• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Any idea how to connect a 3DS to a wifi hotspot that does web login?

You know those wifi services that just bring up a special web page asking for a login? I'm at a hotel that does so - it brings up a page asking how I want to login, I choose to give it my name and room number and it logs me in. But of course the 3DS can't do that.

Any ideas if this is possible? I'd really like to download the 3DS update...

Rich!

I'm in France at a resort with the same kind of login. I asked about it, and they said that they'd need to add on the 3DS' MAC address onto their system which would allow it to bypass the login page. I asked if they could do that....and they said no. Pretty bullshit, my Uni used to let me add on my DS Lite to their network...

Hopefully you'll have more luck, but for me it looks like I'll have to wait a week until e-shop.

Truth101

Banned
richisawesome said:
I'm in France at a resort with the same kind of login. I asked about it, and they said that they'd need to add on the 3DS' MAC address onto their system which would allow it to bypass the login page. I asked if they could do that....and they said no. Pretty bullshit, my Uni used to let me add on my DS Lite to their network...

Hopefully you'll have more luck, but for me it looks like I'll have to wait a week until e-shop.

Yes, the MAC address needs to be added to the networks whitelist.

Bleh. I guess I'll have to go to a McDonalds or something (I think I remember Nintendo set up a deal with them for wireless)

Yep. McD should work. The sad thing is (at least it's the case for Dsi, haven't tried on 3ds yet) that even with the browser you are not able to login in the hotel. Perhaps the DS checks if it can reach nintendo.com to determine a connection is establishable.

Poyunch

This is the exact same reason why I can't connect my 3DS to the dorms. I've been waiting all this time to update but I haven't moved out yet. :(

What I want to know is if I can login with the 3DS browser. iPods can do it.

8bit

Knows the Score
Try to login with your 3DS Browser?

Nevermind, just noticed you don't have that yet.

Top Bottom