• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another hint to Halo 3 Anniversary from 343i

Of the Bungie Halo's, yeah, I think Halo 3 had the worst gameplay. Although Reach isn't far behind. Halo 3's BR is just so bad.

shit battle rifle, shit assault rifle (that sounded like it shot paper ammo), shit pistol..

If the guns were as visceral as Halo CE then it might have been the best campaign in the series because the set pieces are great, but man the gunplay just does not feel right

jelly

If they add H3A as part of MCC as well as an enormous patch to fix all the broken stuff? That would be awesome. Either way, Halo 3 is my favourite game in the entire franchise, so I'd be 100% in.

Leaving MCC to die instead of fixing it and adding to it seems like such a huge waste. It should be the nexus for all Halo titles.

I've been saying for ages they should redo it all and add H3A and Reach, fix it all, make it better, perfect it, release on PC too. The series deserves that. Change the name to Halo Mythic Collection or Gen 1.

6 games of the 1st era.

Halo CEA
Halo 2A
Halo 3A
Halo 3 ODST
Halo 4
Halo Reach Anniversary.

Given how much of a complete and utter failure the MCC was I find it hard to muster any enthusiasm if this were to be true. MCC was a giant slap across the faces of loyal Halo fans and veterans alike. It was like Battlefield 4 all over again. 343i much like DICE should be viewed with nothing but skepticism and incredulity.

Is MCC still not in ideal shape?

The issues with MCC were only ever REALLY with the PVP, but even that is mostly fine now. The main problem now is that while it's not overly difficult to get into a match it's also not easy. The player base is small enough that it can be difficult to get into a match depending on the time of day and depending on the playlist you pick. Trimming down the number of playlists would really help out.

EDIT: Also, for those asking, my understanding is that the version of Halo 3 in the MCC was an upres job than runs at 60fps (which is fine with me).

Halo 3 did things to me I didn't know I wanted done to me

Edit

They should make MCC a Games w Gold to get the player base up. Would never happen but . . .

jelly

The issues with MCC were only ever REALLY with the PVP, but even that is mostly fine now. The main problem now is that while it's not overly difficult to get into a match it's also not easy. The player base is small enough that it can be difficult to get into a match depending on the time of day and depending on the playlist you pick. Trimming down the number of playlists would really help out.

EDIT: Also, for those asking, my understanding is that the version of Halo 3 in the MCC was an upres job than runs at 60fps (which is fine with me).

The campaigns still have issues and aren't exactly hitting that 60fps all the time. MCC still needs a lot of fixes. Sure you can play them start to finish but that's bare minimum.

Halo 3 doesn't need bloom lighting everywhere, fog, haze and whatever else 343 wants to put in the way honestly.

Bungie on board and the halo world would explode (in my dreams)

Outrun

Really excited for my copy to arrive.

300px-Halo_Mythos.jpg

Thanks mate...

Just purchased it.

All your fault :)

I'd be there day 1easily. I wonder how they would do the multiplayer. Like maybe do what they did with halo 2 and remaster some maps and add in the full regular halo 3 maps? That could be cross play with the MCC possibly.

Or would they just slap the halo 5 multiplayer engine with remastered maps for the halo 5 gameplay. It wouldn't be too bad. Halo 5 is damn good in terms of net code.

Also I'd be interested if they would do the button switch between classic and regular. This is a 360 title and not an og Xbox title.

My thoughts are they should make Halo 3 Anniversary part of "Masterchief collection Redux". Fix MCC, pack them all together. So it's the trilogy in Anniversary form.

I'd buy Scorpio for that.

Kibbles

Will be good for Scorpio. It's one thing to take a two generation old Xbox OG game like Halo 2 and bringing it to the Xbone for a remaster, it's another taking a 360 game. I imagine H3 running 1080/60 on Xbone was already pushing the hardware pretty well.

That said, they said they aren't doing Scorpio exclusives, so idk how it's going to play out. I doubt they'd release a 30fps remaster on Xbone when the OG is 60fps in the MCC

I'm waiting for Frankie to come in here and kill our dreams. That being said. This sounds like the perfect opportunity to blow minds with Scorpio next year.

The campaigns still have issues and aren't exactly hitting that 60fps all the time. MCC still needs a lot of fixes. Sure you can play them start to finish but that's bare minimum.

Hm... I encountered minor frame rate issues but I personally never ran into any other issues. Having said that, even if there are a ton of problems, if they used a Halo 3 remaster as an excuse to refresh the MCC I think it would be huge. If they sell the remaster as dlc for MCC I'm in. If it's a standalone release, I'll pass.

TheXbox

The MCC port is crap, may as well give it another go. If nothing else it'll give PC players a chance to finally experience Halo 3.

jelly

It would be pretty cool for a new console to a get a Halo launch title, I know same gen and all that but the repeat of the most powerful black 'actually green' beast and a new Halo title would be sweet like the original Xbox.

I know I'm in the minority but halo 4 was my favorite and I would love to see a remaster of that sometime. Halo 3 was my second favorite followed by Reach so this is good news too.

Playing halo 3 MP is as fun as watching paint dry. Increase base movement speed because moving as if you are wading through molasses is no fun.

PillarEN

My most played online FPS ever. Would jump in again if the game got a proper release on PC. Or heck if they made a proper remaster for XBone that would be cool too but I'm not sure how that would be enticing since the game is already part of MCC (although it's left untouched)

I would definitely Day One this. I would also love to see the version that involves MCC 2.0 with a Reach remaster. I don't know if they'll do it though. I feel like even doing just a Halo 3 remaster will invite too many comparisons to the disasterous MCC and I think they want to leave that forgotten. I think it would be a pretty tough mine field for them to navigate PR-wise.

witness

Halo 3 Anniversary: Scorpio launch title. Said it since E3. It fucking writes itself. Easily the best campaign, aside from having the horrible Cortana level, and that multiplayer was loved.

psyfi

Banned
I don't really feel the need for H3A honestly. I've played its campaign a million times and I really never want to go back to Halo 3 multiplayer ever again.

Courage

I still think Halo 3 looks great today so it doesn't really need a remaster. But they gotta keep the Halo machine going I guess.

I would like this if they fixed MCC first. I *hate* how they just abandoned MCC - it could have been amazing but it wasn't and is still not.

Launch Halo 3A with MCC 2.0.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Halo 3 Anniversary: Scorpio launch title. Said it since E3. It fucking writes itself. Easily the best campaign, aside from having the horrible Cortana level, and that multiplayer was loved.
Yea, especially if they go nuts with the graphics, take full advantage of the Scorpio, but unlikely since they will probably just do the best they can with Xbox One's hardware at 1080p/60 and then the Scorpio version will be running it at 4K/60.

The more I think of it though, holy fucking shit, some of the best gaming experiences in my life happened in late 2007. And it can happen again, all three titles remastered and looking fantastic.

nBtmbia.png

M59iVYU.png

DkUyChL.png

Please please please let H3A be real.

Trup1aya

I'm pretty torn about this.

I think the world would quickly see that H3 hasn't aged particularly well.

The AR, the magnum (and all of the dual wield able weapons) the BR sucked. As did equipment.

But I'd kill for the ability to play oddball, or the "real" Assualt gametype again.

Also, h3 had the best customs... And we'd likely get a customs browser!!!

Also, Bring on the brute chopper.

Nere

Halo 3 is my favourite of the series so consider me interested. What are the chances of this coming to PC aswell?

Top Bottom