• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another hint to Halo 3 Anniversary from 343i

OrangeOak

If it's real I hope it is for Scorpio and not for Xbox One. Also I hope it will have better art and sound than MC collection.

Jawmuncher

I would really rather a remaster of Reach added to the MCC myself. It's the only one I haven't played, and even though I have it on BC the performance is just a bummer.

But I'd also not say no to a Halo 3 remaster.

I guess that's another way they could do it. Release a new version of the Halo MCC with the updated content at retail while letting everyone else just add it as a update/DLC.

Along with a patch of course for MP

Halo 3 looks fine though in MCC. Remastering last gen games just isnt all that enticing to me. The Gears of War remaster was a real bummer. If they had just updated the frame rate and resolution i would have been fine. Also if this were to be true, i would love to see it as an add on to the MCC, and just ship it again with Halo 3 Remaster on the disk.

Leyasu

Banned
Hopefully the mp will be halo 5s with a big arse halo 3 map pack. Plus they go balls out for the Scorpio version.

I would be all over a H3 remaster even after all the bad will 343 has generated in the past. Halo 3 is that good. Reach too

Leaving MCC to die instead of fixing it and adding to it seems like such a huge waste. It should be the nexus for all Halo titles.
Yup. It should be the killer app for Xbox One, and it still could be...but it's dead jim

Akai__

Is Blur doing the cutscenes?

Definitely going to watch the cutscenes through as a movie if they do.

Hey Microsoft, Blur Halo movie yesterday plox. You don't need all the hassle of live action sets with them and can do so much more on a given budget with animation.

Nah, they would rather spend a 10 Million US$ budget to slap a name like Ridley Scott on the movie only for the movie to be very very bad.

I'd buy it if they made gameplay changes. Seems pretty unnecessary after MCC though. Halo 3 is the only thing people vote for on there, unfortunately.

mcrommert

Banned
I wont touch another halo remaster until mcc is fixed...this should be integrated into a rebuilt mcc which is also launched on PC under Microsoft's new pc ethic

Also with generations never ending MCC will be replayable forever...it is definitely worth it to do the expensive work to get it up to par

This seems unnecessary. They should just go back and polish up the Master Chief Collection. Bring attention back to that game. Once they finally fixed most of the issues it was great but the community surrounding that thing was pretty dead last time I checked in on it which is kind of a travesty.
My biggest gripe with Master Chief Collection is that they never followed through with some of the weird playlist stuff they were going to do. Also, the original plan was that once you were matched with a group you would go from match, to match, to match and so on with that group. Not the "well, the match is over, now get out" approach that they wound up taking with match making.

Terrorblot

Can you imagine if they released a H3A as an update to Halo 5, and in the same patch added Play Anywhere compatibility? THAT would be something. And with Forge apppearing on PC it feels like it's not entiiiiiiirely impossible.

I honestly doubt it occurs with Halo 3 included in the MCC. It was a remaster and not a remake like Halo 2A tho

Another history could be MS selling each Halo game independently rather to "forcing" you to buy the whole MCC like: "you want all Halos (but Reach), buy MCC. You want Halo 3 only, there you have it".

That would be awesome.

I cannot believe it has been almost 10 years since Halo 3 came out. It was one of the few games that I took a week off to play back in the day. It is also one of the few games I went to a midnight launch for. Halo 3 had the best custom games setup and game types out of any Halo game, Halo 5 is getting there but it is still missing things. I believe I played more custom games then I did ranked or social in the end. Good times man, good times.

Halo 3's easily in my top 10 games ever, but the MCC release of it is good enough for me. I can only hope that if we get a remastered version they don't try to change the visual aesthetic of the game. Halo 3 got everything exactly right for me. Chief's armor, the design of the elites, weapons and vehicles.

I'd love a PC port that isn't Halo Online though.

Dang, if this ends up true and turning out well and curated properly, then I'm gonna kick myself for selling my Xbox.

or maybe it'll come to PC hehehe

SpartanN92

Banned
I would never say another negative thing about the state of the Halo franchise again if they make Halo 3 Anniversary similar to the way they made H2A.

Seriously Halo 6 can be a colossal failure for all I care just give me a newer version of Halo 3 that actually has a good player pool and I will die happy.

MCC was the dream until they botched it :(

SpartanN92

Banned
Halo 3's easily in my top 10 games ever, but the MCC release of it is good enough for me. I can only hope that if we get a remastered version they don't try to change the visual aesthetic of the game. Halo 3 got everything exactly right for me. Chief's armor, the design of the elites, weapons and vehicles.

I'd love a PC port that isn't Halo Online though.

H2A was excellent about maintaining the visual identity of Halo 2... if they can do that again with Halo 3 it would be a godsend

SpartanN92

Banned
I wont touch another halo remaster until mcc is fixed...this should be integrated into a rebuilt mcc which is also launched on PC under Microsoft's new pc ethic

Also with generations never ending MCC will be replayable forever...it is definitely worth it to do the expensive work to get it up to par

Maybe a big fix/overhaul coming to MCC alongside a H3A and 4K patch for Scorpio?

I bet they'd make the BR hitscan- which would be a gift and a curse. A gift because their net code for projectiles at long distances has been garbage. A curse because people will be cross mapping like crazy.

Would that would make it similar in a way to H2A with equipment and an AR?

jelly

I don't think they'll do it, Halo 3 has great aspects but it's so of the time, they would need to mess with it quite a bit to make it attractive, more than a graphics touch up is needed. The field of view is garbage, the weapons are mostly bad, the feel just isn't there. My god it's slow now.

They'll do a nod to it in a multiplayer Halo 5/6 pack.

Bring back the god damn brute chopper!

jelly

At the end of Halo 2 the Chief was on Forerunner Dreadnought heading into Earth's atmosphere.

At the beginning of Halo 3 the Chief is seen separating from the ship as it enters the atmosphere and crash lands.

Not really sure why you would need additional content to fill that gap.

Press X to awesome.

Top Bottom