• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anybody seen any 360 lines at store yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-jinx- said:
God DAMN it, people. Waiting in line for 12+ hours for a VIDEO GAME CONSOLE is fucking crazy. Hell, that might be more time than you spend beating most of the games!

Will it kill you to wait for a few weeks for a more reasonable supply to show up? You're going to be waiting MONTHS for the next batch of good games, anyway...

Are you trying to convince them or yourself?

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
The midtown BB isn't line friendly at all. I hate the layout of that place.

Dilbert

Shogmaster said:
Are you trying to convince them or yourself?
I don't need convincing.

Look, I can understand the waiting-in-line-early phenomenon to some extent...but not for games. I lost MANY hours of sleep in my younger days waking up insanely early to wait in line for concert tickets. But, that was for something which was a TRULY limited commodity -- there were only a few seats in the venue, and in most cases, the band only came through once. (Similar logic would apply to something like getting good seats for the Tournament of Roses parade.) I can ALMOST understand the "first showing" movie phenomenon, but only to a point. Getting to a theater a couple of hours early on opening night and hanging out with friends while in line? Reasonable. Sitting out in front of a theater WEEKS ahead of a premiere? Crazy.

This system will be around for years, and although I was being somewhat flip, it really WILL be a long time before the library grows significantly. It's an odd set of urgency that people have about this launch.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
This system will be around for years, and although I was being somewhat flip, it really WILL be a long time before the library grows significantly. It's an odd set of urgency that people have about this launch.

Well, I don't know... Maybe because this is a videogame forum?

I dunno.

FallenOne666 said:
Any news about the line status for the Midtown, NY Bestbuy?
I'm curious about this too. They're getting 126 pro units and 40 cores. I'm hoping the predicted rain comes and gets rid of the line so I can come in around 10:30.

Any NYCers have alternate plans if midtown sells out before you get one?

Mercury Fred said:
I'm curious about this too. They're getting 126 pro units and 40 cores. I'm hoping the predicted rain comes and gets rid of the line so I can come in around 10:30.

Any NYCers have alternate plans if midtown sells out before you get one?

Just called, there's a line but the Customer Service lady could not give me a good approximation, since she had not looked outside in awhile. She said there were "way more than 20" a couple of hours ago.

shpankey

not an idiot
-jinx- said:
God DAMN it, people. Waiting in line for 12+ hours for a VIDEO GAME CONSOLE is fucking crazy. Hell, that might be more time than you spend beating most of the games!

Will it kill you to wait for a few weeks for a more reasonable supply to show up? You're going to be waiting MONTHS for the next batch of good games, anyway...
Good Lord, get a grip man.

FallenOne666 said:
Just called, there's a line but the Customer Service lady could not give me a good approximation, since she had not looked outside in awhile. She said there were "way more than 20" a couple of hours ago.
Ah thanks. Well, no midtown at midnight for me.

stewy

One of the perks of living in a smaller town, I guess. I'll be shocked if I go into Futureshop or WalMart tomorrow and there aren't still systems on the shelves.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Shawn said:
Sh*t. The way things are going, this could be as big -- or bigger -- than the PS2 launch.

yeah, people were able to get to the store 3 hours before opening and get a system.

i'm going 7 hours before and i'm having doubts

Shawn

Banned
Sh*t. The way things are going, this could be as big -- or bigger -- than the PS2 launch.

[...]extra stock ends up sitting on the shelves tomarrow.

Like I said, it sounds like it's guaranteed that that's NOT gonna happen.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
DopeyFish said:
yeah, people were able to get to the store 3 hours before opening and get a system.

i'm going 7 hours before and i'm having doubts

Not sure where you were during the PS2 launch, at the Best Buy we were at, if you weren't there atleast 8 hours before opening you were getting anything.

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
wow, I called the walmart supercenter in salem,nh and they are doing 1 per customer no numbers etc...and there is a line right now IN SALEM NH

DopeyFish

dskillzhtown said:
Not sure where you were during the PS2 launch, at the Best Buy we were at, if you weren't there atleast 8 hours before opening you were getting anything.

i wasn't in line for anything. But there were like 5 people i know that only went 3 hours before launch for their kids and all scored systems. Not sure what store they went to, though.

360 will be my first line, and honestly wal-mart and best buy aren't helping anything by being elusive asshats

shpankey

not an idiot
lines have already started at all our Best Buy's and Wal-Mart's (haven't checked Targert yet). from what the employees said, if you're not here already, you probably aren't getting one. :/ (they said they aren't getting very many systems).

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
I waited in line for 18 hours for the PS2.

I waited in line for around 6 hours for the GCN.

Won't wait in line for the X360. Will probably buy one 4-12 months down the road.

Won't wait in line for the PS3 unless it is NOT $500 or it has some life changing game launching with it that isn't MGS4. Will probably buy one later if I don't at launch.

Will PROBABLY wait in line for the Revolution, unless it launches with a completely craptastic software lineup. If the launch lineup sucks, well.. I won't have much faith in Nintendo to pull it around. Long live handhelds.

Prine

Banned
Reminds me of Halo2 madness. Those pics were hillerious, espeically the guys dressed up as Master Chief. Hockey padding and a motorbike helmet :lol

JAYSUS

Waiting in line for that long is simply unfathomable to me. However, in the past couple of years I've developed some serious social anxiety disorder, or some shit like that... I can't wait in long lines. Panic attacks and such. Oh well. I waited for about three hours for the GC launch. That was the only time I ever did that for a console.

What really fries me is that I've heard that employees from stores around here are getting/paying their friends and parents to wait in line for them tomorrow morning. I'll be mad if I lose out getting a system because the line was filled with ringers.

Drey1082

I live fairly close to the bestbuy in the Lincoln Park/ Lakeview area of Chicago. I'm assuming that line is going to be crazy. I might head over there tonight to take pictures at the type of people that would camp out in the 20-30 degree weather overnight.

Limedust

Just think, a handful of these launch-day-adopters are going to be purchasing defective units. Cruel, but there should be some interesting stores in another day or so.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
LOL

the wal mart I planned on going has 20 people in line arleady

bye!

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
just like to say, after calling around in the boston/nh area, pretty fucked for getting one at launch

Sh0k

Stopped by the WalMart closest to my work place, by the Doral area in Miami. There is already 7 people waiting in the line and they only have 14 premium and more of the core systems.

I'm heading to the Best Buy at Dadeland Station after work to see how many people are already in the line. If there is too many people, I guess I will have to wait for Circuit City, because the CompUSA near by Dadeland only got 4 premiums in stock :-(

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
DarienA said:
That's a negative on that for me... I'm too far behind in terms of games I want to play THIS generation to justify picking up a X360 at console launch, and for me none of the launch titles holds I gotta buy this now interest. Though I have to quantify that statement with if I happen to be out and about this weekend and see one... I might... there's definitely a few titles coming down the road (though I don't think they are coming til early '06) that I'll definitely pick up the system for. I'm keeping my eye on Frame City Killers, and I'm curious about Test Drive and Ridge....

Yea, same thing for me. I was going to camp out tonight for one, but there honestly isn't anything I want to play on it this year to justify spending $400 right now when there are a bunch of PS2, PSP, and DS games I want to play this year. At launch the only 100% exclusive game I'm interested in is PGR3. The other games I can get on other consoles/PC if I want (and I already got NFS on PS2 and will get Kong tomorrow) and as good as PGR3 may be it isn't worth $460 to me.

Down the line I want Gears of War, Halo 3, Too Human, Dead Rising, and RE5 but by the time those are out the console will be easier to get.

Xenon

GashPrex said:
guess they all missed the next-gen.biz article

Maybe I should print a few hundred up and accidentally let them fly out of my car window as I pass the store.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
DopeyFish said:
WTF

*prepares line bribe money*
in the PS2 line there was a thought. Someone in line would charge each person behind him $1-5 to cut in front of him (there were 150 people in line at the best buy for it). If he got, say, 75 people back, that could be as much as $375 he collects from his endeavor. Now go up to the front of the line and offer the first person $375 to be first in line. Of course the outrage when people find out they essentially paid $5 for nothing would be huge...

DopeyFish

borghe said:
in the PS2 line there was a thought. Someone in line would charge each person behind him $1-5 to cut in front of him (there were 150 people in line at the best buy for it). If he got, say, 75 people back, that could be as much as $375 he collects from his endeavor. Now go up to the front of the line and offer the first person $375 to be first in line. Of course the outrage when people find out they essentially paid $5 for nothing would be huge...

im thinking more a long the lines of

"want an ipod video? Yes? Well let me take your place in line and it's yours"

bitwise

Banned
Xenon said:
Maybe I should print a few hundred up and accidentally let them fly out of my car window as I pass the store.

unless people crap in line, they probably wont need any toilet paper to wipe with.

DopeyFish said:
im thinking more a long the lines of

"want an ipod video? Yes? Well let me take your place in line and it's yours"

dopey if your serious about the ipod video ill sell you my premium system at cost plus the ipod, thats what i planned on getting with my profit anyways :D

Drey1082

borghe said:

Actually, there's probably tons of money to be made if you live in a big city. If you could sell, food, coffee/ caffeine, you'd probably make pretty good money. Even just passing out advertising for your business would most likely be pretty effective.

DopeyFish

truffleshuffle83 said:
dopey if your serious about the ipod video ill sell you my premium system at cost plus the ipod, thats what i planned on getting with my profit anyways :D

i dunno man... if you get it here tomorrow lol

Dr_Cogent

Banned
bitwise said:
where is the inconvenience if you've planned on doing it?

The inconvienance of eating, taking a piss,...

Hell, I didn't like to wait an hour to ride a coaster at Cedar Point when I was younger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom