• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another hint to Halo 3 Anniversary from 343i

Sephzilla

It won't happen, but my dream would be that Halo 3 Anniversary has some additional levels at the start of the game that more directly bridge Halo 2 to Halo 3.

Not sure this image truly hints one way or another, but I'm still hopeful. Halo 2 anniversary was hands down the best looking Halo game to date, aesthetically. Everything looked incredibly detailed, and classic Halo.

If Halo 3 is remastered, the only thing I want to see changed visually is making the Brutes look more like Halo 2. The upgraded armor is fine, but the anatomy of the Brutes build and fur should be consistent.

mcnh57V.jpg

latest

Hell, reuse most of the assets from Halo 2 anniversary, both in-game and cutscenes!

Chris1

I'd still buy it, but Reach definitely should be more of a priority for them. That hasn't been made on X1 yet, I know it is BC, but last I heard, it doesn't run very well, and I'd love Reach in 1080p/60fps on X1, if not fully remade.
If MS are just remaking all the Halos, then hopefully Reach isn't so far away.

I think Reach will be the last Anniversary, Halo 4 already looks good and I don't think it'll sell well. Maybe they'll do a trilogy of 4-6 remaster years down the line but I don't think they will give 4&5 the anniversary treatment.

I could see them do Halo 3 Anniversary, comes with the Halo 3 ODST port for MCC as a standalone game (separate install), then in 2020 do a Reach anniversary skipping over ODST then be done with the remasters. Otherwise you're looking at 2017 - HW2 and H3A, 2018 - H6, 2019 - H3ODST A, 2020 - Halo Reach A, 2021 - Halo 7.. which honestly, is far too much. There's no doubt going to be another Halo game in there aswell - Spartan Assault or Halo Wars 3.

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
Leaving MCC to die instead of fixing it and adding to it seems like such a huge waste. It should be the nexus for all Halo titles.

Azzawon

If they add H3A as part of MCC as well as an enormous patch to fix all the broken stuff? That would be awesome. Either way, Halo 3 is my favourite game in the entire franchise, so I'd be 100% in.

Akai__

I can see this used as an excuse to fully update MCC and also release a Win10 version

If they add H3A as part of MCC as well as an enormous patch to fix all the broken stuff? That would be awesome. Either way, Halo 3 is my favourite game in the entire franchise, so I'd be 100% in.

Wishful thinking to the max only for this to happen:

tjb63j.gif

I mean, you guys are pretty much asking for a disappointment.

Kalentan

Not sure this image truly hints one way or another, but I'm still hopeful. Halo 2 anniversary was hands down the best looking Halo game to date, aesthetically. Everything looked incredibly detailed, and classic Halo.

If Halo 3 is remastered, the only thing I want to see changed visually is making the Brutes look more like Halo 2. The upgraded armor is fine, but the anatomy of the Brutes build and fur should be consistent.

I believe the Halo Wars 2 Brutes are the Halo 2 anniversary designs. So there's that at least.

Can i just say, i cant fucking belive Halo 3 was almost 10 years ago. Jesus Christ :/

on topic, give me Halo 3 on PC. Its all i want from MS since my 360 died and i skipped on the xbone.

pizzacat

Banned
I agree with this. I'm still salty that ODSY got the buff but not reach. You know the game that actually had chief in it.
That's the thing. The game that didn't have chief was the best one in terms of sp, so why do we still bother with this character?

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
It won't happen, but my dream would be that Halo 3 Anniversary has some additional levels at the start of the game that more directly bridge Halo 2 to Halo 3.

At the end of Halo 2 the Chief was on Forerunner Dreadnought heading into Earth's atmosphere.

At the beginning of Halo 3 the Chief is seen separating from the ship as it enters the atmosphere and crash lands.

Not really sure why you would need additional content to fill that gap.

If they really do a H3A then I hope they dont bother with the twin engines layer over one another.

Just remake the whole game in a new engine. The old one is already working great in the MCC.

Also PC pls for the love of god.

Akai__

I don't remember Chief being in Reach. Was it some cameo thing? It'd been a long time since I've played it.

In one of the last cutscenes, you can pull the right trigger to the right and see a Spartan in a pod. But, I still think that it was Linda, since it actually gets mentioned in a book that Johnson saved her from the Hangar. Chief must have already been in the room, where he wakes up in CE.

Skele7on

Banned
A remastered Halo 3 original multiplayer with visible ranks just like the good old days.

None of the bullshit changes or using Halo 5 engine, or putting Halo 3 maps in Halo 5

Give me this PURE remake, no bollocks adding Halo 1/2/4/5 in also JUST HALO 3

and I will buy an xbox for it.

Your move.

Jawmuncher

Yeah the brutes looked like shit in halo 3.w when they weren't wearing armor.

Sephzilla

At the end of Halo 2 the Chief was on Forerunner Dreadnought heading into Earth's atmosphere.

At the beginning of Halo 3 the Chief is seen separating from the ship as it enters the atmosphere and crash lands.

Not really sure why you would need additional content to fill that gap.

I just think Halo 3 should have had a more action packed opening given where Halo 2 left off

Backlogger

Do we really need a Halo 3 Remaster?

The version on Master Chief Collection is a 1080p, 60 FPS Xbox 360 game and that's good enough for me.

I'd much rather see Halo Reach get the 1080p, 60 FPS remaster upgrade and then move on to Halo 6.

Why not both

Jumping Chief

Neo Member
I still think Halo 3 has aged well. It still looks alright on the MCC. So I'm in a in-between space with the idea of a H3A release. I would happily buy if released not the biggest H3 fan but there is no stopping my love for Halo (unless they keep making campaigns as bad as Halo 5's). At the same time if there is no H3 Remaster I wouldn't be upset in the least bit.

There will be a content pack with maps and new REQ's containing more of the Brute weapons, in addition to some new ones like a Spike Rifle.

Recreat3

Would probably buy it. First time i properly played through the halo campaigns was in the master chief collection and 3 was definitely my favourite.

In one of the last cutscenes, you can pull the right trigger to the right and see a Spartan in a pod. But, I still think that it was Linda, since it actually gets mentioned in a book that Johnson saved her from the Hangar. Chief must have already been in the room, where he wakes up in CE.

Aight, that's what I thought.

Remaster Halo 3 entirely.

Handful of remastered multiplayer maps(gotta appease the masses or mistaken folk who think the MP even held a candle yo CE or 2)

Integration with MCC. Plus this gives 343 anothet reason to go back and fix that hot mess.

Access H3A and H3A Mp through he MCC UI it both are owned. If not, H3a should have its own access to the H3 and H3A playlists in MCC and nothing else. Don't split the Base!!

Owners or both H3A and MCC get Halo Reach 1080p 60fps playable from MCC.

343 send me a cheque please. I just saved the MCC with this idea.

Leyasu

Banned
Coming on Scorpio, and it will look glorious. I just hope that they don't overlay the two engines so they can can make it even prettier.

Novocaine

Do we really need a Halo 3 Remaster?

The version on Master Chief Collection is a 1080p, 60 FPS Xbox 360 game and that's good enough for me.

I'd much rather see Halo Reach get the 1080p, 60 FPS remaster upgrade and then move on to Halo 6.

I would really rather a remaster of Reach added to the MCC myself. It's the only one I haven't played, and even though I have it on BC the performance is just a bummer.

But I'd also not say no to a Halo 3 remaster.

I'm thinking they'll do a remastered campaign for like 30 bucks + a Halo 3 themed content update for H5 to avoid cannibalizing their current model.

brawly

I loved Halo 3, but going back to it after H2A and H5; it feels really floaty and the aiming/shooting feels off.

It was hard to play it after how tight H2A multiplayer felt. But if they give it the same treatment I might be there. Not Day One though...never again.

LordOfChaos

Is Blur doing the cutscenes?

Definitely going to watch the cutscenes through as a movie if they do.

Hey Microsoft, Blur Halo movie yesterday plox. You don't need all the hassle of live action sets with them and can do so much more on a given budget with animation.

Top Bottom