• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ANUBIS Zone of the Enders: MRS announced for PS4/Steam (CyGames ZoE2 remake, 4K, VR)

emiliano

I don't think it would kill you. It's a cockpit view, the sense of being still in something that's moving will probably help. Games like Red Out go real fast in VR without too many issues.

I think of the crazy rotations the Jeuthy does during the melee fights, and can't think how could I possibly survive seeing that from inside the cockpit. That, the dashes, and most of all the damn zero shift.

Javier23

Banned
If I've never played ZoE1, is it possible to play this without being spoiled/whilst still being able to follow the plot?
I mean, it's been a long time and my memory is very hazy, but I'd say absolutely. As far as I can remember the plot of the second one was mostly self-contained. New characters and everything. And 2 is heads and shoulders above the first one. I would strongly recommend it, having played the first one or not, it really doesn't matter that much.

jennetics

I mean, it's been a long time and my memory is very hazy, but I'd say absolutely. As far as I can remember the plot of the second one was mostly self-contained. New characters and everything. And 2 is heads and shoulders above the first one. I would strongly recommend it, having played the first one or not, it really doesn't matter that much.
Good to know, I haven't played either game and was bummed that the first one wasn't included (because I thought it was a continuation of the story) so I figured I'd skip this. But if it's totally separate, then I'm all for this!

Again that horrible song... Why can't ZOE just die already?
...wait, what?

Pejo

I'll probably end up double dipping on this. PS4 for PSVR, and Steam for longevity. I'm so damn excited that this IP hasn't been left to die completely.

ZOE LIVES YES

I'm beyond hyped for this. This will be quad dipping territory but I don't care.

Wonder if we'll get a new Beyond the Bounds remix.

thelastword

Banned
The consensus seems to be that ZoE1 can be skipped, just watch a YouTube synopsis before you start the sequel.
ZOE1 is awesome, it's short anyway and should be included as well.....It never makes sense to remaster the second game and not the first....Just like it made no sense with the borderlands remaster omitting part 1 and of course the darksiders guys had to go back and remaster the first because part 3 is coming...If you're in the code, just do both for a complete package...Whoever is not interested in playing ZOE1 can just skip to ZOE2, I know I would play both....

the TMO

ZOE1 is awesome, it's short anyway and should be included as well.....It never makes sense to remaster the second game and not the first....Just like it made no sense with borderlands and the darksiders guys had to go back and remaster the first...If you're in the code, just do both for a complete package...Whoever is not interested in playing ZOE1 can just skip to ZOE2, I know I would play both....

Indeed. It's a Nice story too and the game is still fun.

//DEVIL//

Zoe2 is like my favorite game ever. Are u telling me that steam will get full version of the game ? Or just VR ? If full game OMG I am so fucking in triple dipping

thematic

if I remember correctly, they only patched ZOE2 in PS3 version with improved performance/effects and left out ZOE1.

maybe that's the reason they didn't include ZOE1 now

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I loved both ZoEs, but never got to finish 2. I hope Konami doesn't fuck this one up. If they haven't, then I'm all in for this one.

This came out of left field but I'm fucking ecstatic!!

I still have my LE of the PS3 remaster proudly on display.

I wonder if we'll ever get a re-release of the GBA game? I liked that game a lot, too (though obviously not as much as Anubis)

FinalAres

I honestly thought that after the apparently poor sales of ZoE remastered, the series was dead. Over the moon for it to be back! ZoE2 is a classic.

Ephemeris

I literally just moved my HD edition off my shelf while tidying yesterday and wished I would return to ZOE at some point. Awesome news.

Vic_Viper

Is this a remake of ZOE 1 or 2? IF its 2, why would they remake the 2nd before the first game lol? I know the original wasnt very well received, especially after the 2nd one came out and improved alot of things. But this is the perfect chance for them to use the story of the game and make alot of the necessary improvements.

Either way, this is huge news! Cant wait for this.

g11

So weird to see a PS2 game getting a 4K port. Then again, I guess that's what Okami on PS4 is gonna be. Man, if Konami is doing this, I wonder if there is hope for MGS ports/remasters. Might as well squeeze as much as possible out of that Fox Engine.

Vic_Viper

After watching that trailer im alil bit disappointed lol. This isnt a remake, its just a 4k remaster with VR additions damnit.

OldMuffin

Odd that the first isn't included, maybe they are planning for a third game to follow directly after in terms of narrative? It's been awhile so excuse me if I'm not remembering it properly but there was a large time gap between the first and the second. Also I remember enjoying the first more than the second so kind of disappointed here.

grendelrt

The Japanese website mentions Dolby Atmos.

Thanks, I looked it up and according to google this part means Atmos =)

WoMjtiD.jpg

This will be interesting, I wonder if the in game option will overwrite the user settings. Atmos has to be bitstreamed to pass object data in the stream that the receiver needs. Uncompressed setting on PS4 passes LPCM, I dont think any games pass uncompressed Bitstream data currently.

Nzyme32

Very much in on PC, never played this game but enjoyed the previous one. SteamVR is icing on the cake. Still waiting for the next set of SteamVR headsets before getting a bit more heavily into the VR side of things, so I'll probably have a first run through normally.

PC loyalists have no idea what's coming.

What the hell is even a "PC loyalist"? Lmao.

Yeah, pretty sure a lot of folks on PC don't subscribe to "immortal joe's" brand of tribalism and simply are content with the platform

Top Bottom