• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anybody seen any 360 lines at store yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMczaf

Triumph said:
I'm going to walk into Target tomorrow morning and get one, no problem.

How you ask?

I'm buying the Retard Pack! Hooray!

retard.gif

:lol

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Orin GA said:
4.jpg

:lol CBS 4 News Miami Just spoke to him. He told the reporter he has been here since 7AM. Then the reporter responds "You must be the kind of guy that sits at home at his computer all day and never go out" You can tell he was a bit peeved"

I would have slapped the reporter silly. First of all its not there place to make that judgement. Second of all, for me atleast, that would be false, and would affend me.

Dave Long

Banned
I just got back from trying to get one locally at Wal-Mart and saw lines in the POURING RAIN at Best Buy, Target, Toys R Us, etc. The Wal-Marts were already sold out and people are buying the Retard Pack with absolutely no regret. They got like 40 systems at the Wal-Mart near me and the guy I talked to was all happy to be near the back of the line and was holding a Hard Drive in his hand to get with his Core.

Every store in my area is flooded with people, there is one Target that isnt letting people lineup till 6AM, heading up there tomorrow morning.

Well, when (and since) all else has failed, it's Target tomorrow morning. I'm heading up there around six in the morning. They don't open until 8am. They're getting about 20.

If that doesn't work, I'll try Sears tomorrow sometime, and if still no luck...I'll just wait for second shipment or until Sam Goody gets their shipment from the Fiji islands. (There's no excuse for them not having the system at launch.)

PhatSaqs

Banned
I'm pretty much ready to concede that I wont get one tomorrow.
Just went to a ghetto Walmart and it's already lined up with about 50 people and it doesnt open until 7am.

I'll try some Targets early in the AM and hope to get lucky.

Hawk269

Even the Retard Packs are Sold out!!!

I work retail and have for a very long time and as of 8PM PST all Xbox 360 systems including the retard pack are sold out for tommorow morning. I am not going to disclose which company I work for, but I can say that out of the 10 locations that I oversee all 10 have enough customers in line as of 8pm tonight to account for all systems including the Core systems.

I have been told that a few stores had the customer leave when we told them we had no more Premiums, but a customer or 2 later they were buying the Core.

So if you think you can walk into a store and get a Core...Good Luck with that!

VPhys

Dave Long said:
I just got back from trying to get one locally at Wal-Mart and saw lines in the POURING RAIN at Best Buy, Target, Toys R Us, etc. The Wal-Marts were already sold out and people are buying the Retard Pack with absolutely no regret.

:lol

They got like 40 systems at the Wal-Mart near me and the guy I talked to was all happy to be near the back of the line and was holding a Hard Drive in his hand to get with his Core.

Classic. :lol

Wow, I really feel for those foolios lined up in the nasty weather for their systems. The Super Wal-Mart here in Tempe had twenty-odd people lined up inside the store at the layaway/pick-up area, some sitting comfortably with their own folding chairs. Surprisingly, that location got more Premium packs than Core packs.

dorio

Banned
Hawk269 said:
Even the Retard Packs are Sold out!!!

I work retail and have for a very long time and as of 8PM PST all Xbox 360 systems including the retard pack are sold out for tommorow morning. I am not going to disclose which company I work for, but I can say that out of the 10 locations that I oversee all 10 have enough customers in line as of 8pm tonight to account for all systems including the Core systems.

I have been told that a few stores had the customer leave when we told them we had no more Premiums, but a customer or 2 later they were buying the Core.

So if you think you can walk into a store and get a Core...Good Luck with that!
Wow, Microsoft is going to make a killing on the tard harddrive.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
I just got out of work at Toys R Us, and we had 8 people sitting out there. Which is cool, I guess since we have 8 systems.
But fuck, I nearly went psycho on someone. These two deaf guys come in, and after writing out all these answers to their questions, and they find out we only have eight to sell tomorrow, fucker storms out and throws the Best Buy ad he was holding at me.
Jesus fucking christ, I hate people.

M3wThr33

Banned
MightyHedgehog said:
Wow, I really feel for those foolios lined up in the nasty weather for their systems. The Super Wal-Mart here in Tempe had twenty-odd people lined up inside the store at the layaway/pick-up area, some sitting comfortably with their own folding chairs. Surprisingly, that location got more Premium packs than Core packs.

Premium outnumbers Core on all shipments everywhere.

Dave Long

Banned
M3wThr33 said:
Premium outnumbers Core on all shipments everywhere.

How do you know? From what I can tell, there are a lot more Core units than everyone expected there would be. I was expecting to find a ratio closer to 80-20 on Premium to Core but that's just not the case.

The people buying the Retard Pack and then buying a hard drive are so fucking stupid I don't even have words to describe their idiocy. LET THE RETARD PACK ROT ON SHELVES YOU DUMB FUCKS!

snacknuts

we all knew her
I just got back from Meijer. There were probably 120 people there for a raffle to buy one of eight systems; four premiums, four tard packs. No luck for the Z-man.

demi

RevenantKioku said:
I just got out of work at Toys R Us, and we had 8 people sitting out there. Which is cool, I guess since we have 8 systems.
But fuck, I nearly went psycho on someone. These two deaf guys come in, and after writing out all these answers to their questions, and they find out we only have eight to sell tomorrow, fucker storms out and throws the Best Buy ad he was holding at me.
Jesus fucking christ, I hate people.

owned6ek.jpg

M3wThr33

Banned
Dave Long said:
How do you know? From what I can tell, there are a lot more Core units than everyone expected there would be. I was expecting to find a ratio closer to 80-20 on Premium to Core but that's just not the case.

The people buying the Retard Pack and then buying a hard drive are so fucking stupid I don't even have words to describe their idiocy. LET THE RETARD PACK ROT ON SHELVES YOU DUMB FUCKS!

Well, considering how hard it is to get a Tree Sitty normally, a core is still a blessing.

demi

LOOOOOOOOOOOL

News is showing a Meijer's nearby just now

They're doing a lottery to give away the SIX 360s! LOL LOL

TheDuce22

Banned
I went to the wallmart here that was having a lottery. Apparently people had been waiting in line for hours and nobody bothered to tell them. I got a winning ticket, now I have to go back at midnight for another one to see if i get a core or premium.

GhaleonEB

zesty said:
I just got back from Meijer. There were probably 120 people there for a raffle to buy one of eight systems; four premiums, four tard packs. No luck for the Z-man.

Wow.

MS could have had the biggest launch ever if they got their supply lined up right.

I wonder if they'll issue any PR on the units sold over the next few days, or just something about how they sold out and are supplying more every week.

Wal-Marts are supposedly getting fresh shipments of X360s every week, or so the electronics lady at the location I went to says. Something tells me that just checking often at places like Wal-Mart or Best Buy for the duration of the year will yield most everyone a system fairly easily.

pixelfish

Banned
I'm home for a toilet break and to get out of the cold a bit. Rumor was that the store we're camped at will hand out tickets at midnight to those outside but the manager came out and told us that they will be handing out tickets at 6:45 for 7:00 sale.

There are more people in line than 360's for sale and even though they were told that they stand no chance of even getting a tard pack, they're waiting just incase a person in front of them doesn't survive this cold, hellish night.

The funniest thing is that the line is full of casuals who don't know much about the system or it's games but know that they want one because it's going to be the "best system" next gen. They're also pretty organized with dudes sitting in line here and their friends drove to other towns to sit in line there to double their chances of getting a couple of consoles.

ocelittle

Banned
So has there been ANY word on second shipments yet? I'm getting sick of all this...

I know I'm not getting it tomorrow, but I'd like to get a timeframe.

SyNapSe

sweet christ what is MS building these 360's by fucking hand? While rereading this thread it's funny but almost absurd.

I went by the closest best buy around 5:30 and there were 25-35 people out front: Overland Park, KS (KC)

pixelfish

Banned
ocelittle said:
So has there been ANY word on second shipments yet? I'm getting sick of all this...

I know I'm not getting it tomorrow, but I'd like to get a timeframe.

Well I was number 80 on my Gamestop's preorder list and their automated system called me and told me that I would only get one after Christmas. They got 40 360's in the first round and who knows how many after that.

I have to add that one of the funniest things I heard tonight was one mother lamenting that she promised her son a 360 for Xmas because it's the only thing he's wanted all year but now she can't find one. This guy told her to just buy him a Gamecube and when he unwraps it and starts crying, she should just act all confused. Made me LOL for the poor kid.

Nester-x

I just left the Cary, NC Best Buy. There were about 40 people in line and some guy was preaching to them. I guess he knew a captive audience when he saw one.

Also, earlier in the night, someone (probably BB management) called the fire department because some of the people in the line were grilling hot dogs. Something about a fire hazard.

All in all, a fun night.

golem

pixelfish said:
I have to add that one of the funniest things I heard tonight was one mother lamenting that she promised her son a 360 for Xmas because it's the only thing he's wanted all year but now she can't find one. This guy told her to just buy him a Gamecube and when he unwraps it and starts crying, she should just act all confused. Made me LOL for the poor kid.
LMAO

I left for Midtown NY Best Buy again around 11p hoping people would have left due to the heavy rain. Unfortunately, even if they weren't there at that time, it wouldn't have mattered, as BB did a ticket system like Walmart. All the people were there too, one offered to sell me a ticket and I said fuck off.

So I moved along to Chelsea BB, on foot the same as I went to MTBB in the cold and rain, and they had long ago given away their tickets, even though they were opening at 9a. So at Midnight, I took the subway back to 57th and BWay and saw 15 people in line for CompUSA, which would open at 8.30a. I was so tired and wet by then that I gave up and went home.

So I'm back at home at 1a, w/ my back feeling like shit and my feet stinging, 360-less. What a great fucking day. Fuck you MS.

White Man

Just got back from the Bellevue Best Buy. It's a complete circus there. There are multiple TV crews and no parking anywhere near the store. People are parked all over the place. Cars are parked in, parked illegally, in handicapped spots. You can barely drive around the lot. The lots for the neighboring Home Depot is in similar shape.

cabel

My local, super tiny Fred Meyer (Stadium) had a very cute line of 6 people in very cold weather.

There was a very nice sign by the door ("LINE STARTS HERE") clearly labelling their allocation: 2 core systems (!), and 6 premium systems (!!).

When I asked the first three guys in line what game they were most looking forward to playing when they got their 360, the answer was universal:

"I don't know -- I'm just going to sell mine on eBay".

What a country!

DCharlie

Banned
... you have an extra o and try in that last word.

What a cluster f*ck.
How can they get this so badly wrong?
If this is a tactic, then they want a damned beating.

Now is the time for Sony to step up to the plate and at least fib about an early April global launch with the promise of millions of units.

AJ_

Who Is This Member?
DCharlie said:
... you have an extra o and try in that last word.

What a cluster f*ck.
How can they get this so badly wrong?
If this is a tactic, then they want a damned beating.

Now is the time for Sony to step up to the plate and at least fib about an early April global launch with the promise of millions of units.

This launch soap opera is brilliant PR for MS though.

Here's a convenient XBox360 locator for those in need:
http://xbox.clambert.org

SSGMUN10000

Connoisseur Of Tedium
Just had the most horrible experience at Walmart. OK to start off I stopped by 4 Walmarts the first 2 said they only had 24 systems and they were all gone. The 2nd Walmart had a line of about 30 people. The 3rd Walmart said they had 30 premiums and 12 cores but that there was a line of 50 people in the back. So on my way to the last Walmart were my friend was past by Best Buy saw about another 50 or so camping and waiting. To the last and final Walmart were my friend lined up about 5:30. I arrive around 10 or so and he tells me that management said they only had 14 systems total. Keep in mind there was a line of about 30 people there. Then later they came back saying the had only 2 premium systems and thats it but shipment should be on the way. Well no one really believed they had only 2 but the employees kept changing the number on us. So midnight rolls around and sure enough they only had 2. After that chaos broke loose with alot of shouting at the employees.

DCharlie

Banned
depends.

if they have big sales figures and it's sold out, yeah, i can see it.
but they might just piss everyone off.

If i had preordered in May, but then had to queue up to be in a raffle for a machine, i'd be SEETHING.

And then to have people who are just out to scalp other gamers ?

wankers, fucking wankers every last one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom