• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anthem is Being Sold for a Penny at GameStop

Draugoth

Gold Member
The players' disinterest in Anthem is so great that the title is practically worthless nowadays, as evidenced by a recent promotion made by the American store chain GameStop. The store was selling each physical copy of the game for just 1 US cent. This is basically change money. The game was so cheap, one user even bought 37 copies of the game and paid less than 50 cents for everything.

I was visiting GameStop last Saturday and found out they were selling the game for just a penny. After including the fees, I got all of these for less than 50 cents. I don't know how long this promotion will last.

According to one who has worked at GameStop, the store's policy of selling a game for just 1 cent happens when all sales attempts have failed, with the 1 cent promotion being the last chance before games are dropped.

3cbb9e06bb8090c7d7011d600ded4943.jpg

Spaceman292

Banned
But you still need to sign up for three different fucking things before you can actually play it. I tried starting it up recently and I'm totally locked out of my account. The game is literally worthless.

Stuart360

I was checking Origin the other day, and i have 86 hours in Anthem.
Imo its not a bad game at all, and you can have a lot of fun with it. It would be stupid not to pick this up at basically 'free'.
I'm even going to start a new playthrough soon lol.

Called my local GameStop and asked, and the manager is a dick and he said if they had any they wouldn't sell them they would trash them.

When I worked for Walmart my boss was like that, the system would mark em down to 3 cents and they'd want me to pull them, but I always hid them and bought them all at self check out haha

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Online only game that the publisher has said development wise the game is dead is now selling for nothing because people don't play dead games. Shocking.

Anthem always looked fun to me tbh

Why did people hate it?

The endgame was pretty meh, but the actual mech combat was pretty good. It was a live-service game though and had no bones about that. The servers also weren't fantastic but you could see what they were going for with the game (basically, what if everyone was IRON MAN) and if the suits weren't getting in the way of BIOWARE I think they could have actually pulled it off.

treemk

Banned
I think EA should have put more effort into trying to salvage this, even if it meant handing it to another studio. Bioware half assed tried to fix it and then they shut it down, never trust EA or Bioware with a "live service" game again. The foundation was solid, it just needed some refinements and more content.

Deerock71

The players' disinterest in Anthem is so great that the title is practically worthless nowadays, as evidenced by a recent promotion made by the American store chain GameStop. The store was selling each physical copy of the game for just 1 US cent. This is basically change money. The game was so cheap, one user even bought 37 copies of the game and paid less than 50 cents for everything.

According to one who has worked at GameStop, the store's policy of selling a game for just 1 cent happens when all sales attempts have failed, with the 1 cent promotion being the last chance before games are dropped.

3cbb9e06bb8090c7d7011d600ded4943.jpg

Chump wasted a perfectly good 37 cents.

Last edited:
Top Bottom