• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anthony Mackie: Civil War best yet - Best Picture Oscar Aspiration

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
In the MCU they've never really been anything but co-workers.

This I agree with. For me personally that line didn't do anything, while a lot of people were all like 'the feels!''. Fair enough, but imo they were never really friends in the MCU. In the first Avengers they were constantly bitching at each other and I never saw anything that really showed friendship between the two in AoU. So the line doesn't have really any weight.

Cipherr

EVERYTHING about this movie looks amazing. Hahaha, there's no one coming out talking about it's bad or any crap like that. It's going to be fucking amazing.

hal9001

Banned
Lol its amazing to see the reactions in this thread compared to the one about DC oscar winner one. GAF clearly has a Marvel bias .

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
EVERYTHING about this movie looks amazing. Hahaha, there's no one coming out talking about it's bad or any crap like that. It's going to be fucking amazing.

Ever been on the internet? That will not happen. I do agree tho, hopefully it will be great.

Lol its amazing to see the reactions in this thread compared to the one about DC oscar winner one. GAF clearly has a Marvel bias .

This won't go well.

LaNaranja

I mean, Don Cheadle is in the Marvel Universe!

He totally was a huge get for the MCU. Some people are crazy thinking Howard would have been even half as good. Especially with the next to nothing he has been given to work with in each movie.

guek

Banned
People are mocking Mackie left and right in this thread. DC has had one divisive movie in their DCEU, of course people are more skeptical with them.

0382_s7tr%25255B1%25255D.gif

At least in this case, someone involved with the movie actually said the thing that's being talked about. That BVS thread was going nuts over speculation from a fansite. Unbelievable.

If you hadn't noticed, the whole world seems to have a "Marvel bias." As in, their movies have generally been more successful.

Lets be frank, we lost our one chance of a superhero adaptation winning (lets just say getting at least a nomination) best picture when Watchmen didn't live up to the material.

Toxi

Banned
Lets be frank, we lost our one chance of a superhero adaptation winning (lets just say getting at least a nomination) best picture when Watchmen didn't live up to the material.
As someone who thought the Watchmen movie was not a good adaptation, there was no way any adaptation of Watchmen was getting nominated for best picture.

"Reality has a Marvel bias."

neurosyphilis

Definitely not an STD, as I'm a pure.
All I care about is seeing Black Panther. I'm sick of Captain America, Ironman, and fucking Thor.. They'll water down BP though because they don't want to take the shine away from those 3.

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!
All I care about is seeing Black Panther. I'm sick of Captain America, Ironman, and fucking Thor.. They'll water down BP though because they don't want to take the shine away from those 3.

All four are D tier heroes anyways. The only one anyone should care about is Spidey.

Davey Cakes

Winter Soldier was a pleasant surprise for me. It was a well-received movie but I enjoyed it way more than most of Marvel's recent fare.

Now I'm even more excited for Civil War.

Monocle

To be fair, Marvel movies have a proven track record of being decent to great. DC's stuff is a lot more uneven.

Let's dispel this fiction that Marvel doesn't know what they're doing. They know exactly what they're doing.

what a dumb post, what we really need to do is dispel this fiction that Marvel doesn't know what they're doing. They know exactly what they're doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom