• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Any way to turn off HDR on Nvidia drivers newer than 378.92?

hlhbk

I have a GTX 1080 TI and a Samsung KS8000. Any driver after version 378.92 and the TV always says there is an HDR video playing. Is there anyway to turn this off? Since the actual video isn't HDR it makes the colors look washed out.

Clint

Neo Member
I assume with the issue you're describing you have the Windows "Creators Update". If so, right click desktop, choose display settings. Second option should be "HDR and Advanced color", switch it off and that should do it.

Head.spawn

I have a GTX 1080 TI and a Samsung KS8000. Any driver after version 378.92 and the TV always says there is an HDR video playing. Is there anyway to turn this off? Since the actual video isn't HDR it makes the colors look washed out.

You can also turn it off/on per input through your TV's settings.

pa22word

Along with what else has been said you should also be able to go into the driver control panel and set your color depth to 8bit from 10/12/whatever for the same results.

Santar

I've been having problems with the colors being extremely saturated with all nvidia drivers since the Windows 10 creator update. I suspect it has to do with me using hdmi to connect to my monitor, maybe the new drivers think it's a TV or something?
It's extremely annoying and I've been stuck on the last driver before the Creator Update because of this.
Any help would be appreciated.

Top Bottom