• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anybody seen any 360 lines at store yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Superpac just IM'd me to say he saw a line of 30 folks in front his local Best Buy at 8:30am.... anybody else seen any lines forming yet?

SuperPac

30 or so people outside the Houston, TX Best Buy that's doing the midnight launch tonight. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but c'mon...this is not PS2, people.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Wait a minute... Wait a minute... You're telling me that people are outside @ 10am for a 12am (the following day) launch?

lol! Losers they are.

You getting one Darian?

Juice

Something tells me that 360's aren't going to be that hard to come by.

Though I like camping out for shit just for the sake of camping out for shit.

Sapiens

Juice said:

I agree. I plan on buying one this weekend and if I walk away empty handed, I will be surprised.

SuperPac

Ghost said:
i wonder how many are ebayers...someone do a quick poll next time they see a queue.

And I wonder how many of their ebayer friends they're gonna let cut in line from now till midnight. F-ers.

DarienA

DaCocoBrova said:
Wait a minute... Wait a minute... You're telling me that people are outside @ 10am for a 12am (the following day) launch?

lol! Losers they are.

You getting one Darian?

That's a negative on that for me... I'm too far behind in terms of games I want to play THIS generation to justify picking up a X360 at console launch, and for me none of the launch titles holds I gotta buy this now interest. Though I have to quantify that statement with if I happen to be out and about this weekend and see one... I might... there's definitely a few titles coming down the road (though I don't think they are coming til early '06) that I'll definitely pick up the system for. I'm keeping my eye on Frame City Killers, and I'm curious about Test Drive and Ridge....

Funny story a friend of mine from Sony(no I won't rate you out) is kind of annoyed that he won't be able to pick up all the X360's he wanted to at launch to ebay them... nut... ;)

DaCocoBrova

I hear you... If someone offers me one, I'm not going to bat it away like some Daily Bread pamphlet, but I'm not going through any trouble to aquire one either.

It'll be one of many things I look forward to in '06.

Dr_Cogent

Banned
Juice said:

Though I like camping out for shit just for the sake of camping out for shit.

It's too cold where I live to camp out - for me at least. I am sure there will be plenty out there freezing their balls off for a 360.

Alcibiades

I know last night (around 9pm or 10pm) there were at least 2-3 people in line at the Wal-Mart in my college town...

I was gonna wait there starting this evening, but got turned off when they said they were only getting 14 systems in (12 core, 2 premium), and the fact that people were already waiting...

MrDaravon

One of my co-workers just told me that there was like 5 people already waiting at my Walmart. And it's raining. They're only getting something like 20 systems too.

:lol

TheDuce22

Banned
Not good news. There are 10 superwalmarts within an hour of me, if I cant find one I will be upset. Also there is a huge story on the front page of the newspaper.

snacknuts

we all knew her
A guy I play Halo with at LAN parties from time to time has a best friend who works in electronics at the Target right by my house. He and a buddy are going there tonight to camp out until tomorrow morning; his friend doesn't have any money, so he's buying my 360 for me, and I'll give him some money for his trouble. Contracting out your retail camping is the way to do it, kids. :)

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
I'm going to hold off on getting the 360 until january probably. I'm currently in the middle of a move and don't have the time or my set-up ready for it. I want to give it the attention it deserves :)

I intend to swing by a Wal-mart tonight at 9:30 or 10 and see what the line is like. If it's not long, I'll jump in and grab my 360, but if it's too big, I'll just skip it and wait for a system down the line. I want to play a few of the game for the 360 now, like Madden and possibly PDZ, but the real clincher for me is Oblivion and it's a few months off yet, so if I don't get one, I won't be too upset.

SuperPac

If I have to go from my Plan A to B and C and still can't get a system, then this launch is officially more bullshit than PS2.

DaCocoBrova

M$ needs to keep fueling those assembly lines is more like it.

Lo-Volt

:lol Lines already, oh really? Lord Allard and Emperor Palpatine must be pleased. I won't be able to stroll there anyway, but I'd be scared to go to Manhattan and see the Best Buy locations with a line already. This is gonna be one hell of a holiday season, that's for damn sure.

Dr_Cogent

Banned
Isn't a 360 line just a circle?

3dpeopleinahugecircle-thumb118672

I keed! I keed!

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
I have no idea what the lines are like in my area, but I'm assuming the worst - King of Prussia area of PA with a number of colleges nearby. I actually have the rest of the week off and have to give my wife a ride to work in the morning tomorrow anyway, so I'll check out a few places I can travel to reasonably in the morning. There's at least one place I'm hoping is under the radar so we'll see how it goes.

Shawn

Banned
F*ck. F*ck. F*ck. This is the type of sh*t that gets me excited. I have no intentions (at least in the immediate future) of owning an Xbox 360. But these reports of people ALREADY lining up for it is getting me excited. Call me an @ssh*le, but having something other people desperately want is making me seriously thinking about heading to my local Target tonight and waiting so that I can snag one. If it's as bad as I hope it would be, I figure that if I buy the Premium pack for $400.00 and I'll be able to sell it for at least $500-and-something.

ToxicAdam

I can't believe MS hired "viral line waiters". That is ridiculous.

for those that are sarcasm-impaired, this is a joke

Matix

ToxicAdam said:
I can't believe MS hired "viral line waiters". That is ridiculous.

for those that are sarcasm-impaired, this is a joke

:lol , I wouldn't be surprised by the least.

DarienA

I think I'll swing the local shopping center that has a Best Buy, Target and Wal Mart in it tonight on my way home and see if I see anyone out...

Idioteque

There are no lines right now at the target I work at.

But I'm sure when I go into work tonight at 10pm, they'll probably be a few people lined up.

suaveric

I'm hoping that the cold will deter most people from lining up until tomorrow morning. There's no way I could take an entire night out in line. I'm planning on waiting 3-4 hours max in the morning.

evil ways

There won't be any lines in my area cause all the stores are inside the mall and aren't doing any midnight sales, plus I doubt anybody would be stupid enough to wait outside the mall until 9:00am then have to run or walk to EB, Gamestop, KB or Sears. Walmarts aren't 24 hour stores either, just the regular ones.

Toys R Us are across the street but they don't allow that sorta thing while the store is still open, so anybody planning to head to my local Toys R Us and camp out will have to do so after 10pm tonight.

Alcibiades

I really hope that by the time I can get to Circuit City tonight (6pm) there won't be more than 5 people in line, because I really wanna have a shot at a premium system...

IJoel

Damn you MS for botching this launch!

I really want one, but there's no way I'll be waiting in line for more than an hour.

DaCocoBrova

^^

Not that I know, but I'd imagine that being even worse.

I'm hard wired to never buy anything I have to wait too long in line for. I spend all that wait time really thinking about what I'm waiting for, and if it's even worth the expense. It never is.

Dilbert

God DAMN it, people. Waiting in line for 12+ hours for a VIDEO GAME CONSOLE is fucking crazy. Hell, that might be more time than you spend beating most of the games!

Will it kill you to wait for a few weeks for a more reasonable supply to show up? You're going to be waiting MONTHS for the next batch of good games, anyway...

DaCocoBrova

-jinx- said:
God DAMN it, people. Waiting in line for 12+ hours for a VIDEO GAME CONSOLE is fucking crazy. Hell, that might be more time than you spend beating most of the games!

Will it kill you to wait for a few weeks for a more reasonable supply to show up? You're going to be waiting MONTHS for the next batch of good games, anyway...

Don't ruin their fun. I'm sure there was a time when you were this excited about something. I'm enjoying their excitement to be honest.

A week from now, the excitement will die down, consoles will be much easier to find, and we'll be ~$400 richer as a reward for our steadfastness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom