• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Any music with mandolins or Spanish guitar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean like the kind you'd hear in Italy or perhaps being played in Mexico. I'm searching but can't find any. The closest I have is Sun Kil Moon.

Try some David Grisman stuff for mandolin... I'm a bigger fan of Sam Bush, but if you're looking for crazy Spanish Guitar type stuff David Grisman is the man...

If you like traditional songs and old English sailing tunes, I'd recommend David Grisman and Jerry Garcia (of the grateful dead) "Shady Grove"... the whole album is amazing... beautiful guitar and mandolin combo... and you can buy it for download at www.audiolunchbox.com

I was just playing mando when I saw this thread... I play traditional/bluegrass/newgrass...

android

Theoretical Magician
For classic guitar Andrés Segovia, or for a Gyspy Jazz feel, Django Reinhardt. If you want that group of guitarists feel, the Gypsy Kings

etiolate

Banned
Losing my Religion has mandolins. I've been thinking about gettin a mandolin, Guitar Center has like a mandolin starter pack for $67.

megateto

Spanish guitar has a name, and that is Paco de Lucia:

Paco_De_Lucia_2.jpg

For an easy, great and incredible song, search for "Entre dos aguas", it's pretty old (70's), but it will amaze you.

Also you can try Vicente Amigo on this compilation, Chambao: Flamenco Chill. It's first song is great too.

6023b.jpg

CD1.
1. Vicente Amigo - preludio
2. Doc K! - Media Luna
3. Chambao - Playas de Barbate
4. José Luis Encinas - Luna de fiesta
5. Vicente Amigo - Morente
6. Chambao - Verde mar
7. Denis Stern - Way to Alhambra
8. Miguel Picasso - Southern Nights
9. Chambao - no te pierdas
10. Intro - Zambra
11. Elena Andujar - Ten cuidado
12. Chambao - Como el agua

CD2.
1. Chambao - Instinto humano
2. Vicente Amigo - Mensaje (fandangos)
3. G Club presents Banda Sonora- Guitarra G (G-club's Shill out mix )
4. Chambao - pasta pa la costa
5. Fundación Eivissa - Como el agua
6. Vicente Amigo -Querido Metheny
7. Chambao - Tu frialdad
8. Pedro Ricardo Miño - Rio Miño
9. Chambao Luz
10. Intro - Ad Libitum
11. Howie B. Making love on your side

But the rest of the songs are pretty cool too and have lots of Spanish guitar.

But once again, I'd like to stress the fact that the world's best Spanish guitar player is Paco de Lucia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom