with Halo :p ?)

If they want please the fans, they can remaster all ODST as well with firefight and blur cutscenes (ODST and Blur cutscenes :O__) it will not cost that much and will make an incredible package. So this and add the H6 beta.

2nd possibility is to fix MCC... and make it as a DLC, like MCC 2.0 (god if this would be amazing, I LOVE MCC so sad it's broken...) but I doubt this will happen as 343i seems frankly prefer turn the page of MCC. + Ship H3A for MCC will not have a huge commercial success I believe.

Also 343i please... REACH REMASTERED for X1 plz. It's unfair that this is the only Halo not remastered on X1 today...

LAA

I'd still buy it, but Reach definitely should be more of a priority for them. That hasn't been made on X1 yet, I know it is BC, but last I heard, it doesn't run very well, and I'd love Reach in 1080p/60fps on X1, if not fully remade.
If MS are just remaking all the Halos, then hopefully Reach isn't so far away.

Hopefully that MCC port means there are could be a bit more meaningful changes made to Halo 3 in a new remaster. Things like bringing out the FOV to ODST levels.

Jawmuncher

I'd still buy it, but Reach definitely should be more of a priority for them. That hasn't been made on X1 yet, I know it is BC, but last I heard, it doesn't run very well, and I'd love Reach in 1080p/60fps on X1, if not fully remade.
If MS are just remaking all the Halos, then hopefully Reach isn't so far away.

If anything I could see a Halo 3 anniversary including Reach if they want to sell it at full price. They already kind of shot themselves in the foot value wise with MCC. People will question paying 40 for just 3 when you look at the value MCC had regardless of problems.

Honestly a Reach and 3 anniversary pack would probably be the best way for them to get $60 out of people.

cakely

What would bet the difference between Halo 3 Anniversary and the content that came with Halo: MCC?

Halo 3 was by far my favorite game in the series.

Flipyap

I don't think that's hinting at anything. It was likely cheaper and easier to repurpose some assets to assemble this artwork, than it would be to order a detailed painting of a scene from Halo 3 if they lack nicely detailed concept art.
Can't really blame them for not using actual Halo 3 assets. That low-poly Johnson would stick out like a sore Johnson.

Top Bottom