• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anthony Mackie: Civil War best yet - Best Picture Oscar Aspiration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie7

Banned
http://www.comicbookresources.com/a...vil-war-cast-list-discusses-oscar-aspirations

Having seen the movie, it's Marvel’s best movie thus far," Mackie says at the 17:25 mark. "And I'm being honest -- if a Marvel movie sucks, a movie in the Marvel universe, I'll tell you it sucked... 'Winter Soldier' and 'Iron Man 1' are probably Marvel's two best movies. I feel like ['Civil War'] beats both of those movies. It's really, really good. Because it's more of an acting movie than an action movie, I feel like the story is very concise and interesting, and you get to see Robert Downey Jr and Chris Evans and Scarlett Johannson and Mark Ruffalo and everybody just do really, really good acting. And then there's action in it. The great thing about being in a Marvel movie? They have really good actors. I mean, Don Cheadle is in the Marvel Universe!

"I think it might be the first superhero movie that might be up for Best Picture," he added.

Oscar winner me if old.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
theyre probably gonna kill cap at the end. or at least someone important bites it.

Given the quality of Winter Soldier, I'm genuinely hopeful that he's right. Looks smashing from the trailers certainly.

Unless half the cast and crew die tragically the idea a superhero movie would win any kind of high profile Oscar is laughable though. It'd be nice, but it's never going to happen.

Glass Rebel

They should stop overselling this movie so hard. I've been looking forward to this the most since it was announced but the road to Civil War is worse than Age of Ultron.

Winter soldier is far the best Marvel movie (not my personal favourite mind) so I'm not surprised civil war is gonna be that good. Not sure I agree about iron man 1 though.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
He should have listed the sucky Marvel movies to give him just a pinch of credibility

Thor: The Dark World doesn't count as a list.

57acd6d170665e0b36bd50f94bc919c1518fd786_hq.gif

-I-m-Sorry-Tony-but-He-s-my-Friend-captain-america-39072619-500-208.gif

giphy.gif

giphy-10.gif

giphy.gif

46108088ff7c4edb6f215c59b361a826ce1eb342.gif

Stoic-Ben-Affleck-Most-Time.gif

vern

Mackie went on to say "Avengers 2 was butt. A straight up turd. Look, I'll tell it like it is man. Thor? Trash... Thor 2? They made a sequel to that POS? You kidding right? Iron man 2 garbage. Part 3, human feces. Civil War though... the Citizen Kane of 3D CGI forgettable as soon as you leave the cinema popcorn movies."

I do think Hulk might appear in some sort of scene where he ends up causing destruction, since I feel like Hulk is the most destructive of the MCU characters. Maybe Ross will bring in footage that's from a couple years ago to further the agenda of the registration act

We've got Banner, we've got Ross, why won't you give me Betty Marvel?

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
TDK didn't get a nom. No cbm will anytime soon.

Still excited, first Deadpool, BvS next, followed by Civil War and then Suicide Squad? I love 2016 already.

AMUSIX

Mackie is such an over the top hype man....it's awesome. It's also funny when people take him seriously, as so many seem to have.

Murrah

Banned
Look man, the quality of this movie is irrelevant, I'm seeing it no matter what. Just tell me how dank Spider-Man is dammit

Monocle

Well let's not get ahead of ourselves. If Civil War is on par with Winter Soldier, I'll be satisfied. I'm OK with leaving it at that.

If he just said that the movie would be the greatest superhero movie yet I would buy into it, but anyone who pulls out the Oscar card for a movie that would never get an Oscar makes me a bit iffy.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Ruffalo being in the movie doesn't mean the Hulk is in the movie. And vice versa, as we can see from the Hulk/Ant-Man Coke commercial.

I think he's just listing Marvel Cinematic Universe actors in general there and not thinking. Then again, who knows? We really don't know a whole lot about this movie overall when you think about it.
He says you get to see 'RDJ, Chris Evans, ScarJo and Mark Ruffalo'. I don't think he means just in general, but the actual movie.

Meia

I think he's just listing Marvel Cinematic Universe actors in general there and not thinking. Then again, who knows? We really don't know a whole lot about this movie overall when you think about it.

Because it's more of an acting movie than an action movie, I feel like the story is very concise and interesting, and you get to see Robert Downey Jr and Chris Evans and Scarlett Johannson and Mark Ruffalo and everybody just do really, really good acting.

That sentence most definitely makes it sound like Ruffalo is in this movie in an acting capacity.

HowZatOZ

Banned
I'm keen to see this but boy do they need to tone down the hype train. Just do what Deadpool did with their marketing and you'll be set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom