• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anybody seen any 360 lines at store yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
krypt0nian said:
WOW I guess the mainstream press is right.....360 = BOMBA.

Dumbass fucks! :lol

This doesn't mean anything. If they don't get enough produced for the holidays...

BOMBA it is.

PS3 hype machine begins Jan 1, 2006.

Watch.

bitwise

Banned
heh. dont like the 360 attention eh?

i can see some of you physically squirming over it with the comments you are making.

Dr_Cogent

Banned
krypt0nian said:
WOW I guess the mainstream press is right.....360 = BOMBA.

Dumbass fucks! :lol

The mainstream press is littered with a ton of fucking idiots. I'm not saying 360 is a bomba or is either.

DaCocoBrova

bitwise said:
heh. dont like the 360 attention eh?

i can see some of you physically squirming over it with the comments you are making.

If you're talking to me, go ahead and lay your theories to rest. I don't participate in the fanboy shit. Never have. Never will.**

Unless M$, Sony or Nintendo plans on sponsoring me.

DaCocoBrova said:
This doesn't mean anything. If they don't get enough produced for the holidays...

BOMBA it is.

PS3 hype machine begins Jan 1, 2006.

Watch.

God DAMN this all hurts you. :lol

PS3 hype is far far lessened compared to last go around.

Dr_Cogent said:
The mainstream press is littered with a ton of fucking idiots. I'm not saying 360 is a bomba or is either.

Oh I agree. But GAF sure loves to post the negative writeups here.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
ocelittle said:
So when the hell is MS going to get off their asses and tell us when we can expect more units?!?

probably just after it launches in all 3 territories

they pile as many as they can for all 3 launches then slowly replenish.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Ok I apologize for this being the third time I posted it but I didn't see this thread. :(

I just got back from Best Buy (Dadeland Station, Miami, FL) to check up on the procedure to pick up my system at Midnight. It's great, no wait in line, and the second I show up is when I'm brought into the store to the back to pick up my stuff and whatever else I need.

Now here's the crazy part: As of 1pm today there were a little more than 70 people in line already. The kid in front has been there since 7am. Wow.

bitwise

Banned
TekunoRobby said:
Oh I can, want me to? I live less than 5 minutes from it.

i really do. I've been dying to see some pics since the reports of the lines started heh.

we would all appreciate it! always good material.

DaCocoBrova said:
'Hype' isn't quantifiable.

So I guess they shouldn't bother then since it may as well equal zero.

Hype is a feeling. And that feeling is far far less than last go around.

Lines this long a day before tells you how much hype is in effect for the 360. They sure aren't "waiting for the PS3"

And I hope you'll be here for the PS3 launch full of wait and see negativity, DaCocobrova.

Cause I know I'll be there defending it against poor logic and haterz.

VALIS

TekunoRobby said:
Oh I can, want me to? I live less than 5 minutes from it.

Yeah, please do that. And anyone else who can, take pics. I always love looking at video game line pics from here, Japan, Europe, whatever.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
bitwise said:
i really do. I've been dying to see some pics since the reports of the lines started heh.

we would all appreciate it! always good material.
Thug love baby, thug love.

I'll be back in a half hour or so.

DaCocoBrova

krypt0nian said:
So I guess they shouldn't bother then since it may as well equal zero.

Hype is a feeling. And that feeling is far far less than last go around.

This, coming from someone on a videogame message board... Which accounts for a a very small portion of prospective buyers.

My original point to all this was that they M$ has to meet demand as best they can this Xmas season, or they'll be running a very steep uphill battle...which they can afford to do (again) but for how much longer.

I want the 360 to do well and offer great content. Speaking towards issues that may prevent that is no reason to get your panties ina bunch.

DaCocoBrova said:
My original point to all this was that they M$ has to meet demand as best they can this Xmas season, or they'll be running a very steep uphill battle...which they can afford to do (again) but for how much longer.

Well that's evident. But in the end it didn't harm the PS2 to be in short supply - it just drove the need to have one even higher. This time the hype is strong, and that's all they need to sell out for a decent period of time post launch.

SuperPac

Checked my Best Buy's line... now it's 80-90 people lined up for the midnight launch. That doesn't count the people who will undoubtedly cut in line to be with their friends. I'm guessing Best Buy won't hand out numbers till 9-10 p.m.... that means that some people who're lined up now will probably likely be screwed. Plus the parking lot is absolutely full already.

PS3 has no hype. Sony hasn't said shit about it's console beyond E3 and the MGS4 demo. With a lackluster online infastructure, Sony is once again going to pimp "their" computer to be a "home entertainment system" of the future. Please. :lol

monkeyrun

SuperPac said:
Checked my Best Buy's line... now it's 80-90 people lined up for the midnight launch. That doesn't count the people who will undoubtedly cut in line to be with their friends. I'm guessing Best Buy won't hand out numbers till 9-10 p.m.... that means that some people who're lined up now will probably likely be screwed. Plus the parking lot is absolutely full already.
it amazes me how people doesn't have to work or go to school on Mondays

bitwise

Banned
shpankey said:
enough with the "M$" for crying out loud. makes me cringe everytime.

never really understood the reason for it anyways. It is supposed to be a subtle dig at microsoft? if so, that impact was lost probably during the billions of times its been used over the years.

shpankey

not an idiot
monkeyrun said:
they doesn't? why doesn't they i wonder? i know i doesn't know. does you doesn't know either?

:D

SuperPac

monkeyrun said:

I hope they all want to buy Core systems. That might give me a fighting chance still. MIGHT. Friend of mine is going to get in line now. I'll join him in a couple hours.

I wonder how many of these people are unaware that the system won't run their regular Xbox games or use their old controllers. I'm gonna guess a lot of them.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
HAHA the line got bigger when I arrived at 2pm.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

EDIT 1: I accidentally hit enter, editing it to add in all 8 pictures!

EDIT 2: Hosting is kindly provided by Demi. Remember, for all your Nick Frost needs nothing does it better than Frostitution.net.

BojTrek

Banned
You know what sucks... Microsoft sucks... How can they be sending only 10 units to a Wal-Mart in the Chicago, 8 units to a surrounding suburb Wal-Mart...

Best Buy, Target and Circuit City all have next to nothing for a LAUNCH!

This is seriously a joke... why not launch in USA with all units possible and Europe/Japan early 2006... we were Microsoft's bread/butter here in the USA... why slack off on units for us... the loyal X-Box users...

Unreal!

Ryck

My friends are about to line up at Wal mart for tonight midnight sale. Its 11:35 am here so they are in for a long day. I called a bunch wal marts for them and they all have 10-15 people in line. (I called roughly 15 wal marts.)

BojTrek said:
You know what sucks... Microsoft sucks... How can they be sending only 10 units to a Wal-Mart in the Chicago, 8 units to a surrounding suburb Wal-Mart...

Best Buy, Target and Circuit City all have next to nothing for a LAUNCH!

This is seriously a joke... why not launch in USA with all units possible and Europe/Japan early 2006... we were Microsoft's bread/butter here in the USA... why slack off on units for us... the loyal X-Box users...

Unreal!

Ouch, looks like we Chicagoans are fucked. Man oh man I hope my BB hook-up pulls through. :lol

AirBrian

TekunoRobby said:
HAHA the line got bigger when I arrived at 2pm.

bestbuy14it.jpg

bestbuy25jo.jpg

bestbuy32ra.jpg

bestbuy43ue.jpg

EDIT: I accidentally hit enter, editing it to add in all 8 pictures!
:lol :lol

That guy with the Halo 2 shirt is priceless.

BTW, where is this at?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I cant make it over to the best buy at 86th and lex in Manhattan cause of work and it wouldnt matter my digital camera is broken,but someone on the teamxbox forums said atleast 100 people were on line :| One I dont think the store was getting that many and two......it opens at 9 am I believe.

We are also expecting rain tonight,man those poor dorks.I can understand the waiting for the midnight launch better than this.

:eek: @ those pics

shpankey

not an idiot
Maybe it's just me, but I find this kind of stuff fun. It's cool to just sit around, hang out, talk about games, play games (handhelds) and anticipate getting to play the new system. Something about it is kind of magical. It's got that...

Je ne sais quoi.

I don't understand why some of you feel compelled to call them names and pretend like you are somehow better than them just because you won't go wait in a line. Like that makes you less of a nerd or something.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Those are alot of people. It isn't even dark yet!!

TekunoRobby, Did Best Buy furnish the chairs for them? If so that is pretty classy. But I don't see any GBAs or PSPs out there!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom