• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anybody seen any 360 lines at store yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenon

After waiting from 8PM to 8AM, sitting in 32 degree temps, and watching a UMD Rambo:Firstblood, and 2 hours of hotshots PSP, I now have a premium 360. First impression, its a heavy muther fucker! more after I sleep.

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
Dave Long said:
The whole thing is asinine. They should've charged more for the system because they obviously could've gotten it. If I was an analyst, I'd be reaming Microsoft big time for leaving piles of money on the table with this launch.

I'm also apalled at the number of 360s on eBay now. There are at least 5000 people who bought on only to put it up for sale immediately. That's just listings as of 10:30 this morning EST. I'm sure there will be nearly double that by tonight. Those folks reselling them are vultures.

Even if I had been lucky enough to get one, I'd still be seething at this completely fucked up disaster of a launch.

Actually, this launch couldn't have gone better for Microsoft, imo. There's insane levels of hype (PS2-like) and Xbox 360 is on the tip of nearly every gamer's tongue. The fact that it's so desired and so hard to get makes many other people want it even more. That snowball effect will work wonders for Microsoft as they sell their $299-$399 console through Christmas and into next year. It will fly off shelves until February as quickly as they can make it and that's when Microsoft starts phase II of its advert blitz to keep momentum high to E3 when it'll keep things crazy with Halo 3, new IP's, Video Chat, etc.

Xenon said:
After waiting from 8PM to 8AM, sitting in 32 degree temps, and watching a UMD Rambo:Firstblood, and 2 hours of hotshots PSP, I now have a premium 360. First impression, its a heavy muther fucker! more after I sleep.

wuss! I had to wait from 11am to 8am! Right after class yesterday I went and started camping. Was #5 in line and now have a nice Premium 360.

:)

BojTrek

Banned
Fuck hype, fuck momentum... Microsoft sucks for not supplying its bread and butter (the USA) with tons of systems... they should have staggered the release and made all units for the USA until January... after January send units to other countries...

Oh well... I am the disgruntled, non-X-Box 360 owner...

9 stores this morning before work...

Joe

the core system is good for gift giving. its $100 cheaper for the gifter and the giftee ends up spending $200 to make up what he or she lost on not getting the premium plus getting a deal. i know i wouldnt be dissapointed if i got a core as a gift, its still half as cheap as getting a premium plus i get a game.

Dilbert

open_mouth_ said:
Actually, this launch couldn't have gone better for Microsoft, imo. There's insane levels of hype (PS2-like) and Xbox 360 is on the tip of nearly every gamer's tongue. The fact that it's so desired and so hard to get makes many other people want it even more.
I disagree. What good is hype if people can't go into the store the next day to purchase the item? When you give people more time to think about whether they want to drop many hundreds of dollars on something, they will be less likely to buy.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
-jinx- said:
I disagree. What good is hype if people can't go into the store the next day to purchase the item? When you give people more time to think about whether they want to drop many hundreds of dollars on something, they will be less likely to buy.

Exactly.

I have PDZero and PGR3 sitting here next to me, but no console. I might as well return the games and wait until Gears of War and the like. Or, dare I say it, the PS3. :)

bumpkin

I thought about going by my local Best Buy just to see how many idiots were camping out in the 34 degree rain, but I decided to stay inside and stay warm. :) Maybe I'm not "hardcore," but no game console (or anything else, really) is worth having to waste 8-14 hours of my life standing in line just to get it the minute it comes out.

I'll gladly wait 'til all the launch model bugs are ironed out -- need I remind anyone of the PS2 and Xbox's pasts? -- before I plunk down half a grand.

Porridge

I dunno what all the commotion's about, I just walked in today and bought one with ease...

Pro-Edit: I went with the Core System. Did I do it right?

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
so you're an idiot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom