• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anybody seen any 360 lines at store yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Jared

Raiden said:
Wow, you really make me feel like a nerd now.

1up.com visits -1

:D

Heeeey. . I'm being sincere! I actually enjoy the whole waiting in line for the hottest toy bit. Sure, it's a hassle but it's all about embracing your inner-nerd. And if you can play a bit of Stratego in line while cooking up some porkchops. . then it's all the better.

Though, I can't say I don't feel completely relieved. My original plan was to bolt out of the office early and go scan the lines until midnight or so and hop in. Knowing what we know now, I more than likely would have been completely screwed. I'm still going to swing by my Best Buy tonight out of curiosity.

Compare to the PS2 launch, I think this is actually quite a bit more insane, only with much less media hype surrounding it. Much less.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
FrenchMovieTheme said:
i am screwed dudes! apparently the hawthorne bestbuy (where i was going to go) has 200+ people in line already. there were people already in line LAST night @ 6 pm! damn you bums with no school/jobs!

there is still hope that my buddy can come through for me tomorrow morning. hopefully i can get one, but we'll see :(

Same situation in all of Oklahoma.

Every Wal-mart has lines of 200+ people, even though they've already told them there won't be enough systems(48 per). Target and Circuit City don't open until 8:00am, but there are already more people lined up than systems. Only 16 and 20 each at those.

It's a geek bloodbath out there.

hgplayer1

I think Im pretty much screwed.

my brother went by Best Buy again this evening and said there are like 20 people already outside waiting. they arent even doing a midnight launch so these people are waiting for when they open tomorrow at 9.

I just came back from Wal Mart and there are at least a dozen people already in the layaway department. might have been up to 20. its hard to tell how many systems that translates to since you dont know how many people came together.

Ill pick up a Core pack if I have to but Im pretty skeptical at this point that Ill be able to find one at all. Ill go by Wal Mart around midnight to see if maybe the line wasnt indicative of how many were gonna get sold and maybe luck out and walk away with one. if that doesnt work Ill try the various stores in the morning.

I really hate the way all this has taken place and like I said before it kind of makes me want to give up on gaming. this industry has us by the balls! :lol

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Passed by work (Best Buy Hialeah) to pick up VJ for the DS. It was about 6 PM and there was a line of about, oh 25-35 people. I haven't even bothered to ask my supervisors what the allocation for the store is, but if that list floating about is right, it's around 60 premiums and 20 core packs.

Lucky me gets to open the store at 8 AM and be a 360 salesman for the day. It's going to be fun pitching accessories and games for something I have little personal interest in getting at the moment. :lol

Speaking of which, I don't know about other Best Buys, but mine will have the majority packaged as a bundle with warranties/accessories and whatnot. As far as I heard, we're only reserving about 20 systems for standalone purchases.

Good luck to all of you hoping to get one first thing in the morning.

DustinC

Is Wal Mart doing the lottery thing that they did for the last gen launches? If so, regardless of what spot you have in line, you might have a chance of picking one up.

I remember being 7th in line for a 'cube when they launched and not getting one because my # wasn't drawn...

Bastards.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
DustinC said:
Is Wal Mart doing the lottery thing that they did for the last gen launches? If so, regardless of what spot you have in line, you might have a chance of picking one up.

I remember being 7th in line for a 'cube when they launched and not getting one because my # wasn't drawn...

Bastards.

First come, first served.

bitwise

Banned
Rhindle said:
So how does this compare with the PS2 launch? I don't remember it being quite as crazy, but I could be mistaken.

ps2 had more media hype but its looking like 360 has more 'real world' hype going by the line reports.

Fifty

from that auction: "It has been confermed that I will have the xbox on the 22nd"

Something about that makes me not want to pay him $1000

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Fifty said:
from that auction: "It has been confermed that I will have the xbox on the 22nd"

Something about that makes me not want to pay him $1000

Yep. If someone doesn't have a PICTURE of the exact Xbox360 they have in stock, I wouldn't bid a single dollar.

Ramirez

Yea my WM had 18 chairs and each chair had a sign that said what system it was for,4 seats being $400 and 14 being $300.

Fifty

That's a great idea. I support all stores being upfront about how many they're getting in..Providing chairs is even better. All this talk about lines forming early has me worried, but I'm sticking with my plan and I'm still assuming getting to this Walmart at 12:00 (7 hours early) will mean I'm near the very front of the line

joaomgcd

It would be so cool if there were no shortages at all and this was all just an elaborate scheme to make us all rush into buying the 360! :D

Plano, Texas Best buy has over 250 people in line as of 3pm today..

Midnight opening for them. Only 140 premium units

Walmart had 6 units available.. 4 cores.. 2 premiums on Spring Creek/Coit in Plano.. They had 10 people waiting as of 4pm o_O

Cloudy

Banned
A manager at a store I won't name is hooking me up. Was just talking to my bro and he called and asked her. Yessssssss! :D

Rhindle said:
So how does this compare with the PS2 launch? I don't remember it being quite as crazy, but I could be mistaken.

Here's an article I wrote back in the day for my website (as such, apologies in advance for some of the dated info.)

PlayStation 2 Launch
By Glen Bayer

A little prologue here for ya. Sony sold a total of 500,000 units on launch, October 26. They had originally planned to sell 1 million consoles but shortages did not allow that number to blossom. The PlayStation 2 holds the current distinction of having the most profitable launch in entertainment history. Sony also holds the record for the most games launched with a gaming system.

I was there for the launch of the PS2 and I can tell you through first hand experience that it was an amazing event.

October 25 - The Sony loving Elliot Ballance, miniature-sized Ben Marx, the juice-drink-consuming Steve Graham, and of course, the important man of the crowd, Glen Bayer (myself), together set out on a perilous journey to acquire the Sony PlayStation 2. Little did we know that we would have to traverse many obstacles in order to complete our quest.

Ben was our chauffuer as we used his car, a horse-and-carriage dating back to the 1800s (The Beast), to get around for the night. We arrived at Best Buy, which is connected to North Town Mall, Anoka County, MN, at approximately 6:00 p.m. We scoped out the area and saw the line for the PS2 launch was still unused. We decided we would wait until after Best Buy closed before we placed ourselves in the line, of which we assumed, we would be spending the entire night in.

The three of us, with little Ben trailing behind, entered the mall and began browsing the many stores contained within. We walked back and forth...and just for kicks, we walked back and forth again. We were thoroughly enjoying ourselves. Suddenly our feminine Elliot decided he needed a fresh supply of lotion, so we were off to <i>Bath and Body Works</i>. Steve and the little rascal, Ben, thought it would be fun to spray Elliot and I with some strong, old woman perfume. It was enough fragrance to give me an immediate migraine. That was it, I picked up a bottle of Berry-Berry-Fruity-Cherry-Vanilla and dispensed a large portion onto Steve. Ben, the little one, was able to escape my grasp by running between my legs. Sneaky one he is. Fresh air was needed, so we exited the store and allowed our nasals to clear.

Elliot decided he had enough walking for the day so he demanded his bitch, Steve, to push him around in a red cart that was sitting alone in the bustling mall hallway (a thanks goes out to Target). Ben and I simply followed. At this point Elliot decided he wanted a nipple ring. So together, Steve and Elliot set out on their side-journey to acquire a state of the art nipple ring.

Their first stop was a well-known jewelry provider known as <i>Claire's</i>. The employee of <i>Claire's</i> did not appreciate the cart barging into her small headquarters and immediately gave the two nipple-ring-acquiring-fools the boot. The chance to query the attendant about the nipple ring was never given. Disappointment filled the fragile minds of the two young men. They would not give up, however. They proceeded to enter a book store known as <i>Waldenbooks</i>. The employee was remarkably frightened and suggested them to instead try <i>Spencer's</i>. Elliot was saddened by yet another failed attempt, however kept his faith in the possibility of <i>Spencer's</i> nipple-ring-retailing. With his motivation also slowly fading away, Steve continued to trudge along pushing Elliot in his homeless cart, this time heading into a clothing store, <i>Abercrombie & Fitch</i>. Again, they received the shaft. Yet their journey still continued... On the way to <i>Spencer's</i> they became sidetracked again, entering a fine jewelry store. Steve pushed Elliot in beside one of the counters and together, sincerely asked, "Can we take a look at the wedding rings?" The store attendant, thinking the two males were serious, put on her business-like aura and attempted to sell them the fine piece of jewelry. With a simple, "no thanks" the two were out of there. Finally, they reached their final destination, <i>Spencer's</i>. A white holy light emitted from the store opening. A chubby woman dressed up as the Honey Nut Cheerio's BuzzBee, was there to assist us. Elliot questioned, "Do you have nipple rings?" The jolly woman said, "Of course." Elliot remarked, "Ah, nevermind, I've changed my mind and don't want one." Mission complete.

Artificial feces or more commonly known as the acronym, AF. If you were to encounter an object resembling that of a (how do I say this) poo, would you touch it? A few years back I purchased a piece of AF in 'Ye Olde Curiosity Shop' located near <i>Pike's Place Market</i> in Seattle, Washington. I later managed to smuggle this contraband into Minnesota. Anyway, let me just say that mall janitors despise me and my AF but Asian men get a kick out of it. I'll allow your imagination to do the rest. Nevermind, I won't. We were soon inconspicuously resting on mall benches while I, Glen, placed the little pile of plastic dog poo in the center of the main hallway. Most people just looked at it with disbelief, but there was the occasional person that accidentally kicked it and then shrieked in disgust before checking the bottom of their white tennies. Then Elliot, deciding something more had to be done, walked over and kneeled next to the AF. He then proceeded to lick it. The kids inside Kay-Bee-Toys were amazed by that one.

Since Kay-Bee-Toys looked welcoming, we decided to give it a browse. On the floor of one of the aisles, Elliot decided to have one of his "seizures". It's amazing to note how many people will just walk past someone who is flopping around on the floor babbling incoherently, and then pretend like they didn't notice it. Perhaps if he would have foamed at the mouth a little…

Soon after our chaos, of which ended with the torture of a mall security guard (9:00 p.m.), we made our way outside to the still desolate PS2 line located directly in front of the main entrance. Hold up. I apologize for misleading you. The beating of a mall security guard was actually a lie. Although we would sure like to, if given the chance.

We realized the weather wasn't as solemn as we thought it would be. As we exited Best Buy, we found it had begun drizzling. Being unprepared as always, we did not have sufficient items for cover. Luckily though, the drizzle quickly turned into a mist and then subsided for the remainder of the evening. During the initial hours of the night from around 9:00 - 10:00 pm, we lazily lounged on Best Buy's sidewalk. I plopped myself into the Target cart. By this time, additional people had begun lining up. We were all set with our chairs, umbrellas, cooler, and blankets. We were camping, indeed. Like in the good old days, without the all them fancy, shmancy electronics. There were about a dozen people following us in line. They were all stoners and basically stayed to themselves. We played a little GameBoy Color, ate a little food (Chinese Sweet and Sour Chicken and Hershey's Cookies and Cream) , and comfortably settled in for the long haul.

It's time to bring up the topic of security guards again. Best Buy <b>=</b> Mall property <b>+</b> mall security guards who want us off of the property <b>x</b> four idiots <b>=</b> bad news. These factors created a terrible mixture, not to mention the security guards made their rounds every half hour. At this point we had already acquired a following. There were nearly 40 individuals in a single file line following the length of the Best Buy building. The security guard's shift had just begun and as he rounded the corner in his jeep, he quickly noticed a large mass of gaming flesh. "Excuse me, he asks. I am Officer Dick. Could you please tell me why you are all standing there like complete morons?"

Our response was a simple, "PlayStation 2."

I was sitting in the Target Cart we had picked up earlier, so the security guard proceeded to get physical. I was then told to get out of the cart and place it back in the mall. He concluded with a strip search. No, not really.

Half hour later...

Officer Dick questions as he stops in front of us, once again, "What is a PlayStation 2? Oh, and also I want you guys to leave the mall premises by 10:00."

So we all picked up our stuff, went home and lived happily ever after….I'm kidding. The only people that left were the stoners, who were gone almost before the squad car pulled to a complete stop. I guess a couple individuals had their stuff with them, if you catch my drift. However, no one else left the line. About 40 people altogether are in line at this point.

As it neared the mall closing time, the mall security began getting nastier. No, no, there weren't anymore strip searches. After reiterating every ten minutes the fact that we must "leave the mall premises", they were becoming annoyed. At this time, some pasty-white gamer became our self-elected spokesman. There's no way in hell I can remember <i>his</i> name, so for now, we'll just have to call him Pasty-White-Gamer. Pasty-White-Gamer was your average Star Trek/Sci Fi geek. By average I mean he was 26, didn't have a job, and lived in his mom's basement. Pasty-White-Gamer and a couple others attempted to reason with the mall security but to no avail. It's like...damn.

So it's about 11:00 p.m. at this time. There are now about 60 people who have stopped by for the all-nighter. Nobody is going anywhere, and mall security is starting to get really sick of Pasty-White-Gamer and his constant begging/flattering/reasoning/discussing/geekiness. They tell us that even though Best Buy previously said we could camp outside, the mall is still privately owned, so in effect, we were trespassing on private property. Pasty-White-Gamer made some crack about how this was the "most public property he'd ever seen". That was the last straw. The mall security goons told us that if we weren't gone by the next time they drove by, they would call the cops. We were beginning to get a tad nervous, but were, nonetheless, determined not to move. I think Elliot summed up our thoughts best when he said: <i>"What the hell are they afraid of us doing? Ooh, I can see it in the papers now: 'Pasty White Mob of Geeks Attack Police!' Yeah like that's gonna happen."</i> Oh, but I forgot that all the world's violence is blamed on video games. So therefore we must all be psychos just waiting for the chance to hack someone apart with a video game controller or give someone a concussion with an Xbox.

Finally, the cops show up. *cue in Bad Boy theme music* Initially one car, then another, then another, then another. At one point I believe there were five or six cop cars/vans and mall security cars lined up in front of the sidewalk. A few police cars found it necessary to turn on their cherries. A couple of pudgy, donut-breathed goons got out of their cars displaying their riot gear consisting of beating sticks, etc, and asked us what was going on. Pasty-White-Gamer attempts one last-ditch effort, but once again, gets nowhere. Damn he was ugly. Anyway, they tell us all that we have to leave immediately and that we can come back at 4:00 a.m. We get more nervous. No one moves. Then they tell us to leave again. We get really nervous. Then they tell us that if we don't get off of mall property immediately, they'll start arresting people. That was enough. All of us got up and quickly moved to a far corner of the parking lot, away from the store on a little patch of grass, behind trees.

The hours between 1 and 3 o'clock in the morning were kind of a blur. We were tired and not much of what occurred can be remembered. We do, however, remember making the discovery that there is only so much Mountain Dew one can consume in a single night. At one point in the night, we took a walk around the residential streets and found a playground. Half asleep, we rocked back and forth on the swings. Later on we decided to make the trek over to the 24-hour <i>Cub Foods</i>, of which was directly across from Best Buy. An hour passed by with no recollection of what the hell we had just been doing. Steve is the only one who managed to fall asleep. Sometime during the night we also managed to eat at <i>Perkins</i> and stop by <i>Wal-Mart</i> to see the scale of their line-up of gamers, of which was probably around 80.

Cart crashing was never realized. Was it my fault? No, of course not. It was David's fault. Who is David? Well, he's from Portugal. That explains everything now doesn't it.

By now, us and everyone else camping out is starting to get extremely antsy. (3:30 am) There are nearly 100 of us camping out in front the parking lot of <i>Cub Foods</i> and the surrounding residential streets. The plan was to begin lining up again at 4:00 a.m. and take our original spots in line. Four o'clock is nearing and everyone is wide awake, even Steve.

On your marks, get set, GO! People were lined up, digging the tips of their feet into the ground, readying for the sprint. Suddenly a car pulled up in front of Best Buy and a man jumped out. *BAM* The flow of men, women, and children was allowed wide open. It began with a brisk walk at first, but as someone walked faster than the person next to him/her, the aforementioned person quickened his pace to keep up. People jumped out from behind bushes, buildings, and from cars and sprinted towards Best Buy. Everyone resorted to a mad dash to acquire the best spot in line. It was pure chaos. It was seriously insane and I deeply regret not getting it on video. A flow of nearly a hundred people all coming together at one destination. It was like Tickle me Elmo all over again -- minus the mothers beating each other. The four of us luckily managed to get in around a position of 25. So much for being first in line, dammit!

After a few minutes and a few arguments the mass of gamers were finally strung out in something, somewhat resembling the line from earlier that night. Conversations occur around us about what planned software purchases are, how long they've been waiting, etc. There was one conversation that particularly interested me. There were a group of fools talking about the Nintendo 64 2. Damn, did those kids need to be slapped. Idiots.

We are now all tired, hungry and just a little bit cranky. Then someone muttered those fateful words, <i>"It can't get much worse that this."</i> Haha...hahahaha...hahahahahahahaha. My a$$.

Rain - you usually picture little droplets of condensation gently falling from the sky and softly landing on your body and then sliding off in caressing manner, but no, this was of waterfall proportions. Imagine someone taking a bucket and pouring it over your head or a fireman taking a hose and pelting you with water at 60 fps (how's that possible, you ask? Well, don't ask.) We made our way into the mall, taking turns standing out in line to keep our spot in the relentless rain. While the elderly performed their daily walk and jog throughout the mall (This was the inspiration for my past topic about elderly in shopping malls. Some of you may remember this.), we were warming our hands and unsuccessfully attempting to dry our clothes with the restroom hand dryers. The old people looked at us and laughed. "Look at those youngins. I always knew playing those things made your brain rot. You know, when I was a child..."

It was approaching 9:00 a.m. so we made our journey back outside into the elements. Luckily the rain had subsided and the morning sun was even attempting to break through. By this time there were nearly 150 people profiling the bloated sidewalk of Best Buy. Eventually Best Buy employees began showing up for work. They tell us they won't be ready until 10:00. We try to pass the time by listening to some Zelda and Final Fantasy soundtracks.

Everybody is getting very antsy as the hour approaches. Finally a few Best Buy workers come out and begin passing out purchase tickets to everybody waiting in line. All four of us graciously take a ticket. The line is gigantic at this point. There is now about 250 people in line. And guess what? Best Buy only has an allocation of 200 units. The 50 or so people trailing at the end of the line either begin leaving, or begging others for their tickets. Eventually a man in his late 40s comes up to me, pulls out his wallet, and asks "how much"? "Err, does this look like a corner to you?" Actually, no I didn't say that. Me, the enormous idiot that I am, say a measly $40 and hand him the PS2 ticket. I now realize my demand could have been exponentially larger. Next comes a jolly, volumtuous woman who immediately begins reaching into her purse, grabbing a wad of cash. She seductively looks at Steve. Steve hands her $20 and takes her in his arms, in the process getting lost in her folds. Kidding, again. She asks Steve how much he'd be willing to sell his ticket for. Trying to one up me, he asks for $60. Doh! She gives him the sixty without even a simple attempt at bargaining.

9:30 a.m.

They finally open up the doors a half-hour before the official mall opening time, and allow the line to begin feeding into the store. The line moved VERY slowly. After, what seemed like an eternity, the first person came running out of the store carrying the most beautiful deep blue cardboard box we had seen in our lives. The entire line burst out into a cheer. Soon the morning sky was streaking with baby blue as people rushed out of the store clutching their PS2 boxes.

10:00 a.m. It's about damn time.

Quote from Wee Ben, <i>"My part of the line finally gets inside Best Buy. We looped around and were herded past a counter where we picked up our PS2. A television was parallel to the line, looping footage of released and future software titles. Everyone watched it, drooling. Next we moved past a couple of walls where we picked out the accessories and games that we wanted. Each was individually lying on a table. I was so happy I thought I would pee my pants. As I was waiting to pay for it, someone came up with a video camera and asked if they could ask me a question. I said sure. They asked me why I was here to buy the PS2. I was so giddy and tired that all I could get out was "Uh…It's cool, and I like RPG's!""</i>

Other people answered that same question with, "I didn't come to get the PS2, I came for Majora's Mask." That surprised me, as I had just bought it earlier that night at Wal-Mart.

Oh, and in case you're wondering, the Wee Ben bought a single title with his PS2, <i>Orphen</i>. Elliot bought <i>Summoner.</i> Hahaha, both games are crap.

It's finally over. Two of us are happily caressing our little blue boxes while the other two of us are happy to have made some cash. We pack up our gear and are getting ready to leave, when someone offers Ben $600 for his PS2. I say hell yes, and try to grab Ben's PS2. He resists. You know, he has a lower center of gravity. I'm not a wimp I tell you. Even after a long, hard, and pissful night, Ben thought nothing, not even $600, seemed worth it. Damn, my friends are idiots. I suppose I am too. Elliot drives home, the rest of us sleeping in the car. The End.

I look back on it now and I'm extremely glad I didn't go through with buying a PS2. Both Ben and Elliot regret it. The only thing they're glad they've gotten out of it is the use as a DVD player. Moral of the story: Eat dolphins.

hyp

about 20 in line at the walmart i went to today. lined up at 12pm, was 2nd in line... eventually the manager came out and gave the first 14 people vouchers. only 4 boxes were premium and the rest were core. horrible shipment. but luckily i was #2. i'm picking up my box at 12am. woo hoo!

pixelfish

Banned
As of a couple of minutes ago, there were 17 people standing inline to buy 360's at my Fred Meyer in town. My husband is number 16 and more people showed up as I left to get some provisions. There are only 17 non tard packs available and the store is opening tomorrow at 7am. Temp outside at 5:40 is 36 degrees and we'll be enjoying 30 degree temps tonight.

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
Then youd have people camping out for the numbers

to make people wait in the freezing cold overnight is ridiculous

Hell, those people waiting in the freezing rain are pretty ridiculous.

Mrbob

Yes! My embedded Walmart mole comes through for me. Number 21 in line for 22 premium systems! Stuck at work so there was no way I could get in line!

Get other people to do the dirty work for me. ;)

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Mrbob said:
Yes! My embedded Walmart mole comes through for me. Number 21 in line for 22 premium systems! Stuck at work so there was no way I could get in line!

An embedded mole at my Best Buy just got into a fight with people behind him because the buddy he was holding the position for showed up after work. Evidently, the police were called to settle the argument and were still there when I left. The line however stretched across the front of the store and wrapped around to car installations. That is impressive when you consider that it is pouring down raining and about 47 degrees outside.

bobble

There were about 20 kids at my Best Buy (Lincoln, NE) at around 4pm when I drove by. Tents and the whole shebang set up. I guess sleeping outside when it gets below freezing is worth it? Crazys!

Patrick Klepek

furiously molesting tim burton
Damn, wonder if I'm gonna be screwed. My Best Buy doesn't open until 9, and I don't plan on going out until at least 5am because I'm sick :p

cvxfreak

PanopticBlue said:
What's your gameplan and where do you live?

In the SF Bay Area. Me and my brother plan on getting in line at two different stores quite early to maximize our chances. And then Costco will be there for backup.

Seth C

Seth C said:
Guess I'm going to cruise over to Wal-Mart and check on the situation here.

So, after posting that I hit up the local Wal-Mart (Richmond, KY). At 2:30 there were already about 2 dozen people waiting in line. I quickly bailed and drove ten miles down the road to Berea. I was 15th in line there and they had 24 of the premium packages. So, after waiting in line from about 3pm to 9:30, the manager passed out the tickets and told us we were welcome to go home and come back at midnight.

If you weren't in line by about 4pm today, you're probably screwed.

Seth C

hadareud said:
All BS, just walk into a Wallmart or TRU and you will get one.

I cannot believe people preordered, people always fall for the hype. The last 23.7 console launches I just walked in a store and got one. Every new generation, I swear. I will walk into a store and get 5 and then ebay them.

Keep dreaming. Two Wal-Mart stores, and both in smallish towns, will be completely sold out of both packages immediately at midnight. All consoles are accounted for. Someone camped at Wal-Mart since 8pm last night. This launch is like nothing I've ever seen before. Insanity.

Triumph

Banned
I'm going to walk into Target tomorrow morning and get one, no problem.

How you ask?

I'm buying the Retard Pack! Hooray!

retard.gif

I cannot believe people preordered, people always fall for the hype. The last 23.7 console launches I just walked in a store and got one. Every new generation, I swear. I will walk into a store and get 5 and then ebay them.

:lol

i can only conclude this is a joke post

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker

You must live in NoWhere Town, Montana. Living in LA, its the total opposite. If you dont pre-order/Wait in line, Your Shit outta luck. Thats life in the big city

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
Fox Chicago just aired there 360 piece and the lines are big at Best Buy on the southside of Chi-town (200+). They just aired a poll asking "Would you wait in line for an Xbox 360?" which seems like a moot question considering the huge lines that have already formed. I want u guys to understand just how bad this is. CHICAGO the fuckin WINDY CITY has 200+ lines all over the place! Wind Chill factor in Chicago could freeze your nuts off in 5 minutes flat.

Seth C

ColdBlooded33 said:
You must live in NoWhere Town, Montana. Living in LA, its the total opposite. If you dont pre-order/Wait in line, Your Shit outta luck. Thats life in the big city

That's life everywhere for this launch. He just doesn't know about it yet. Berea, KY is a small town of 9,851 people. As of 4pm all 24 premium packages were accounted for. By 9pm all 22 core packages were also taken.

Good luck folks, you're going to need it if you wanted one tonight and are still at home.

SuperPac

Well, there's now a few people milling about at Target and Circuit City. Circuit City said they'd have 20-25 units. Target...who knows. I'm going by the earlier report of 25-50 per store. They pass out tickets at 6 a.m. I'll wake up at 4 and go over to see what it looks like. If there's more than 30 people in line, I go to Circuit City and if there's more than 20 I go back to bed 360less.

Ah well, with MS hoping to sell a couple million in 90 days I'm sure one'll turn up eventually. Gives me more time with Dragon Quest 8 and Mario Kart.

Shaheed79 said:
Fox Chicago just aired there 360 piece and the lines are big at Best Buy on the southside of Chi-town (200+). They just aired a poll asking "Would you wait in line for an Xbox 360?" which seems like a moot question considering the huge lines that have already formed. I want u guys to understand just how bad this is. CHICAGO the fuckin WINDY CITY has 200+ lines all over the place! Wind Chill factor in Chicago could freeze your nuts off in 5 minutes flat.
I been trying to tell people Chicago is going crazy for 360. Could tell that by being in Target the other day.

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
4.jpg

:lol CBS 4 News Miami Just spoke to him. He told the reporter he has been here since 7AM. Then the reporter responds "You must be the kind of guy that sits at home at his computer all day and never go out" You can tell he was a bit peeved"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom